mfbg

i-485 application

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good morning!

Is there any one of you who can give me advice on what to do with my I-485 application? I have submitted mine last June 13, 2016 and had my biometrics done twice, first was in July 2016 and 2nd was in February 2017. It's been 1 year and 7 months now and until now there's no update with my application. Every time I sent an inquiry online they will just say it's still in processing. Please, can someone help me on this? My case number starts with MSC and I don't know where my papers are. St. Paul Minneapolis is currently processing as of July 31, 2016 applications for I-485 and I filed mine on June 13, 2016. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mfbg said:

Good morning!

Is there any one of you who can give me advice on what to do with my I-485 application? I have submitted mine last June 13, 2016 and had my biometrics done twice, first was in July 2016 and 2nd was in February 2017. It's been 1 year and 7 months now and until now there's no update with my application. Every time I sent an inquiry online they will just say it's still in processing. Please, can someone help me on this? My case number starts with MSC and I don't know where my papers are. St. Paul Minneapolis is currently processing as of July 31, 2016 applications for I-485 and I filed mine on June 13, 2016. Thanks

Call USCIS directly and ask to talk to a supervisor who can give you answers about what it going on. Why did you do biometrics twice?

Why are your papers lost? It is kinda important to keep everything in a safe place...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Call USCIS directly and ask to talk to a supervisor who can give you answers about what it going on. Why did you do biometrics twice?

Why are your papers lost? It is kinda important to keep everything in a safe place...

2 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

I actually called the USCIS hotline number and they didn't get any update from them, they will just say they will sent an inquiry and that's it. I am not sure why I had my biometric twice. I have my papers with me all the receipts, what I was saying is that I don't know where is my I-485 application now. I really don't have any idea. If its in Minneapolis or still in National service center. Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it!

Timeline
1 minute ago, mfbg said:

I actually called the USCIS hotline number and they didn't get any update from them, they will just say they will sent an inquiry and that's it. I am not sure why I had my biometric twice. I have my papers with me all the receipts, what I was saying is that I don't know where is my I-485 application now. I really don't have any idea. If its in Minneapolis or still in National service center. Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it!

Oh I see!  Ok that is good you have all your receipts then. 

You should call them again and make sure you talk to a supervisor, the regular people who answer the phone just read generic answers from a script and in my experience not very helpful at all.. A supervisor should be able to find out what is happening. You are way past the waiting time and you should demand an answer and also find out why you did your biometrics twice.. that is kinda strange. 

Did you receive EAD and AP?

Timeline

Hello! My first biometric notice was for EAD, I thought that was also for green card and then the 2nd biometric was for my I-485. It should be only 1 for both 1-485 and EAD. I got my EAD on time last September 15, 2016. And I renewed it last August 2017 and now its been 5 months :( I haven't received my new EAD. I am going to ask my husband to call the USCIS and  talk to the supervisor. As of now I am actually looking for St Paul Minneapolis online to see If I can set an appointment with  them just to check if my application is already in there office. Thanks a lot IRIS!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, mfbg said:

Hello! My first biometric notice was for EAD, I thought that was also for green card and then the 2nd biometric was for my I-485. It should be only 1 for both 1-485 and EAD. I got my EAD on time last September 15, 2016. And I renewed it last August 2017 and now its been 5 months :( I haven't received my new EAD. I am going to ask my husband to call the USCIS and  talk to the supervisor. As of now I am actually looking for St Paul Minneapolis online to see If I can set an appointment with  them just to check if my application is already in there office. Thanks a lot IRIS!

I see. I'm glad if I was able to help, good luck with everything! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.