pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, NataliaDenz said:

I got it shortly after I received all my other notices of acceptance. I honestly don’t think that has nothing to do with the interview appointment coming up next, because as far as I know, no January filers have gotten their EAD or anything else after biometrics. 

I have a fiend who is an AUGUST 2017 filer, she recently received her social and EAD and I also read interviews are not likely to happen before the 8-9 month mark. My office for example ( San Diego) is dealing with MAY 2017, so do the math :( 

I see... San Diego is one month faster than LA! I think the USCIS processing timeline is showing some of the slowest cases, for example, I see San Jose October 2017 filers are getting interviews but if you look up San Jose processing time it shows it's dealing with Nov 2016 which is much slower than what they are actually dealing.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I see... San Diego is one month faster than LA! I think the USCIS processing timeline is showing some of the slowest cases, for example, I see San Jose October 2017 filers are getting interviews but if you look up San Jose processing time it shows it's dealing with Nov 2016 which is much slower than what they are actually dealing.  

Really? There doesn’t seem to be a logic order in any of theses cases to be honest..... it’s really frustrating when everyone has a different story and a different timeline. Always hoping for the best but then I hear this absurd time wait for other people ughh :( 

4 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I am in the same boat as you!  I got that letter last week and now just waiting. Where did you see that people got their interviews shortly after they got the letter? Can you share 

I have done some searches in VJ as well. for example people that filed in November are getting interviews scheduled for March. So if you do the math for jan it should be around end of April or May. 

Sometimes people get their interview before they even get EAD. I think end of this month we should hear back from uscis nothing is certain, but by per my searches i VJ it seems reasonable. 

5 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

I am in the same boat as you!  I got that letter last week and now just waiting. Where did you see that people got their interviews shortly after they got the letter? Can you share 

I have done some searches in VJ as well. for example people that filed in November are getting interviews scheduled for March. So if you do the math for jan it should be around end of April or May. 

Sometimes people get their interview before they even get EAD. I think end of this month we should hear back from uscis nothing is certain, but by per my searches i VJ it seems reasonable. 

I noticed we have almost identical timelines! What I did was to look up keywords "Courtesy Letter" and check the timelines of whoever got it. It seems most of them got their interview schedule or EAD/AP approval within one or two months from receiving the Courtesy Letter. But I haven't seen anyone point out if there is a certain connection between them. But hopefully, we will hear something from USCIS by the end of the month!  Btw, I also request an expedited for EAD with a job offer, so in my case tracker it shows that they have sent me a respond last Saturday, I think it will be a letter in the mail requesting further evidence to fax to them. I will keep you posted. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I heard San Diego is pretty slow don't know if there's any truth to that but im really hoping it's just case by case! I'm just dying for this to be over so frustrating. 

46 minutes ago, NataliaDenz said:

I got it shortly after I received all my other notices of acceptance. I honestly don’t think that has nothing to do with the interview appointment coming up next, because as far as I know, no January filers have gotten their EAD or anything else after biometrics. 

I have a fiend who is an AUGUST 2017 filer, she recently received her social and EAD and I also read interviews are not likely to happen before the 8-9 month mark. My office for example ( San Diego) is dealing with MAY 2017, so do the math :( 

I wish mine was on May of last year. LOL As of December 31, 2017 the Denver office was doing December 21, 2016. lol That is why I am here for the long haul. LOL You all will be long gone and I will be sitting here twiddling my thumbs. ;) 

3 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I noticed we have almost identical timelines! What I did was to look up keywords "Courtesy Letter" and check the timelines of whoever got it. It seems most of them got their interview schedule or EAD/AP approval within one or two months from receiving the Courtesy Letter. But I haven't seen anyone point out if there is a certain connection between them. But hopefully, we will hear something from USCIS by the end of the month!  Btw, I also request an expedited for EAD with a job offer, so in my case tracker it shows that they have sent me a respond last Saturday, I think it will be a letter in the mail requesting further evidence to fax to them. I will keep you posted. 

That is nice! Did they ask you to fax the job offer? 

6 hours ago, Laura123 said:

That is nice! Did they ask you to fax the job offer? 

I assume they mail me a letter with all further request, and we all know that normally takes a week to arrive. So I should get the letter this Saturday or early next week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Wondering if anyone else received the yellow page Courtesy Letter for form I-693? And does anyone knows where in the timeline this letter normally comes? I did some research on VJ yesterday it seems like most of the time you will get an interview notice shortly after the Courtesy Letter, not sure if this is 100% true though.

I recieved the letter and it was dated February 8th. Meanwhile the original date for my bio app was Feb 9th. Thank God i went for a walk-in on January 29th, my baby arrived 2 days after my bio appointment date. I would not have made the appointment..

1 minute ago, lafe4c said:

I recieved the letter and it was dated February 8th. Meanwhile the original date for my bio app was Feb 9th. Thank God i went for a walk-in on January 29th, my baby arrived 2 days after my bio appointment date. I would not have made the appointment..

Congrats on your baby!!! Very good timing here, happy for you!

14 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I assume they mail me a letter with all further request, and we all know that normally takes a week to arrive. So I should get the letter this Saturday or early next week.

So when you do an expedite do you actually fax the letter to them ? or do they sent you a mail at home for more evidence to sent through mail?

2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

So when you do an expedite do you actually fax the letter to them ? or do they sent you a mail at home for more evidence to sent through mail?

I first call USCIS and request an expedite, they then send out a letter explaining they need further evidence with a fax number, then you fax your supporting material to that number. 

I just called USCIS again this morning, they said they sent out a letter Feb 19th which was a holiday, surprise to know they work during the holiday, I should receive the letter soon. I will keep you posted. 

I first call USCIS and request an expedite, they then send out a letter explaining they need further evidence with a fax number, then you fax your supporting material to that number. 

I just called USCIS again this morning, they said they sent out a letter Feb 19th which was a holiday, surprise to know they work during the holiday, I should receive the letter soon. I will keep you posted. 

Awesome i hope you get it soon! The letter might actually be your EAD :) that would be amazing. yeah im just wondering since you already faxed your supporting material already what else could it be. 

Yes pls keep me posted. I just passed the second stage of the interview ( for a job) now they are calling me for in person interview and im quite sure i will get an offer ( 95%) , so i feel like an expedite is coming soon from me thats why i want to know what to do. As of today im day 52. 

Thanks a lot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.