pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, bestofluck said:

Hi all, we filed the AOS package on December 27th, 2017 Chicago received it on January 2nd, 2018.

Still waiting for NOA1.

We had the package prepared by our attorney so we didn't submit the G1145 form. But it seems like if you register on USCIS website and enter all the receipt numbers, you can also get email and SMS updates? Anyways hope you all the best of luck!!!

Just got 4 copies of NOA1 in the mail. They transferred our case to National Benefits Center.

It shows "RECEIVE DATE: January 02, 2018; NOTICE DATE: January 09, 2018". On the envelopes shows mailing date was on Jan 10, 2018, so it took them 8 long days to arrive!!! The check was cashed on Jan 11th btw.

Best of luck everyone, give it some time!

Edited by bestofluck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, bestofluck said:

Just got 4 copies of NOA1 in the mail. They transferred our case to National Benefits Center.

It shows "RECEIVE DATE: January 02, 2018; NOTICE DATE: January 09, 2018". On the envelopes shows mailing date was on Jan 10, 2018, so it took them 8 long days to arrive!!! The check was cashed on Jan 11th btw.

That's great!:D

It's weird that they cashed the check after they sent you the noa1.

Well, I've been calling MoneyGram twice a day to see if they cashed the money orders and it's still outstanding (the package was delivered on the 8th). So I guess that's just their procedure to check the checks after sending the noa1? :huh:

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, bestofluck said:

That's gr8! Good luck on the rest. Hopefully bio comes soon for you🤞

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Stewt said:

Hey y'all! 

Sent off package 01/12 USPS priority

Delivered 01/16 now I'm just waiting 

Using lawyer and filling concurrently i130, i485, i765, i864 didn't file i131

Husband is active duty any other military personnel here? Also aos from h2b so no k1 is the process the same? Lawyer told us not to send proof of bona fide marriage and that we just need to take it to interview. Our marriage is legit been together almost 7yrs got married July 2017! I'm relieved now that the package has been sent but now anxiously waiting. I didn't do one of those g forms so how can I check for received/acceptance or do I just gotta wait for hard copy? Congrats to all newly wed and good luck to all!

Hello there, we have a similar story/timeline

Sent AOS package: i-130, i-485 with i-864 and i-765 from B1/B2 on Jan 4th

Delivered Jan 8th

I didn't fill out the forms to receive electronic notifications :(  thought I wouldn't receive any hard copies if I did, so I am anxiously checking our bank accounts and the mail box, from what I read it takes about 2-3 weeks to get NOA in the mail.

My husband is also an active duty military and we also got married in July 2017 but our relationship is shorter 2 years lol.

Good luck

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

17 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

Hey guys,

I sent my package on 1-10, it was supposed to be a 2 day delivery. Tracking says "In transit: Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL 60680" since 1-13. 

I'm starting to freak out a little bit. 😥😖

Does anybody knows if they check the PO box everyday?

Mine was delivered December 26th to the PO Box I got notifications the 9th of January so you just need to give it time.

Just now, Jjjb said:

Yeah. I'm just kind iffy because USPS never said it was delivered. I am also scared about the government shutting down. 

I'll give until next Friday. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Ah so you never got the item was delivered to the box in the tracker from USPS? I know mine said delivered December 26th to PO Box. But yeah I think they are slower checking it. Some have had that the box was full and they were going to try delivery again the next day. :o I think it eventually got there.

Government shutdown won't affect immigration stuff because its a different area but honestly I doubt it will happen. :) 

59 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Ah so you never got the item was delivered to the box in the tracker from USPS? I know mine said delivered December 26th to PO Box. But yeah I think they are slower checking it. Some have had that the box was full and they were going to try delivery again the next day. :o I think it eventually got there.

Government shutdown won't affect immigration stuff because its a different area but honestly I doubt it will happen. :) 

Literally just got the text message from USCIS. My case was received. 😱

Have a great weekend!! 😆

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello there, we have a similar story/timeline

Sent AOS package: i-130, i-485 with i-864 and i-765 from B1/B2 on Jan 4th

Delivered Jan 8th

I didn't fill out the forms to receive electronic notifications :(  thought I wouldn't receive any hard copies if I did, so I am anxiously checking our bank accounts and the mail box, from what I read it takes about 2-3 weeks to get NOA in the mail.

My husband is also an active duty military and we also got married in July 2017 but our relationship is shorter 2 years lol.

Good luck

Oh nice! Congrats. I guess we just have to be patient!😏 I'm wondering if after getting the noa if we can use the receipt number to check future notices?🤔 I'll have to research that anyways I'll keep updating! Good luck with everything!

3 hours ago, Jjjb said:

Yeah. I'm just kind iffy because USPS never said it was delivered. I am also scared about the government shutting down. 

Government shutdown doesn’t affect uscis or USPS as they generate their own income.

5 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Well, I've been calling MoneyGram twice a day to see if they cashed the money orders and it's still outstanding (the package was delivered on the 8th). So I guess that's just their procedure to check the checks after sending the noa1? :huh:

I think it comes down to how fast IEFA cash your check, they scan and submit the checks electronically. I can only guess that they send out NOAs once they accept your applications regardless of whether the checks/money orders have been cashed or not.

It took exactly two weeks for them to send me e-notifications and exactly a week for hard copy NOAs to arrive. Give them couple of days.

3 hours ago, Jjjb said:

You can go to the post office and open an inquiry using the tracking number they gave you.

14 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I have a feeling the reason why the mails arrived so late was probably because they waited till the check was cleared but maybe I’m wrong. Don’t see any reason it took the mails 8 days to arrive... 

Is there a way for you to set up a notification whenever the money order is cashed? 

10 hours ago, Stewt said:

Oh nice! Congrats. I guess we just have to be patient!😏 I'm wondering if after getting the noa if we can use the receipt number to check future notices?🤔 I'll have to research that anyways I'll keep updating! Good luck with everything!

I registered a USCIS user name, and logged all my four receipt numbers in, you can then turn on both email and text notifications for these receipt numbers for updates. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.