Lara wash

Born Baby in United States 2018 Law

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Lara wash said:

Hi, I'm 28 years old and my wife is Chinese. I'm Indian national and now we both are living in China. Me and my wife we are planning to birth our baby in USA, Reason ( want our baby to give better future & studies ). plus we'll also move to US on E2 visa very soon in a couple of years ( planning to start a business there ). Will you guys tell us about legal things in USA to born baby, indeed we do not have insurance etc in the USA but we can arrange funds to pay all feeses etc ! We are just curious in your idea how much $ it'll cost us the all ( delivery, treatment etc )

Do we have to hire any lawyer etc or simple went to any hospital and make an appointment?

Please advise whole processes!

Birth tourism is a very contentious issue in the US.     

If your child is disabled, it will not give you a right to remain in the US. If the baby is disabled, the costs could exceed millions of US dollars.

Edited by CEE53147

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non Contributory post removed. Stick to answering the OP's questions or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

That language is uncalled for.. stick to the topic!

EDIT: the post was removed, thanks

Edited by WeGuyGal

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

11 hours ago, Lara wash said:

indeed we can tell them but scared maybe it'll cause an issue like no entry etc ?

Please advise!

Scared of what? There are two outcomes. You are admitted or you are denied. If denied, you just return home. They don't shoot you. What's to be scared of? You must be truthful. 

Likely that your wife will be asked about it if she is obviously pregnant when she arrives.

What will you do if you are only granted 2 weeks admission? 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

OP, let's say everything goes well and your baby is born in good ol' Plano, Texas.  May your child be happy and health and make the world a better place!

Now, what does that mean for you?  Nothing.  Your US born baby will be a US citizen, but will not be able to sponsor you for another 21 years.  You would not have a better chance of overstaying and remaining nor getting US residency. 

I don't know if you would jeopardize your E-2 if your POE is denied - someone may want to give their thoughts on that.

Whenever the baby comes, the baby comes, but I must say this is a rather unusual situation.  "Birth tourism", huh?  So that is a thing?  I wonder if DACA would be sorted out by the time the kid is 5 years old...

Also, I think the OP is playing games on VJ...anyone else think so?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

E2 is a non immigrant visa so not sure how having a USC child would be viewed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Lara wash said:

Hi, I'm 28 years old and my wife is Chinese. I'm Indian national and now we both are living in China. Me and my wife we are planning to birth our baby in USA, Reason ( want our baby to give better future & studies ). plus we'll also move to US on E2 visa very soon in a couple of years ( planning to start a business there ). Will you guys tell us about legal things in USA to born baby, indeed we do not have insurance etc in the USA but we can arrange funds to pay all feeses etc ! We are just curious in your idea how much $ it'll cost us the all ( delivery, treatment etc )

Do we have to hire any lawyer etc or simple went to any hospital and make an appointment?

Please advise whole processes!

Not going to lie this sounds kinda sketchy...just being honest that's how they will look at it and yes it's about $20K but if there are complications even a simple C SECTION you're talking a lot of money. Best of luck. I feel like this plan isn't going to end well for you guys. 

If you want to get an E2 visa, don't you think it will be a red flag to travel to have your kid in the US just because you want the baby to be American. Don't you think they will ask you about it? Plus, if you cannot pay the hospital bill, which can be hundreds of thousands of dollars, you will not be getting any other visa; someone last year was rejected for not having paid a hospital bill. 

And if you are going to have an E2, then the baby will get one too, which makes all this the more irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Lara wash said:

indeed we can tell them but scared maybe it'll cause an issue like no entry etc ?

Please advise!

You have to answer honestly. If you don’t you could be barred from future entry, US citizen baby notwithstanding. Also you do realize a child has to be 21 and living in the US before it can sponsor patents for a green card? ....that’s even if that categury still exists in 21 years’ time.

can see many replies, let me clear myself. if we born baby in China ( currently we are living here ) . the baby is still as a foreigner he'll not get things like a local baby get, HUKU ( family book )  and many favors as well.

Plus ,We are Muslim and in China here is nothing for Muslims, food and nothing at all. its better to live in christen country!

, If we go to Pakistan it's not that safe for my wife n baby!

We can afford his hospital and everything.  hope we'll get easily E2 or EB5 ( we have savings ) ! but all it takes a time, few years and we don't have a choice right now but born baby in US !   

Advise!

Edited by Lara wash

Pakistanis love Chinese folks and more so as the POTUS has this opinion about Pakistan.  Your wife and baby would be fine.

Plus, don’t forget that you already have the E-2 visa.  Remember that trip to Plano?

Signature coming soon...

9 minutes ago, Lara wash said:

can see many replies, let me clear myself. if we born baby in China ( currently we are living here ) . the baby is still as a foreigner he'll not get things like a local baby get, HUKU ( family book )  and many favors as well.

Plus ,We are Muslim and in China here is nothing for Muslims, food and nothing at all. its better to live in christen country!

, If we go to Pakistan it's not that safe for my wife n baby!

We can afford his hospital and everything.  hope we'll get easily E2 or EB5 ( we have savings ) ! but all it takes a time, few years and we don't have a choice right now but born baby in US !   

Advise!

You can also look into Saipan, no visa required for your wife if I remember correctly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.