pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lezahennaid said:

OH MY GOODNESS!

Turns out, the first "tier 2" rep I spoke with was right. They DID send me a letter, and it IS my interview schedule. April 3! Holy #######, that's soon. I am in shock. @_@

I'd like to mention that after talking to this person, I called again twice and spoke to 2 different tier 2 reps as well. Both of them told me that they did not send me a letter and that my case status is still pending. Both of them also said that it is impossible for me to get an interview schedule so soon. Now that I think about it, the 2 other people I spoke introduced themselves as immigration officers, and I remember the first one was supposed to be a tech support person. I guess tech support reps can see letters generated and what kind of letters they are? I'm still unsure, but what matters now is that that first person was right.

It looks like something good came out of my case tracking issue. I am still unable to check the status of my AOS-- it is still giving me a "user-defined error" message, but I have my interview schedule letter at hand and I am happy and nervous! Seriously, how is this possible? I hope everyone gets theirs soon, too!

PS. I can track my AP and EAD just fine. Nothing new. Last updated on Jan 18. 

Congrats! You are so lucky to have a quick office. :) 

14 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Thank you :)

Wow 1 year wait thats long, but who knows you may have a pleasant surprise, never know.

Awww I really hope you can make it home to see your granddaddy before the unevitable happens. call him, videochat with him if possible, Im sure it will help in the mean time. Hang in there, I feel you, I miss my parents very much as well.

How was the derby? I hope you and your husband had fun

@SttAnd @sashu any luck with your phonecalls about biometrics? I hope you can fix it soon.

I am expecting a letter from NBC today, 5pm where are you? Lol, thats when the mailman gets to our place, cant wait to find out what it is.

In the mean time, let me go get ready to take some pictures and send my AP today.

Have a great week everybody, praying for some good news and movement for all of us

Unfortunately he is legally blind and deaf although wears hearing aids. So I send letters in email to my sister and she reads them to him. My sister says he smiles and then says Why did she move to Colorado and why to the USA. He should come to Canada. lol We did dabble on him coming up to Canada but it made more sense at this moment for me to come here. I am going to send in my AP papers with my NOA1 from the AOS so that I don't have to pay for it. I should have applied for it right away but I took the chance not to. lol Mistake perhaps.

OMG Derby was awesome!!!! We had a great time. I spent most of it explaining how roller derby works to my husband and to the couple behind us. LOL We have a derby league here in The Springs and so after my Mum brings up my roller derby gear up this summer I plan to join as either a skating official or a non skating official. I think it will be nice to be a part of something again. :)

5 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Woot woot congrats, 2nd lucky winner of the thread of I remember well, you are giving us hope :)

Interview scheduled 3 months after your PD, awesomeness. Please go play the lottery tomorrow LOL

Hey what was your letter from NBC?

5 hours ago, Wayoo said:

Congrats dear...

I heard applicants married an officer in any of the Armed Forces gets automatic expedition on their cases... Could this be your case? And if not, could you please tell if you did anything extra...

Thanks...

You heard a fairytale! :)

Military spouses don't get anything expedited because of marrying a service member.
We are having the same waiting game like everybody else.

The only MAYBE possible case, where you could expedite a K1 or so is when the active duty member has to deploy.

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

Anybody has any news in regards to EAD or interview? 

Anybody received their EAD yet? 

1 month and 3 days after bio metrics havent heard anything..

Thanks! 

A lot of 2017 filers still don't have an interview schedule, so don't worry about it. People normally get their interview schedule around 5+ months from the filing date, so me getting that interview letter is a rare case. Pure luck, I would say.

As for EAD, we're all still waiting. 1 month from your bio is still early tbh, but there's a good chance that some of us will get an approval this month. Hang in there, miss!

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

48 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

A lot of 2017 filers still don't have an interview schedule, so don't worry about it. People normally get their interview schedule around 5+ months from the filing date, so me getting that interview letter is a rare case. Pure luck, I would say.

As for EAD, we're all still waiting. 1 month from your bio is still early tbh, but there's a good chance that some of us will get an approval this month. Hang in there, miss!

Thanks! Yeah that is awesome you got your interview scheduled already good luck :)

2 hours ago, Laura123 said:

Anybody has any news in regards to EAD or interview? 

Anybody received their EAD yet? 

1 month and 3 days after bio metrics havent heard anything..

Thanks! 

Really regarding interview it depends on your field office. Mine is Denver and according to USCIS they were as of December 31, 2017 working on December 21, 2016 and so on. I also saw that some January 2017 Denver filers just had interviews in the last few weeks. So for me the expectation of an interview is January of 2018 or after most likely. If I get one before I will dance. lol

As for EAD as of December 31, 2017 they were working on October 2017 filers and we know that Novembers and early Decembers are getting theirs so maybe in a month or longer for us. Again things can happen quicker or later. Really no rhyme or reason to the way they do things at USCIS. lol

Timeline
26 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Really regarding interview it depends on your field office. Mine is Denver and according to USCIS they were as of December 31, 2017 working on December 21, 2016 and so on. I also saw that some January 2017 Denver filers just had interviews in the last few weeks. So for me the expectation of an interview is January of 2018 or after most likely. If I get one before I will dance. lol

As for EAD as of December 31, 2017 they were working on October 2017 filers and we know that Novembers and early Decembers are getting theirs so maybe in a month or longer for us. Again things can happen quicker or later. Really no rhyme or reason to the way they do things at USCIS. lol

I think you meant January 2019. :P but yeah it does mainly depend on the field office. However, we can't deny the fact that luck also plays a role in this immigration circus. :D

6 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

I think you meant January 2019. :P but yeah it does mainly depend on the field office. However, we can't deny the fact that luck also plays a role in this immigration circus. :D

HAHAHA yes yes goes back and changes that.

1 hour ago, lezahennaid said:

Has ur status been updated online like does it say the interview is scheduled already ? Or what does the status say online ? Just wondering trying to correlate with mine haha 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

Has ur status been updated online like does it say the interview is scheduled already ? Or what does the status say online ? Just wondering trying to correlate with mine haha 

I have been unable to track my case since they updated it, that's why I called them and that's how I found out I was going to receive a letter. Well, sort of. I spoke to 3 tier 2 officers and the first one said I was going to receive a request for interview, while the other 2 said no you're not because that's impossible. 

Here's a little bit about what happened with my case:

On 2/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, lezahennaid said:
On 2/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, lezahennaid said:

For some reason, I am no longer able to track my AOS case. On the app, it says "case not found in USCIS" and on the USCIS site, it gives me a "user-defined" error message. When I check through my USCIS account, I can see the case was last updated on Feb 26, but when I click the case number, there's no status. 

Does anybody know what's going on? Anyone experiencing the same? It's just for the I-485. I can still track my EAD and AP applications. I'll try calling later to see what's up. So worried.

SoI called USCIS and was transferred to a tier 2 rep who told me to contact the webmaster online to fix the tracking error. He told me the current status of the I-485, and he said that they sent a request for interview letter yesterday. Is this supposed to be the interview schedule? If so, that's so much faster than I expected. I haven't even heard anything about my EAD and AP yet. They don't send letters saying ready for interview, right? It's just a status if I'm not mistaken, and then they'll send a letter with the interview sched?

If you go back to pages 54-55, you'll see the rest of my posts about it. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, pajobra said:

Hey what was your letter from NBC?

Oh yeah with the excitement for lezahennaid I forgot to mention, it was just the courtesy letter for the medical exam.

So I started making calls to find out which clinic will give the cheapest price to get it done. I'm hoping it's a good sign that my file would go to my field office soon.

I'm really glad you had fun at the derby and praying for Granddaddy!!

Yeah I regret it too, not sending my AP in the 1st place, but of well it is too late now, I have a good's friend wedding Mid-June out of the country I hope it will be ready by them. I sent it via Fedex today, they will get it Thusday; we will see.

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, lezahennaid said:

@keixjil I believe was the first one to get the "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" status, but I'm not sure if s/he has received their schedule.

I, on the other hand, never got this status as I have been unable to track my case ever since they updated it on 2/27 and sent me the interview schedule letter. It has and I think it will keep giving me the "user-defined error" message because after talking to three tier 2 officers, all I got was "this is a known issue and we are working on a new site to fix this". But yeah, I am assuming my status right now says ready for interview or something. 

Congratulationsss !! I'm still waiting for the local office to schedule my interview (since it has backlogged, I expect mine to be schedule in another 9 months :D ) Haven't get anymore update on EAD and AP. 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.