CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Has anyone has their case expedited through the NVC?  Mine was approved but I am confused to exactly where and how we pay the fees...  I saw on one website that the fees can be paid to the consulate but do they accept check, money order, or does the payment have to be in US dollars?

Also can I ask who all plans to be there for the interview?  My husband thinks it’s vital for me to be there but in the confirmation they said no one else will be allowed to enter the building...

PD January 29, 2018

NOA 2 - September 26, 2018

Sent to NVC - October 15, 2018

Received (no case#) - October 24, 2018

Expedite Request submitted to NVC - October 30, 2018

Approved Expedite Request received - November 2, 2018

VAC Appointment - December 5, 2018

Consulate Interview - December 10, 2018

Edited by JM&JJ Gonz❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/17/2018 at 12:00 PM, JM&JJ Gonz❤️ said:

Hello All,

Has anyone has their case expedited through the NVC?  Mine was approved but I am confused to exactly where and how we pay the fees...  I saw on one website that the fees can be paid to the consulate but do they accept check, money order, or does the payment have to be in US dollars?

Also can I ask who all plans to be there for the interview?  My husband thinks it’s vital for me to be there but in the confirmation they said no one else will be allowed to enter the building...

PD January 29, 2018

NOA 2 - September 26, 2018

Sent to NVC - October 15, 2018

Received (no case#) - October 24, 2018

Expedite Request submitted to NVC - October 30, 2018

Approved Expedite Request received - November 2, 2018

VAC Appointment - December 5, 2018

Consulate Interview - December 10, 2018

When you go on the site you will see pay fees you will click that, my husband paid with his card and it doesn't matter what currency you use as long as the currency you are using amount to 1 us dollar so you need to find out nvc exchange rate to your countries dollar and I called my local embassy and they said I should attend alone only if they gave direct orders for my husband to come then that's a different story so call your local embassy and find out, good luck.

HAPPY 1st Anniversary to my husband and I.....Wish we could be together, sadly since our filing date 01/12/2018.....Sadly, nothing, no request further further information, no denials....just nothing.    Looks like this is going to be a long road ahead, harder than the first year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

HAPPY 1st Anniversary to my husband and I.....Wish we could be together, sadly since our filing date 01/12/2018.....Sadly, nothing, no request further further information, no denials....just nothing.    Looks like this is going to be a long road ahead, harder than the first year. 

I hope you hear good news soon.

2 hours ago, laowainelson said:

I hope you hear good news soon.

Thank you!  ......I do too.  I am so happy yet so sad today.   01/12/2018 will be 1 year.   Wish there was a way to find out more whys and whens...I just say my prayers each day 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi guys! 

For people who have submitted their documents to CEAC... Are we supposed to open up the police clearance form, scan and submit the contents? I feel stupid for asking, but my husband is from Sweden and they have a pretty strict "Do not open police report" policy there unless you are the business, government, employer, etc... of the person of interest. 

Thanks in advance! 

On 11/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, Keyra26 said:

When you go on the site you will see pay fees you will click that, my husband paid with his card and it doesn't matter what currency you use as long as the currency you are using amount to 1 us dollar so you need to find out nvc exchange rate to your countries dollar and I called my local embassy and they said I should attend alone only if they gave direct orders for my husband to come then that's a different story so call your local embassy and find out, good luck.

Thank you so much for the info!

On 11/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, Keyra26 said:

Thank you so much for the info!

Yesterday I had my interview at the embassy in London. All went pretty well and smooth and overall she said I was approved... however, they have to wait for my petitioner to upload her W2 form on CEAC before they can begin processing. Weirdly enough, she has already submitted her W2 but either way, somehow, the embassy did not have it. So we have had to submit it both online and I have also had to send a physical copy of it through their courier service as that was also instructed of me through email. So she said once they receive the W2, they will begin issuing me the visa. I hope it doesn't take too long. I've read many mixed reviews on the lengths of times people have had to wait once they have gone into administrative processing. The officer conducting my interview made it seem like once they have received the document - which they have today, I will be getting my visa shortly after. I feel as though it may be a bit premature to celebrate as I feel as though I'm still in limbo. I'm hoping that it should not take too long as they only need that one document and she stated that there was nothing else against me; I was cleared of all police checks etc. So fingers crossed this time does not take too long!

• 2 weeks later...

I am still here!    January 12, 2019 is almost here for my 1 year mark.   No updates, no news, nothing, just the emails that say no status update.     I wish I understood.  If my attorney had insight or understanding that he could tell me why our case is taking so long for the I130 spousal application to be approved. 

I really wonder will it be 2 years before my husband arrives......

17 hours ago, nativity said:

Have any january filers here particularly nebraska not received their noa2 yet?

We have not, just emails stating still processing no updates.  Put an inquiry in and response was generic thank us for our patience. 

19 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

We have not, just emails stating still processing no updates.  Put an inquiry in and response was generic thank us for our patience. 

I just called NVC after 2 weeks of submitting all my documents to them via mailing and was told that my case was completed and awaiting an interview date. I did not receive no email or nothing, however the representative over the phone told me I should be receiving an email shortly and she verified my email. I asked her if she think they will schedule my wife’s interview this year and she said she’s not sure but mostly will be for January cause they are trying to hold back interviews for January. This makes sense since Christmas holiday right around the corner. And that works in my favor too because I want to be there for the interview and I will get time off from my job starting in January. 

Edited by Gods-faith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.