pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Laura123 said:

Mine is day 70 as well today and im getting anxious. 

I thought you would be approved as of now. omg it takes forever :( 

Lol.. These guys are eventually gonna drive us crazy at the pace at which things are going... Let's just keep the faith alive peeps.. We'll get there someday...

11 hours ago, Wayoo said:

What was the update you got after they got your fax? And how long did it take for them to acknowledge your fax? 

Reason being that, I faxed my evidence to them last week Friday after receiving their email message advising me to do so... The last update goes like expedite request is completed...

The update I got after the fax was the same as the one when I put in the request goes like the expedite request is completed. So I got two "expedite request is completed" updates.  Only took them two to three days to update after I faxed them the document. I actually called in right after the second update and they told me my case is under review. No news after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Day 60. No update for EAD/ AP. I guess its too early but I can’t help checking case status every here and there :D 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/12/2018 at 10:48 AM, Kaitmarie said:

My husband needs a booster vaccine before our green card interview next Monday. Does anyone know if he can bring in proof he got the vaccine or does he need a whole new medical packet? Thanks!

I would think that proof from wherever you get the vaccine would be sufficient enough.  My wife had to get all of her vaccines before sending in the AOS packet and we had been doing them at the local General Health District.  We took in vaccination records that had been signed and stamped by a nurse from the health district for the civil surgeon.  They were accepted without a problem.  I would think that if you had proof similar to that then it would be sufficient.  A whole new medical packet would be unnecessary I would think just for a vaccine, and especially if you have already submitted an I-693.

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 64 since PD and day 19 since response to RFIE received by USCIS, no movement.

I am thinking about scheduling an Infopass around Day 90, we will see how it goes by then

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice on Adjustment of Status. I have been reading this forum and wanted to see how is it that you all started your case.

Yesterday I spoke with two lawyers and a gentleman from USCIS and all told m my husband and I are eligible to do an AOS. My husband has a tourist visa and we got married December 29th 2018. I thought that AOS would not be an option for us because he had arrived the 27th and we got married the 29th and he left back to Dominican Republic the 6th. I went ahead and started an I-130 petition and did not choose the Adjustment of status but the consulate in Dominican Republic. All three people told me that since he has had his tourist visa since may of 2017 to just come back into the states and to file a I-487 with a letter to revise my I-130 they event said he could have legally stayed in December when we got married and could have filed right then for an AOS but every time i read up on AOS i get back a lot of negative feedback as to I should not do this and that it could be considered fraud. I am truly lost at all of this because all three were all so positive that this is an easy process and that we are definitely eligible to do this without any issues. Can any of you shed some light on this with your current cases?  

My husband also spoke to an attorney in Dominican Republic and was given the same feedback. I just dont want to move forward with something that could bring us risk.

4 hours ago, Dalis said:

Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice on Adjustment of Status. I have been reading this forum and wanted to see how is it that you all started your case.

Yesterday I spoke with two lawyers and a gentleman from USCIS and all told m my husband and I are eligible to do an AOS. My husband has a tourist visa and we got married December 29th 2018. I thought that AOS would not be an option for us because he had arrived the 27th and we got married the 29th and he left back to Dominican Republic the 6th. I went ahead and started an I-130 petition and did not choose the Adjustment of status but the consulate in Dominican Republic. All three people told me that since he has had his tourist visa since may of 2017 to just come back into the states and to file a I-487 with a letter to revise my I-130 they event said he could have legally stayed in December when we got married and could have filed right then for an AOS but every time i read up on AOS i get back a lot of negative feedback as to I should not do this and that it could be considered fraud. I am truly lost at all of this because all three were all so positive that this is an easy process and that we are definitely eligible to do this without any issues. Can any of you shed some light on this with your current cases?  

My husband also spoke to an attorney in Dominican Republic and was given the same feedback. I just dont want to move forward with something that could bring us risk.

You are in the wrong subforum! This one here is for AOS from a K1 visa.

Please go there and ask your question:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

You are in the wrong subforum! This one here is for AOS from a K1 visa.

Please go there and ask your question:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

Though I don't know the Initial intent of the pioneer of this sub-forum (if it's strictly for K1 AOS filers), however, I can boldly say it has grown beyond just K1 AOS filers as AOS filers other than K1 Like me and others have tremendously contributed and gained from this forum... 

So am sure @Dalis can get some useful info as regards her question on this forum..

Edited by Wayoo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Though I don't the Initial intent of the pioneer of this sub-forum (if it's strictly for K1 AOS filers), however, I can boldly say it has grown beyond just K1 AOS filers as AOS filers other than K1 Like me and others have tremendously contributed and gained from this forum... 

So am sure @Dalis can get some useful info as regards her question on this forum..

Totally agree! I’m a B2 January filer myself!! 

Yeah but that's a specific question for exactly the other forum where way more members are who are filing from tourist.
Why not show this member the way to more competence?
And I guess there is a reason for 2 separate forums, since the filing itself is different. 

Plus: This thread is actually for already filed and monitoring progress. The member up there hasn't even filed yet and needs help.

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Yeah but that's a specific question for exactly the other forum where way more members are who are filing from tourist.
And I guess there is a reason for 2 separate forums, since the filing itself is different. 

Plus: This thread is actually for already filed and monitoring progress. The member up there hasn't even filed yet and needs help.

I agree as well, although the actual filing is the exact same process, same aplicaciones, same fees.... I’m sure if there is anyone in this forum who knows anything that may help her, why not ask? I have actually gotten a lot more answers from here ( again being a b2 filer with the same process and times) than from other forums. 

5 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Yeah I have noticed that the majority of people in here are on other visas other than K-1 like a few of us it seems. I tend to skip over those questions because I have no answer for it. So I have stayed silent here more often than not and might just quietly fade away into the background. My friend who used VJ said she hardly used the AOS forums because she found it so irrelevant to her k-3 at the time. lol And that was over 10 years ago.

Just now, NataliaDenz said:

I agree as well, although the actual filing is the exact same process, same aplicaciones, same fees.... I’m sure if there is anyone in this forum who knows anything that may help her, why not ask? I have actually gotten a lot more answers from here ( again being a b2 filer with the same process and times) than from other forums. 

Of course she can ask for help here as well, no doubt.

But since her stuff is specific I thought she could use the specific forum.

I didn't tell her to leave here lol 

1 minute ago, pajobra said:

Yeah I have noticed that the majority of people in here are on other visas other than K-1 like a few of us it seems. I tend to skip over those questions because I have no answer for it. So I have stayed silent here more often than not and might just quietly fade away into the background. My friend who used VJ said she hardly used the AOS forums because she found it so irrelevant to her k-3 at the time. lol And that was over 10 years ago.

I'm more on the silent side here as well.

Just tried to be helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.