pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I did the same thing. I was able to bring it in. Just not use it. Turned it off and didn’t use it till I left. No problem 

1 minute ago, NataliaDenz said:

I did the same thing. I was able to bring it in. Just not use it. Turned it off and didn’t use it till I left. No problem 

Thank you, I'll do that as I don't have another option 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

14 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Thank you, I'll do that as I don't have another option 

Hopefully you will have no problem. When I went into mine the guard asked if I had a phone on me. I said nah left that in the car and she said good we do not allow them. But maybe you could leave it with the guard if they create a stink.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Quick question for anyone who has already done their biometrics, were you able to take your phone in with you? It says on the letter they aren't permitted but I need to bring mine as I have to uber there and back 

I took mine just turned it off!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Hopefully you will have no problem. When I went into mine the guard asked if I had a phone on me. I said nah left that in the car and she said good we do not allow them. But maybe you could leave it with the guard if they create a stink.

I think everywhere is different. 

I left mine in the car, but when I was going through security the guard asked if I wanted to bring it with me. I should've brought it with me since I needed it to show my marriage certificate.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

Hope everyone is doing well. :) My husband is back on track health wise and it has been a good week but with that we take it one day at a time. :) I am on a new fitness walking program as I am trying to lose weight. I am severely overweight and I know I need to change that. :) Again one day at a time. I kinda forget about the AOS waiting game we are on with everything else we are doing so that is nice. LOL I think when EAD comes through I will be surprised because I will nearly have forgotten about it. Today is grocery shopping day. Looking forward to filling up the card with great food that is good for us both especially with his very strict diet. I eat what he eats as I am the one cooking so it works out great. I really need to buy a new scale. I left mine in Canada and my Mum says she will bring it down but that won't be til summer so I kinda want it now. lol Although I am scared to see what my current weight is. :( I know I have gained since the move due to stress and stuff. Oh well upward and onward we all go! 

I'm so glad you're husband is feeling better!

What I like doing is looking for coupons and deals. I love saving money haha

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

1 hour ago, Missabc said:

Quick question for anyone who has already done their biometrics, were you able to take your phone in with you? It says on the letter they aren't permitted but I need to bring mine as I have to uber there and back 

I  brought my phone in and no one said anything. I had to uber there and bus back just like you, so I absolutely needed the phone. I just put it in my bag and turned it off. No one asked.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Missabc said:

Had no issue taking the phone with me. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

8 hours ago, pajobra said:

7 hours ago, Stt said:

I took mine just turned it off!!

7 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I think everywhere is different. 

I left mine in the car, but when I was going through security the guard asked if I wanted to bring it with me. I should've brought it with me since I needed it to show my marriage certificate.

6 hours ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

I  brought my phone in and no one said anything. I had to uber there and bus back just like you, so I absolutely needed the phone. I just put it in my bag and turned it off. No one asked.

5 hours ago, T_P said:

Had no issue taking the phone with me. 

Thankyou everybody, if there is an issue I'll ask if they can put it somewhere safe 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

1 hour ago, Missabc said:

Thankyou everybody, if there is an issue I'll ask if they can put it somewhere safe 

The people (Vinnell Corp) that do biometrics don't make a big fuss about electronics, the center I went to had a giant screen in the waiting room and few people in the waiting room had their phones. However, electronics aren't allowed during the interview.

17 hours ago, Missabc said:

Judging by the responses of others, it is going to vary office by office.  Where we went, there was a guard at the door directing everyone to put their phones back in the car with no exceptions. 

We read the Notice and meant to keep our phones in the car, but we forgot.  When we entered, we encountered this guard, and we started to turn around and go back out to the parking lot.  He asked for our Notice, and he made a point of circling the no cell phone warning and asked if we read the Notice.  In my opinion, forgetting the no cell phone notice did not warrant his condescending words and actions. 

Finally done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Talako said:

Judging by the responses of others, it is going to vary office by office.  Where we went, there was a guard at the door directing everyone to put their phones back in the car with no exceptions. 

We read the Notice and meant to keep our phones in the car, but we forgot.  When we entered, we encountered this guard, and we started to turn around and go back out to the parking lot.  He asked for our Notice, and he made a point of circling the no cell phone warning and asked if we read the Notice.  In my opinion, forgetting the no cell phone notice did not warrant his condescending words and actions. 

At the Norfolk office people brought in their phones and were using it. Playing games, making calls, sending texts. I felt Funny not bringing my phone so I just sat there doing nothing and waiting. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rmsean said:

At the Norfolk office people brought in their phones and were using it. Playing games, making calls, sending texts. I felt Funny not bringing my phone so I just sat there doing nothing and waiting. 

@Rmsean Are you adjusting from B1/B2 visa or K1? Also you are a week ahead of my timeline and same local office... Would really appreciate if we can share developments together...

Edited by Wayoo
Typographical

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Dear peeps... Is anyone's local office Norfolk VA... Would really appreciate some experiences and thoughts from peeps filing from my area... Am an early January 2018 filer... I feel alone as filers from my end are quite few...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.