pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, sashulyasw said:

Hey! I got the same letter today though I made my biometrics on 2/28. I think it’s because when I filed all three forms, I-765 was rejected and I had to send it again. 

But I called to Uscis today about that and she said only one biometric appointments should be performed and they will redirect me to tyer 2. As it was late already and all tyers 2 are busy they are going to give me a call tomm regarding this.

Looks Like I'm going to give them a call tomorrow! I did my bio on Feb 14th and I was the same my ead was rejected for outdated form so i had to resend another application. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

I was actually reading the october 2017 thread and one filer that sent both her application for EAD and AOS at the same time had to go twice to get her fingerprints done because for some reason they didnt put both on the same appointment, so it kinda makes sense that they make you go back and get your biometrics done again.

I hope the center is not too far from your house.

No It's not too far from my house thank God but its just frustrating especially becuz I'm dying to go bk to work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Stt said:

Looks Like I'm going to give them a call tomorrow! I did my bio on Feb 14th and I was the same my ead was rejected for outdated form so i had to resend another application. 

Yeah I will also keep you updated about what they are going to tell me tomorrow. 

Timeline
Just now, sashulyasw said:

Forgot it’s saturday tomorrow. That unemployed life 😂

i think Monday then

😂😂😂😂😂 that's why it's soo frustrating for me I'm tired of sitting at home I wanna go work now if not for anything else but my sanity...anyho I can't even call my lawyer either till Monday so I no other choice but to wait patiently and try to enjoy unemoyment 😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stt said:

Mine is biometeics appt for EAD! How many times do they want me to scan my fingers? 😒😣😣😣 I already did biometrics. So frustrating

OMG, how could this happen? I am sure you only need to take your fingerprint one time.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, S & G said:

OMG, how could this happen? I am sure you only need to take your fingerprint one time.  

Sigh! I'll make some calls Monday and see what happens! If I have to do another bio I will but I hope I don't Have to. This is really a crazy journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stt said:

What I don't understand is why they can't use the same bionetrics for the EAD

ikr?

When I went to do my bio, it was for both (EAD and AOS). It was written on the appointment letter.Maybe they screwed up on yours and forgot to put for the AOS? That's just a guess

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Timeline
39 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

ikr?

When I went to do my bio, it was for both (EAD and AOS). It was written on the appointment letter.Maybe they screwed up on yours and forgot to put for the AOS? That's just a guess

I already did bio four AOS but as Sashu pointed out it may have been becuz I had to resend the ead app.

3 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello Guys,

I didn't apply for Advanced Parole at first when I sent my package, but after reading other timelines, looking at processing times, and seeing the stall for us, I have decided to send my application for AP on Monday just to be safe in case I want to travel out of the country in the mean time.

Here is what I intend to send, if anybody did the process successfully please correct me if I'm wrong:

• I-131 form
  • Copy of I-797 for AOS
  • I-94 of most recent entry in the US
  • copy of my passport
  • 2 identical pictures
  • A letter I typed out explaining the reasons for my trip

Should I add anything else?

Thank you for your input

That sounds right for the Advanced Parole. I am also thinking I need to send this in now because I am probably looking at January next year for an interview for the GC. Ugh. My 96 year old grandfather took a turn for the worse and he may live another 2 years or he may die tomorrow. Him and I were extremely close and my sister says that the only way he knows who she is is if she name drops me and then he is like oh yes Rebecca's sister. How is Rebecca? Is she liking Colorado? My sister said despite that he is forgetting much he always remembers me and where I am. For that I am happy but I miss him terribly and my whole family. Family has always been important to me and this is the hardest part for me being away from them. My Mum already said that her and my sister decided that every Christmas they are getting me a plane ticket home for whenever I need to come. :) They miss me too. lol

12 minutes ago, Stt said:

I already did bio four AOS but as Sashu pointed out it may have been becuz I had to resend the ead app.

Hopefully they will give you leeway and just use those fingerprints too. Seems silly but yeah you did have to resend it. lol Who knows the way the government works.

I really want to start working. This not working is killing me. I have worked non stop since I was 15 pretty much. I also never remember what day it is even though my husband works. LOL 

Come on EAD come on!! Ah well wait wait wait. I am getting very good at waiting. :)

Oh well tomorrow my husband and I are heading to Denver after lunch to visit with our friend there and then head to the Roller derby home openers for the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls. I cant wait. :D I wanted to tryout for them this year but I couldn't fit my derby gear in my baggage for the way down. My Mum is gonna bring it with her this August so maybe I will try out next year. I MISS ROLLER DERBY although I haven't done it in 4 years. LOL

I got the biometrics letter and the appointment is next week. I would love to go this week. Has anyone ever walked in in New York? Wouldn’t want to go for nothing.

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.