1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Yes seems like good news!

Won't be long now! Congratulations!

thank you much guys, for ALL your support... I imagine we should here sometime next week about when he can pick up his visa..... :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This long road is coming to a end, wifes interview has been scheduled for May 2.   This has been one long road through this process, the ups and downs and the waiting.  But will be over soon.:):)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

scheduled to pick up visa Monday guys <3 God BLESS YOU ALL  @Desi15   @John and Janay @Ana Maria

WOW.....SEE!

great news!

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jeff_9802 said:

My fiance had her interview on April 3rd, and we are still waiting to hear if she is approved or denied.  So far, we have not heard anything.

What did they say at the interview? Did she get the pink paper stating you were approved?

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
9 hours ago, Laura & Chris said:

What did they say at the interview? Did she get the pink paper stating you were approved?

My fiance did not get any papers.  At the end of the interview (20-25 minutes), the CO simply said something like "You can leave now.  We will review all of your documentation, and we will let you know what the decision is."

Timeline
11 hours ago, Laura & Chris said:

Brazil Consulate did not give us any paper at the end of the interview - just told us we were approved and to expect an email in 7 to 10 days.

Every consulate and CO are different????

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Timeline
On 4/12/2018 at 9:54 AM, Lisa & Jorge said:

scheduled to pick up visa Monday guys <3 God BLESS YOU ALL  @Desi15   @John and Janay @Ana Maria

@Lisa & Jorge that is sooo exciting. I’m so happy for you. This just put me in the best mood! Soon he will be here 😍

Timeline

POE 5/10 !!!!!!!!

for all Brazilians --- Maxmilha.com.br for CHEAP FLIGHTS --- frequent flyers selling bilhetes for desconta muita!

Jorge found a flight from Rio- Atlanta - Harrisburg PA - very small airport- ( which is rare to find one stop to begin with) for  $1060 Reias -   do the math - this price is literally a milagre.. completamente...

also --- my sister's fiancé just had POE 2 weeks ago and said the first question they ask at POE is what address you are going to.. if you cant answer, you cant enter...  just an FYI

love you all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 8:21 AM, Lisa & Jorge said:

POE 5/10 !!!!!!!!

for all Brazilians --- Maxmilha.com.br for CHEAP FLIGHTS --- frequent flyers selling bilhetes for desconta muita!

Jorge found a flight from Rio- Atlanta - Harrisburg PA - very small airport- ( which is rare to find one stop to begin with) for  $1060 Reias -   do the math - this price is literally a milagre.. completamente...

also --- my sister's fiancé just had POE 2 weeks ago and said the first question they ask at POE is what address you are going to.. if you cant answer, you cant enter...  just an FYI

love you all

Congratulations!!!!! So glad you guys are on your way! We've been praying for you! 

Timeline

Hi everyone,

POE was yesterday! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

I crossed at the Windsor-Detroit Ambassador Bridge. It took almost two hours for them to process my visa and to do the paperwork to import my Jeep. Everyone I encountered there was incredibly friendly and it was more or less just having to confirm fiance's name, what he did for work, address, etc. Simple but took some time; no big deal. They let me go out and check on my cat about halfway through, reminded me I had to marry in 90 days and apply for the adjustment and I was on my way! 

I crossed the Arkansas-Texas state line tonight and calling it a day! 5 more hours to drive tomorrow and I'll be with my fiancé! 😭😭

To everyone still waiting for visas and POE, hang in there!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2018-04-21 at 10:31 PM, Gillian90 said:

Hi everyone,

POE was yesterday! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

I crossed at the Windsor-Detroit Ambassador Bridge. It took almost two hours for them to process my visa and to do the paperwork to import my Jeep. Everyone I encountered there was incredibly friendly and it was more or less just having to confirm fiance's name, what he did for work, address, etc. Simple but took some time; no big deal. They let me go out and check on my cat about halfway through, reminded me I had to marry in 90 days and apply for the adjustment and I was on my way! 

I crossed the Arkansas-Texas state line tonight and calling it a day! 5 more hours to drive tomorrow and I'll be with my fiancé! 😭😭

To everyone still waiting for visas and POE, hang in there!! ❤️

Good to know! Hope you had safe travels! 

Did you bring any furniture with you? I just got my visa last friday- YAY! ( interview was April 18 in Mtl). I’ll be moving late may, I was hoping to bring my furniture across the border... not sure if that’s allowed or not.

Timeline
13 hours ago, LisaandJoe said:

Good to know! Hope you had safe travels! 

Did you bring any furniture with you? I just got my visa last friday- YAY! ( interview was April 18 in Mtl). I’ll be moving late may, I was hoping to bring my furniture across the border... not sure if that’s allowed or not.

Congratulations!!

I didn't bring any furniture - after  a few of my own things, the cat, and all her toys and accessories, the jeep was full 😂

You should be able to check the US Customs website and find the answer. I don't see why most furniture wouldn't be allowed. (I remember in the past mattresses weren't allowed but I'm not sure if that still stands.) If nothing else, you can call your POE and ask. 

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.