CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

I just called NVC after 2 weeks of submitting all my documents to them via mailing and was told that my case was completed and awaiting an interview date. I did not receive no email or nothing, however the representative over the phone told me I should be receiving an email shortly and she verified my email. I asked her if she think they will schedule my wife’s interview this year and she said she’s not sure but mostly will be for January cause they are trying to hold back interviews for January. This makes sense since Christmas holiday right around the corner. And that works in my favor too because I want to be there for the interview and I will get time off from my job starting in January. 

I have an attorney but seem I am a bother when I try to see what he thinks every few months.   I did not know we can call.   Where do I call to?    He said he will not contact UCSIS  until is is 60 days past my 1/1/19 date of or 1 year of waiting 

Hello All,

My husband had his interview on 12/10/18 and he was approved!!!! We are so excited and I continue to wish you all the best of luck 🙂

PD January 29, 2018

NOA 1 - February 2, 2018

NOA 2 - September 26, 2018

Case Forwarded to NVC October 15, 2018

NVC received (no case#) October 24, 2018

Expedite Request submitted October 30, 2018

Expedite Approved November 1, 2018

Biometric Exam December 5, 2018

Interview December 10, 2018

(his original interview was scheduled for December 6, 2018 but we had to reschedule) 

Also we did not use an attorney at all or a document preparation service... I completed everything on my own.  We were in Potomac Service Center.

Edited by JM&JJ Gonz❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JM&JJ Gonz❤️ said:

Hello All,

My husband had his interview on 12/10/18 and he was approved!!!! We are so excited and I continue to wish you all the best of luck 🙂

PD January 29, 2018

NOA 1 - February 2, 2018

NOA 2 - September 26, 2018

Case Forwarded to NVC October 15, 2018

NVC received (no case#) October 24, 2018

Expedite Request submitted October 30, 2018

Expedite Approved November 1, 2018

Biometric Exam December 5, 2018

Interview December 10, 2018

(his original interview was scheduled for December 6, 2018 but we had to reschedule) 

Also we did not use an attorney at all or a document preparation service... I completed everything on my own.  We were in Potomac Service Center.

Congratulations!! All the best! 

Could you share your reason of expediting? I want to put in an expedite on my case and well, any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 

Edited by jantacza

4 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

I have an attorney but seem I am a bother when I try to see what he thinks every few months.   I did not know we can call.   Where do I call to?    He said he will not contact UCSIS  until is is 60 days past my 1/1/19 date of or 1 year of waiting 

For USCIS you would call +1-800-375-5283

For the National visa Center(NVC), you would call (603) 334-0700.  For USCIS you can chose the option on whether to enter your case number over the phone and have the automated machine tells you info about your case. However, if you really think it has been too long for your case to not be approved and want to speak with a representative, then you can call and press the option key that ask if you calling to change adress as that option will get you a representative faster. As for NVC you call them an wait about half hour on the phone and someone will speak to you. Important, that you have you case number with you when calling either USCIS or NVC. They will ask for case number first thing. 

7 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Congratulations. What country was your husband interview in? And how did the interview went? Did they give him a difficult time?

thank you for your response!

My husband is from Dominican Republic and they asked him 4 questions:  

Who is his petitioner

Who is the better cook

Who is the better organizer

How many children do I have

Then she told him that he was approved.  

She did not review any of the pictures or anything.

9 hours ago, JM&JJ Gonz❤️ said:

My husband is from Dominican Republic and they asked him 4 questions:  

Who is his petitioner

Who is the better cook

Who is the better organizer

How many children do I have

Then she told him that he was approved.  

She did not review any of the pictures or anything.

Wow okay. I hope my wife interview goes just as smooth later on. My wife is awaiting an interview date at the US embassy in Guyana. I know the questions will vary that they ask her since we don’t have kids and such. But I hope they don’t ask too much questions lol.  And once again congrats to you guys. Hope all goes well for you hear on out too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gods-faith said:

Wow okay. I hope my wife interview goes just as smooth later on. My wife is awaiting an interview date at the US embassy in Guyana. I know the questions will vary that they ask her since we don’t have kids and such. But I hope they don’t ask too much questions lol.  And once again congrats to you guys. Hope all goes well for you hear on out too. 

Hey! I’m just starting the nvc stage , but can you keep us posted with the interview in Guyana ? My husband has to do his there too , and they say it’s taking a long time to get an interview.

6 hours ago, Layanis J said:

Hey! I’m just starting the nvc stage , but can you keep us posted with the interview in Guyana ? My husband has to do his there too , and they say it’s taking a long time to get an interview.

Hi, i will keep you posted. I hope that NVC don’t take long to send me an interview date. They told me I might get one in January or it may take several months based upon how busy the embassy in Guyana is. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
14 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi, i will keep you posted. I hope that NVC don’t take long to send me an interview date. They told me I might get one in January or it may take several months based upon how busy the embassy in Guyana is. 

Omg are you serious ? Who told you ? That’s great!!! Can’t wait to be done with nvc then!! ☺️

Hi Guys,

My case was closed at NVC on October 22,2018. But I needed to update the "Date of birth" on IV Form so NVC reopened my case. After a week I called them and I Found out that my case is under "Administrative review". On Nov 16 I called them and my case status was still the same. So the Operator suggested me to send my case to a Supervisor.  It's been 4 weeks yet no updates. I called NVC and talked to a supervisor all they said was my case under review and there is no timeframe on how long it will take for NVC to complete reviewing. 

Has anyone experienced this situation? I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I just received an email from the NVC saying that my wife case was 'complete' and its in process for an interview date. 

•Mailed all documents(package), November 19.
NVC Received documents November 21.
•I called NVC on December 11 and was told my case had been completed. (I guess it was complete before December 11, but that’s when I had called) 

• Received 'case complete' on December 14. 

*awaiting interview date now😊

I have to say the NVC stage is progressing very quickly. 

Edited by Gods-faith

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, i need you’re help because i have made myself sick over this. My husband had his interview on the 12th of Decmeber. He was give 221g to upload joint sponsor papers, which we did right after the interview. When i check the visa status it say “refused” and the case update hasn’t changed since 12th decemeber. Should i be worried? Anyone had a similar experience or same situation? I’m losing my mind 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.