pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rmsean said:

hi. thanks. it was updated on February 6th. my lawyer is handling it. I'm up though so ill call them at 8 this morning as well. ill hear what they have to say.

Hi mate,

Any update from your call to Uscis ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Hi mate,

Any update from your call to Uscis ?

YH. I CALLED THEM. SAID I WAS SENT A LETTER. DIDNT SAY MORE THAN THAT. SAID IF I DONT GET IT BY APRIL 8 I SHOULD CALL BACK. FOR MY I765 THAT IS.

Edited by Rmsean

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rmsean said:

YH. I CALLED THEM. SAID I WAS SENT A LETTER. DIDNT SAY MORE THAN THAT. SAID IF I DONT GET IT BY APRIL 8 I SHOULD CALL BACK. FOR MY I765 THAT IS.

At least that's some sort of progress...

If only you had the USPS informed delivery service, that way you'd know what exactly you have coming your way.

Am on day 76 today, thinking of raising a service request tomorrow Inspite of my earlier expedite request..

What say the house? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wayoo said:

At least that's some sort of progress...

If only you had the USPS informed delivery service, that way you'd know what exactly you have coming your way.

Am on day 76 today, thinking of raising a service request tomorrow Inspite of my earlier expedite request..

What say the house? 

I HAVE INFORMED DELIVERY. YOU CAN TRY IF YOU WANT. MY OPINION.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

Did your case status changed after the biometrics? My appt was Feb 09th.

Nope.. Nothing changed.. Last update still stays at Jan 18th.. Did biometrics Feb 1st.. 76 days now..

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

Did your case status changed after the biometrics? My appt was Feb 09th.

I dis biometrics on 23rd of January. Changed to being scheduled for interview on feb 5 for my aos

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline

I feel the case updates thingy doesn't work for everyone as I've heard some people get the green cards and yet their case status never changes after biometrics or NOA1.

Anyways, am giving them a call tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stt said:

One thing that I wonder is what does it matter if my field office is fast or not if NBC takes forever? Yes, field office may take long time to schedule interview itself and may add few more month to the wait, but based on what I see, NBC also takes forever to even get files to the local office or send RFEs. Anyone has any info on this? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

One thing that I wonder is what does it matter if my field office is fast or not if NBC takes forever? Yes, field office may take long time to schedule interview itself and may add few more month to the wait, but based on what I see, NBC also takes forever to even get files to the local office or send RFEs. Anyone has any info on this? 

It's really sad what goes on at NBC

An agency like that should have enough manpower to handle cases fast, considering how much revenue is being generated from their exorbitant fees..

The most disheartening part of it for me is the pace at which ead applications are being processed.. If as at Dec 31st they were processing ead applications of Oct, how do they explain them processing ead applications of Nov as of March 15th... 

Isn't that crazy!? 

Am just gonna get my mind off till something substantial happens to me and stop getting my hopes high off other people's suggestive posts..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

An agency like that should have enough manpower to handle cases fast, considering how much revenue is being generated from their exorbitant fees..

The most disheartening part of it for me is the pace at which ead applications are being processed.. If as at Dec 31st they were processing ead applications of Oct, how do they explain them processing ead applications of Nov as of March 15th... 

Isn't that crazy!? 

Am just gonna get my mind off till something substantial happens to me and stop getting my hopes high off other people's suggestive posts..

I honestly think that those update are just a bunch of BS. I have seen people get approved in 1 month and some in 1 year. It seems to be a hit or miss. 

I am just wondering if I should apply for I-131 or not. I should have done it with EAD. I want to travel in October and looking at current processing times reported by VJ users I think it is unlikely that I will have my GC by then...

Edited by kvito28

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Isn't that crazy!? 

I agree, everytime i see someone post some good news I get my hopes up but nothing changes. I don't understsnd why this process have to be so loooooong and drawn out. I know they have thousands of application to process but I really think they can be done quicker

2 hours ago, kvito28 said:

I honestly think that those update are just a bunch of BS. I have seen people get approved in 1 month and some in 1 year. It seems to be a hit or miss. 

I am just wondering if I should apply for I-131 or not. I should have done it with EAD. I want to travel in October and looking at current processing times reported by VJ users I think it is unlikely that I will have my GC by then...

If I was you I would submit the AP application. You never know how long it will take to get the actual GC.
Can't hurt having it. Even if you might end up not needing it.

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.