pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, helnazedain said:

It seems like a lot of January filers have been getting impatient with their EADs, and I noticed it's mostly those adjusting from B2. Is this visa generally quick to obtain?

As someone adjusting from a K1 visa, I am not expecting my EAD at around day 70 something (getting an interview sched was more of a miracle) and I see fellow K1 visa holders aren't getting impatient as well. I think it's because they know how looong this process can take. And the AOS process is supposed to be longer! At least now we're with our spouses, so the wait isn't as stressful as when we we applied for the K1.

Just hang in there, fellow January filers, and don't keep checking your case as it'll just stress you out. Many 2017 filers are still waiting. Enjoy all your free time with your partner, start a new hobby, try something new, learn new things! Once you get your EAD, you'll wish you didn't spend this waiting time stressing out so much. :)

I'm on day 99, coming from a K1 as well. Not impatient yet! :)

I guess we're more used to waiting :P

When I was around day 70 I didn't even bother checking the status of my applications. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
37 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I'm on day 99, coming from a K1 as well. Not impatient yet! :)

I guess we're more used to waiting :P

When I was around day 70 I didn't even bother checking the status of my applications. 

I guess so! K1 filer as well here!

I don't even know what day I'm on. Haha

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Just now, DebbieWRaney said:

I guess so! K1 filer as well here!

I don't even know what day I'm on. Haha

I feel ya! haha

Just noticed an hour ago that I landed here exactly 6 months ago! September 22nd!
6 months with my life from 100 to zero! Crazy, how time flies!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, kvito28 said:

So I successfully expedited my EAD and even though I already have my card in hand the status still shows that the card was mailed to me. It never got updated to delivered. I wonder if these things can also happen to I-485 applications. My field office seems to be rather fast and I just do not want to miss a notice of interview or any updates that the USCIS may send. Any thoughts? should I inquire on it myself by calling them?

Sorry if someone already asked this - what was the basis you expedited the EAD on?

1 hour ago, Missabc said:

I completely agree, I came on a K1 back in November. Currently waiting on AOS and I can honestly say I've been the most chilled out in a long time. I'm just happy to be here with my husband, I check the mail once a week and never check the case tracker, it's like I'm a whole new woman :lol:

Same here, haha! Since I've reached the day 100 mark I check my tracker every day, but that's it! What will come, will come. We all been through longer waits... oh hold on, no! My NOA2 came after 93 days :jest:

Good to see you again! How is life for you? Adjusting well? :)

1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Same here, haha! Since I've reached the day 100 mark I check my tracker every day, but that's it! What will come, will come. We all been through longer waits... oh hold on, no! My NOA2 came after 93 days :jest:

Good to see you again! How is life for you? Adjusting well? :)

Its good to see you too! It feels like it was so long ago we were in the k1 forum! Life is good, I adjusted pretty well and didn't suffer from any home sickness thankfully. I brought my dog with me so she has been my little slice of home ❤ How have you been? 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

1 hour ago, Missabc said:

Its good to see you too! It feels like it was so long ago we were in the k1 forum! Life is good, I adjusted pretty well and didn't suffer from any home sickness thankfully. I brought my dog with me so she has been my little slice of home ❤ How have you been? 

I can't complain either. It's a bit odd to have my very active life slowing down from 100 to zero. But I'm glad I'm not homesick!
Yeah, true, it feels like forever! Last year we just started this whole craziness a while ago, and now we're waiting again haha

1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I can't complain either. It's a bit odd to have my very active life slowing down from 100 to zero. But I'm glad I'm not homesick!
Yeah, true, it feels like forever! Last year we just started this whole craziness a while ago, and now we're waiting again haha

I am homesick. My Mum called me today crying about how much she missed me and I started crying. She is gonna fly up next month for a three day visit. I CAN'T WAIT! I am fine with the AOS waiting however I NEED a job. My husband's health has not been good and he is barely working. I started applying for jobs today in hopes EAD comes but I won't hold my breath. Nice thing is though that the lady who heads up Friends of the Pikes Peak Library where I volunteer said she will be a reference for me. :) Yay. I need to find work soon though. We can probably last a few more months before we would be homeless.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

I am homesick. My Mum called me today crying about how much she missed me and I started crying. She is gonna fly up next month for a three day visit. I CAN'T WAIT! I am fine with the AOS waiting however I NEED a job. My husband's health has not been good and he is barely working. I started applying for jobs today in hopes EAD comes but I won't hold my breath. Nice thing is though that the lady who heads up Friends of the Pikes Peak Library where I volunteer said she will be a reference for me. :) Yay. I need to find work soon though. We can probably last a few more months before we would be homeless.

So sorry about that, I feel you I miss my family too. But look on the brighter side, your mum is coming soon, hang in there, it will bring a breath of fresh hair and she will come and cook some comforting food for me.

Awesome for the reference, congrats!

With your husband health's situation I would definitely try to expedite based on financial hardship, can you ask his doctor to write some type of letter stating that his health is deteriorating, medical bills, late bills and things like that?

and once you submit the expedited case start applying and sending resumes. It seems that expedites take 1 to 1.5 months. Hopefully by the time you receive a job offer your will receive your EAD.

Sending you guys prayers and positive vibes

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Kaitmarie said:

NOT ONLY DID THE GREEN CARD GET APPROVED MONDAY BUT IT ALREADY CAME IN THE MAIL!!! Yayyy!! You guys it feels SO GOOD! I'm so glad I had all your support this whole time or this process would have been way harder!  Our interview was a full hour long 😬  But the guy was really nice and understanding when they were small discrepancies in our answers.  He did not look at a single paper that I brought  but he did ask us each to see our phones to see  what are name somewhere for each other as our contacts  and also asked us to show him pictures of us together on our phones. Finally all the stress has paid off!!

Did you adjust your status from K1 visa?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kaitmarie said:

NOT ONLY DID THE GREEN CARD GET APPROVED MONDAY BUT IT ALREADY CAME IN THE MAIL!!! Yayyy!! You guys it feels SO GOOD! I'm so glad I had all your support this whole time or this process would have been way harder!  Our interview was a full hour long 😬  But the guy was really nice and understanding when they were small discrepancies in our answers.  He did not look at a single paper that I brought  but he did ask us each to see our phones to see  what are name somewhere for each other as our contacts  and also asked us to show him pictures of us together on our phones. Finally all the stress has paid off!!

Congratulations!!! I'm next! Hopefully I get approved, too!!! So happy for you!

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.