pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wayoo said:

Dear peeps... Is anyone's local office Norfolk VA... Would really appreciate some experiences and thoughts from peeps filing from my area... Am an early January 2018 filer... I feel alone as filers from my end are quite few...

My local office is Norfolk, too. Filed middle of December, Bio in January, since then: Nothing.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

My local office is Norfolk, too. Filed middle of December, Bio in January, since then: Nothing.

@TearsOfBabylon  Any idea what the average processing time for Norfolk office is? From PD to the actual interview?  

Edited by Wayoo
Typographical

Just now, Wayoo said:

Any idea what the average processing time for Norfolk office is? From PD to the actual interview?  

According to USCIS they were at March 2017 by December. So they should be working on May 2017 by February.
But it only lists AOS processing times,  not EAD or AP. There you can only wait.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

According to USCIS they were at March 2017 by December. So they should be working on May 2017 by February.
But it only lists AOS processing times,  not EAD or AP. There you can only wait.

@TearsOfBabylon.. From what I've heard and seen on other forums/sources the data on the Uscis website as regards processing times isn't accurate as filers from November 2017 are already receiving interview dates..  

14 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

@TearsOfBabylon.. From what I've heard and seen on other forums/sources the data on the Uscis website as regards processing times isn't accurate as filers from November 2017 are already receiving interview dates..  

Yep, the same "accurate" as it was regarding K1 processing.
That's why I don't look and don't calculate and don't compare to others. It will happen sooner or later, and every case is different.

7 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Hi... Do you have any updates yet on what the letter was? 

Day 55 for me still waiting and waiting... 

Hey, I saw the letter in my informed delivery for today, I'll keep you posted when I receive it. 

8 hours ago, Laura123 said:

Hi... Do you have any updates yet on what the letter was? 

Day 55 for me still waiting and waiting... 

So I got the expected letter that requires me to fax them supporting document to expedite my EAD, however, they spelled my first name wrong in the letter. I'll call them tomorrow and ask them what I should do, oh well...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, bestofluck said:

So I got the expected letter that requires me to fax them supporting document to expedite my EAD, however, they spelled my first name wrong in the letter. I'll call them tomorrow and ask them what I should do, oh well...

What proof are you sending to them? And what visa are you adjusting? Thanks

7 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

What proof are you sending to them? And what visa are you adjusting? Thanks

I'm requesting to expedite EAD based on a job offer, so I need to fax them my job offer and other related documents. I'm adjusting from F1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I'm requesting to expedite EAD based on a job offer, so I need to fax them my job offer and other related documents. I'm adjusting from F1.

So you’re not replying them by mail. You have to fax the docs. Goodluck !

11 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Thanks for getting back. Oh Nice good luck!! I thought when you do expedite you fax the documents to them. Thats actually easier instead of them sending letter to you which takes 7 days is it really expedite then lol. i think they should request ppl to fax docs 

What day are in for your EAD? Im at 56 so you should be close to 60 or so ur almost reaching 75 soon.. I hope you get it soon 

Hey guys. We are applying for AOS for my husband who is currently here on H1B. We submitted all paperwork and it was received January 26. He had his biometrics appointment yesterday, and we also received an RFE in the mail yesterday regarding the I-864. There was one section I missed typing out my name, so we updated that, but the RFE mentions that the joint sponsor also needs to resubmit the I-864. We do not have a joint sponsor, as I make well over the limit and have for the last 5+ years. I have submitted all of my previous tax returns, a letter from my employer stating my salary, and 6 months of pay stubs. Has anyone else seen this? I am thinking of writing on the cover letter in response to the RFE that we are not applying with a joint sponsor and just hope for the best! Any advice?

Hey Kristina,

We got the exact same request for the i-864, and we did the EXACT same thing you did: my husband missed his name in one spot. We were so embarrassed.

We also got the same weird notice that you did that mentions a  joint sponsor, even though we are not using one. We make well above the limit, so we concluded that they are just using stock items to make the information request. Does that make sense? We sent our form off last week, and also resubmitted all the supporting documents with it. We got a text message this morning saying that they received it. It took exactly a week.

We filed taxes together last year and sent our combined tax returns as supporting evidence. I am adjusting from a TN. Did you guys so something similar? Maybe it is related to including spousal income in the totals.

Thanks for responding Lindsay! I was so embarrassed as well, being that we went through those forms I swear 100 times before we sent them in! But I am glad to hear you also got the same, strange notice! We did not file together last year as we didn't get married until October 2017, and I didn't give any information about his salary, so who knows!!! Hopefully this doesn't slow down the process too much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.