Congrats!

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

sorry guys I have been a little MIA lately.  with preparing and our focus being on Jorge's interview last week, and some other things outside of this process, I haven't had much time to catch up.. I urge you all to read this post because it through us for a whirl when Jorge went to his interview last Tuesday ( a week ago today)

We have read countless reviews of the simple 3 question-your approved interviews at Rio's embassy.  We have read many testimonials of a previous tourist visa denial not affecting a K1 visa approval in the slightest.  And yet Jorge and I somehow got the short end of the stick.  I don't know if the interviewer was just not having a good day, or if something about Jorge didn't rub this guy right, but after waiting 3 hours to be interviewed, Jorge was asked 20 minutes worth of questions that the guy would seem to try his hardest to catch Jorge in a lie asking him questions that didn't even make sense with our relationship and what the evidence showed. He asked him questions that seemed a little abnormal (he asked Jorge about  my son's father who I have never been married to or lived with, etc...)  

Jorge felt interrogated and almost violated with the way this guy was treating him. it was insulting.  He didn't even ask Jorge what language he prefers to do the interview in and Jorge does not speak fluent English yet.. .and the interviewer went from one language to the other just randomly.... obviously from all that was happening Jorge became a little nervous. He feared the worst, and didn't have the slightest clue why this was happening to him as he heard other couples receiving the type of interviews and outcomes we have read so much about...

Finally the guy told him he needed more proof of our relationship, so bless his heart, he ran around gathering 300 pages of printed photos and texts (WhatsApp conversations) to return to the embassy THAT AFTERNOON.  He could not re-enter but they seemed to be expecting his return same day.  They told him they would review and contact him.

Still devastated, it has been a week since then and we have no idea how long we have to wait or what exactly we are waiting for.  We had planned the date of his departure and everything and now we are stuck in limbo again very confused, very emotionally drained.  I emailed the embassy last Thursday I think and asked them if there is any way I can help them with more evidence and they plain and simply told me my case was being reviewed and to wait.

that's it.

has anyone ever heard of this ?  what can I expect ?  how can I start planning accordingly now ?  they did keep Jorge's passport...   I am hoping that is a good sign.  but no one wants to tell us time-frame ... I am wondering when I should email them again. They had a holiday Friday.... can  anyone offer me some advice or support?  we are both having a difficult time with this.

God bless,

Lisa and Jorge

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

sorry guys I have been a little MIA lately.  with preparing and our focus being on Jorge's interview last week, and some other things outside of this process, I haven't had much time to catch up.. I urge you all to read this post because it through us for a whirl when Jorge went to his interview last Tuesday ( a week ago today)

We have read countless reviews of the simple 3 question-your approved interviews at Rio's embassy.  We have read many testimonials of a previous tourist visa denial not affecting a K1 visa approval in the slightest.  And yet Jorge and I somehow got the short end of the stick.  I don't know if the interviewer was just not having a good day, or if something about Jorge didn't rub this guy right, but after waiting 3 hours to be interviewed, Jorge was asked 20 minutes worth of questions that the guy would seem to try his hardest to catch Jorge in a lie asking him questions that didn't even make sense with our relationship and what the evidence showed. He asked him questions that seemed a little abnormal (he asked Jorge about  my son's father who I have never been married to or lived with, etc...)  

Jorge felt interrogated and almost violated with the way this guy was treating him. it was insulting.  He didn't even ask Jorge what language he prefers to do the interview in and Jorge does not speak fluent English yet.. .and the interviewer went from one language to the other just randomly.... obviously from all that was happening Jorge became a little nervous. He feared the worst, and didn't have the slightest clue why this was happening to him as he heard other couples receiving the type of interviews and outcomes we have read so much about...

Finally the guy told him he needed more proof of our relationship, so bless his heart, he ran around gathering 300 pages of printed photos and texts (WhatsApp conversations) to return to the embassy THAT AFTERNOON.  He could not re-enter but they seemed to be expecting his return same day.  They told him they would review and contact him.

Still devastated, it has been a week since then and we have no idea how long we have to wait or what exactly we are waiting for.  We had planned the date of his departure and everything and now we are stuck in limbo again very confused, very emotionally drained.  I emailed the embassy last Thursday I think and asked them if there is any way I can help them with more evidence and they plain and simply told me my case was being reviewed and to wait.

that's it.

has anyone ever heard of this ?  what can I expect ?  how can I start planning accordingly now ?  they did keep Jorge's passport...   I am hoping that is a good sign.  but no one wants to tell us time-frame ... I am wondering when I should email them again. They had a holiday Friday.... can  anyone offer me some advice or support?  we are both having a difficult time with this.

God bless,

Lisa and Jorge

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear this! It breaks my heart. I don't know why they would make it so difficult. 

I think that they have the passport is a good sign. Did you check the CEAC site for an update?

I haven't heard of this before, but I'm praying for a speedy and positive outcome for you guys! Stay positive. You didn't get this far to be discouraged now. You guys can do it! 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear this! It breaks my heart. I don't know why they would make it so difficult. 

I think that they have the passport is a good sign. Did you check the CEAC site for an update?

I haven't heard of this before, but I'm praying for a speedy and positive outcome for you guys! Stay positive. You didn't get this far to be discouraged now. You guys can do it! 

thank you SO MUCH for those words of encouragement. the CEAC site says application received... and I'm afraid ill piss people off if I contact them again to ask what the status is... I really don't know what to do.   should I wait until Thursday to email them again since it will be a week since my last email ?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

that's it.

God bless,

Lisa and Jorge

wow, sorry to hear this...

It does seems out of the ordinary from everything I have seen and experienced.

Especially, switching languages......

Interviewer seemed to be probing around the issues of your case - maybe it was scrutiny over the previous tourist VISA issue.

I think it is a very good sign they kept the passport.  

I also think its a good sign the only thing that was came as a result and requested was additional proof of relationship - that is real and you have it.

Hold tight - let it run its course - it took them 2 weeks to process our approval....so expect to wait a bit.

The difficult part is you are still wondering and waiting and you have already waited a long time.

You will be okay...stay positive and follow-up in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck and let us know when you are approved.

No NVC Letter Received

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

thank you SO MUCH for those words of encouragement. the CEAC site says application received... and I'm afraid ill piss people off if I contact them again to ask what the status is... I really don't know what to do.   should I wait until Thursday to email them again since it will be a week since my last email ?

just wait - give them 2-weeks from the interview date....

They have the additional proof - let them process it.

Your CO does not need anymore more encouragement - not yet.

relax - you know how things move in Brasil....rs

No NVC Letter Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:09 AM, Harrydawg said:

Hey Guys 

My NOA2 was approved from January 9th 2018 and to date our file hasn't been forwarded to the NVC. I have called both the NVC and the USCIS and sent the copy of the approval notice to the NVC via email who responded that they have no record or receiving the file. 

The USCIS when I call and escalated to tier 1 am told that the file is still been processed for "clerical issues" and that there is no specific time for the file to be processed. I'm given the impression that I shouldn't call back and I need to wait until it's ready - whenever that is.

The wait and the anxiety is almost unbearable - is this usual? We are waiting 8 weeks

Well our files was returned to the USCIS from the NVC after been there for a week. I have made numerous calls to the USCIS and all I can hear is that they don't have the file and I have to wait for 180 days before we can get a response from them!!! This action doesn't make much sense as our expiration day will get here way before that 180 days. Don't even know what to do but just wait but asking us to do a 6 month stretch is inhumane at best

13 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

that's it.

God bless,

Lisa and Jorge

Soo sorry to hear this....

The fact they kept his passport is a good sign, just make sure you have more evidence to give to them if they ask. 

I can't comment too much on the interview questions as I was only asked what my husband did for a job then had a conversation completely off topic, but they cannot expect you to know everything so I don't get why they asked about your childs father. 

I really hope things move quickly for you. 

Keep us updated 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ana Maria said:

just wait - give them 2-weeks from the interview date....

They have the additional proof - let them process it.

Your CO does not need anymore more encouragement - not yet.

relax - you know how things move in Brasil....rs

yes you are so right.  we were just really thrown off from the interview experience. 

your words definitely have given Jorge and I some relief .

I will keep you all update and thank you for all of you who responded with encouragement <3

Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 5:38 AM, Lisa & Jorge said:

that's it.

God bless,

Lisa and Jorge

Lisa, 

Me and my fiancé were there that day and I think we overheard his interview 😰 We were wondering what ended up happening because he started his interview before us and after we finished he was still there. He was asked a lot of questions and I think it’s the same interview because I remember hearing the question: where is the sons father? 

I’m sorry that all of this happening. I don’t know how true this is but I heard you Can have 2 more interviews to bring more documents. If that’s the case, it might be worth it (and if you have a way) to go to Rio and be in the interview. I don’t know if it was just my impression but the ones whose fiancés were there seemed to have shorter interviews and seemed like they were always approved. 

Hope everything works out for you guys!! 

Desi 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Desi15 said:

Lisa, 

Me and my fiancé were there that day and I think we overheard his interview 😰 We were wondering what ended up happening because he started his interview before us and after we finished he was still there. He was asked a lot of questions and I think it’s the same interview because I remember hearing the question: where is the sons father? 

I’m sorry that all of this happening. I don’t know how true this is but I heard you Can have 2 more interviews to bring more documents. If that’s the case, it might be worth it (and if you have a way) to go to Rio and be in the interview. I don’t know if it was just my impression but the ones whose fiancés were there seemed to have shorter interviews and seemed like they were always approved. 

Hope everything works out for you guys!! 

Desi 

Desi,

you are right - it was definitely Jorge.  I kept asking Jorge if they said anything about scheduling another interview but he said no....

and if they do I am ABSOLUTELY going to be there ... but I'm believing they wont... that  they will just accept all the info he gave them and process his visa. keep us in prayer  :-)   

Lisa and Jorge

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

Desi,

you are right - it was definitely Jorge.  I kept asking Jorge if they said anything about scheduling another interview but he said no....

and if they do I am ABSOLUTELY going to be there ... but I'm believing they wont... that  they will just accept all the info he gave them and process his visa. keep us in prayer  :-)   

Lisa and Jorge

I definitely will keep you two in my prayers and pray that everything gets approved.  ❤️❤️❤️ Keep us posted! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in Montreal this morning and was approved! It was very simple and everyone at the consulate was pleasant for the most part. 

Canadians, let me know if you have any questions about the consulate, interview, etc. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our Visa is ready for pick up! 8 work days after interview! I wish they would let us pick up today, but we have to wait until Monday. 

John will be here next week! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

Our Visa is ready for pick up! 8 work days after interview! I wish they would let us pick up today, but we have to wait until Monday. 

John will be here next week! 

That was fast, lol

good deal!

No NVC Letter Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.