pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

Hi all. :) I see we are all still waiting. I haven't been on the computer much this week. Wish I could say it was because I was busy but no its because I have been in excruciating pain from a tooth. I finally went to the dentist yesterday and have an appointment this morning at 9am to have my lower back molar on the left removed. It apparently has a crack through it like the grand canyon. The dentist was like wow no wonder you are in pain. Gave me some wicked pain killers though. Woooo. Hopefully I will be around more in a couple days. :) 

Oh wow! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Toothaches are no fun

Filed: Country:
Timeline
12 minutes ago, BoredToDeath said:

Hi guys, how do yall deal with this waiting? All I think about is going back home. I see my friends and family having fun, skiing, traveling, working...while I sit at home and waiting for my wife. I hate the fact this country stole time from my life and my dignity. Ive been reduced from a self sufficient working person to a charity case sitting home because there is so little to do around :-( Help me please, how do you fill your days so that I can find other things to think about instead of quickly packing all our stuff and never coming back here. I dont even care about the GC anymore, I just want the AP so my wife and I can wait elsewhere.

Hey BoredToDeath

Hang in there its tough especially the waiting game. This entire process is very frustrating but just keep focused. You can try volunteering that would get u out the house! I volunteer at the boys and girls club twice per week for a couple hrs, and I make the library my second home (I'm an avid reader) I try to fill the gaps with tv series but I must admit its not easy. I've gained almost 20lbs since I stopped working 😢 so now I'm getting bk into the habit of working out and trying to focus on that else I'm going to lose my mind. 

1 hour ago, BoredToDeath said:

Hi guys, how do yall deal with this waiting? All I think about is going back home. I see my friends and family having fun, skiing, traveling, working...while I sit at home and waiting for my wife. I hate the fact this country stole time from my life and my dignity. Ive been reduced from a self sufficient working person to a charity case sitting home because there is so little to do around :-( Help me please, how do you fill your days so that I can find other things to think about instead of quickly packing all our stuff and never coming back here. I dont even care about the GC anymore, I just want the AP so my wife and I can wait elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, Stt said:

Hey BoredToDeath

Hang in there its tough especially the waiting game. This entire process is very frustrating but just keep focused. You can try volunteering that would get u out the house! I volunteer at the boys and girls club twice per week for a couple hrs, and I make the library my second home (I'm an avid reader) I try to fill the gaps with tv series but I must admit its not easy. I've gained almost 20lbs since I stopped working 😢 so now I'm getting bk into the habit of working out and trying to focus on that else I'm going to lose my mind. 

I agree with volunteering! It can be for causes, events or even festivals. 

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, BoredToDeath said:

What country are you coming from? I would say do whatever that makes you happy. It's all about being with the one you love, and it doesn't have to be here in the US. This process may take a life out of you and making you questioning your self-worth. If you can make a decent living and having your other half joining you else  where that make you both happy. Just do it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Stt said:

Hey BoredToDeath

I have gained 30lbs since I got here and it's starting to get depressing. @.@ Hopefully we get approved right after our interview on Apr 3 so I can regain my freedom. I love computer gaming and I am pretty introverted (no problem socializing, I just prefer being alone) so I haven't had major issues about being stuck at home or feeling homesick... but after seeing that I went from 120 to 150lbs in 7months, I was alarmed. Yeah I can work out at home but it bores me to tears. I need my freedom back! 

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Not trying to freak anybody out, I just wanted to share what I found online about RFIE and RFe so that we are all well aware on what to expect on processing times.

If you received a request for additional evidence RFE, they just do a pause on your file and start back on it when they receive your response and resume adjudicating it.

On the other side when you receive a RFiE a request for initial evidence, which is my case for a birth certificate and translation for example, the clock starts back at 0 on the date they receive your response and it does affect the processing of your EAD/AP as well. :( I am very sad because this means I should not expect my EAD until late May or so unless I get a job letter and try to expedite. I did a couple job interviews this week, we will see how it goes and if they are willing to wait for me.

But you could be lucky and it does not affect you, I have read some cases were they received RFIEs and got approved within 90 days. Also we all know USCIS, they make rules and dont always follow it and other facts come into consideration like background checks etc...

Found the info here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Anywho, just wanted to put it out there.

Have a good weekend.

Edited by Nouchigang

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

7 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Not trying to freak anybody out, I just wanted to share what I found online about RFIE and RFe so that we are all well aware on what to expect on processing times.

If you received a request for additional evidence RFE, they just do a pause on your file and start back on it when they receive your response and resume adjudicating it.

On the other side when you receive a RFiE a request for initial evidence, which is my case for a birth certificate and translation for example, the clock starts back at 0 on the date they receive your response and it does affect the processing of your EAD/AP as well. :( I am very sad because this means I should not expect my EAD until late May or so unless I get a job letter and try to expedite. I did a couple job interviews this week, we will see how it goes and if they are willing to wait for me.

But you could be lucky and it does not affect you, I have read some cases were they received RFIEs and got approved within 90 days. Also we all know USCIS, they make rules and dont always follow it and other facts come into consideration like background checks etc...

Found the info here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Anywho, just wanted to put it out there.

Have a good weekend.

I read this online, so I called USCIS to ask about it. The person that I spoke with said that they do not restart the clock at 0. A RFIE will slow down your processing because they have to wait for your response, but there is no official restarting of the process. I also had a RFIE, and my work authorization expires in June, so I am starting to get really nervous. I love my job and don't want to jeopardize it.

Did you get your biometrics appointment yet? Luckily I had mine before my RFIE (more than a month ago).

If I do not have my EAD by the middle of April, I will get my employer to help me put together an expedite request. I've been with the company for a few years, so they would lose money. The person I spoke with on the phone told me that the best way to have a successful expedite request is to show that someone will be losing money that they need. They said that the request would be more successful if I showed that my employer would lose money. I guess they are more sympathetic to businesses than individuals because we are supposed to have planned for lost income as part of the AOS/GC process...

Edited by Lindsayacbeck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jjjb said:

I'd like to know that as well. Do you have an OPT? My expires first week of July. 

I hope I get the EAD AOS by then.

If I don't hear anything by May I'll try to expedite it. 

My OPT expired l, but I expedited EAD and fortunately got it on time.

I am really curious about if there is any difference between K-1 and F-1 AOS timelines.

36 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

I am really curious about if there is any difference between K-1 and F-1 AOS timelines.

What did you need to expedite? I'm thinking letter from employer + bills? How long did it take from the request to expedite and the extension approved?

Thank you for answering. (:

On 3/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, Rmsean said:

today is my 76th day. you don't need to wait so long. people have done it much earlier. 30 days in some cases. it depends on the reason.

My SR is based purely on the fact it has been 75 days and I haven't heard anything on that front..

2 hours ago, kvito28 said:

How did you successfully expedite for the EAD? Is it because you are currently working? I am curious because I am on a TN visa that will expire at the beginning of June and I have a job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

How did you successfully expedite for the EAD? Is it because you are currently working? I am curious because I am on a TN visa that will expire at the beginning of June and I have a job.

@JjjbI was still working while I tried to expedite. In my case it was under severe financial loss for both company and me. I work for small business.

I submitted a letter from my employer proving what I said above. Also annoyed congressman, ombudsman and senator :) jk, but I did reach out to all of them. Hope you all get it on time as well! good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.