pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Eros99 said:

Looks like a lot of December filers are getting their interview dates notifications already.

Because they live in places that have less going on at their local USCIS centres. I won't expect an interview until October at probably the earliest but if it comes earlier I won't be upset lol 

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been very stressed lately which is unfortunately putting me into a lot of pain. My husband is only at work like 2 days a week now due to IBS issues. I am trying to get him onto a new diet so that hopefully he can attend work again. Stress doesn't help him either so I haven't shown him how stressed I am to keep him less stressed. I worry about him losing his job. If he does and I can't work then it will be us living in our van at this rate with a cat. :( I know I know worse case scenario. I really hope I get EAD in March. I need to find work. This not working is killing me. I need to help out. My husband is stressed because he comes from a background of the husband takes care of his wife and he feels like he is failing that. 

Anyway great to see so many moving along. :) I do try to read here once a week at least. I am trying to keep myself busy and less stressed so hopefully I can do that. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, Laura123 said:

Has anobody from the January filers gotten any response back about interview or EAD

PD for me is January 2nd and i did my biometrics on the 2/2/18. Still then no answer from them. 

Has anybody gotten any update yet either bout interview, EAD or RFE?

I did biometrics on Feb 6, received letter of RFE on Feb 8 and sent out REF on Feb 9 immediately.

My status updated online "Respond to USCIS RFE was received" on Feb 15. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kitty Anh said:

I did biometrics on Feb 6, received letter of RFE on Feb 8 and sent out REF on Feb 9 immediately.

My status updated online "Respond to USCIS RFE was received" on Feb 15. 

What was the RFE about if you don’t mind me asking ? 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rmsean said:

What was the RFE about if you don’t mind me asking ? 

That was my marriage certificate. If you look back this thread page 35 you will see I already posted my RFE :)

I had to resubmit the CERTIFIED marriage certificate, the one I sent in beginning was regular copy only. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, pajobra said:

Because they live in places that have less going on at their local USCIS centres. I won't expect an interview until October at probably the earliest but if it comes earlier I won't be upset lol 

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been very stressed lately which is unfortunately putting me into a lot of pain. My husband is only at work like 2 days a week now due to IBS issues. I am trying to get him onto a new diet so that hopefully he can attend work again. Stress doesn't help him either so I haven't shown him how stressed I am to keep him less stressed. I worry about him losing his job. If he does and I can't work then it will be us living in our van at this rate with a cat. :( I know I know worse case scenario. I really hope I get EAD in March. I need to find work. This not working is killing me. I need to help out. My husband is stressed because he comes from a background of the husband takes care of his wife and he feels like he is failing that. 

Anyway great to see so many moving along. :) I do try to read here once a week at least. I am trying to keep myself busy and less stressed so hopefully I can do that. lol

Sorry to ready what you are going thru with your husband I m sure everything will work out and your EAD will come soon, keeping you in my prayers and sending out positive vibes. if I may suggest you can already start looking for a job. I read on another thread that you can expedite your EAD once your receive a job offer.

Take care

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Kitty Anh said:

That was my marriage certificate. If you look back this thread page 35 you will see I already posted my RFE :)

I had to resubmit the CERTIFIED marriage certificate, the one I sent in beginning was regular copy only. 

Hello Kitty Anh,

Do you remember roughly how long it took after you received notification of the RFE and actually getting the letter in the mail please? I got an email on Sat the 10th about an RFE for my AOS and according to Informed delivery I am not getting it today and I am getting quite impatient lol

A week was wasted like that :( I wish they created some type of e-delivery of documents or just tell us in the email what they need so that we can start getting ready for it...

Edited by Nouchigang

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello Kitty Anh,

Do you remember roughly how long it took after you received notification of the RFE and actually getting the letter in the mail please? I got an email on Sat the 10th about an RFE for my AOS and according to Informed delivery I am not getting it today and I am getting quite impatient lol

A week was wasted like that :( I wish they created some type of e-delivery of documents or just tell us in the mail what they need so that we can start getting ready for it...

Those RFEs are the worst thing ever, I try to recommend everyone out there who is applying for the AOS to check the package, validate with others in the forums, etc before send cause once you get the RFE everything else (EAD/AP) is placed into a waiting pile. 

Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

Sorry to ready what you are going thru with your husband I m sure everything will work out and your EAD will come soon, keeping you in my prayers and sending out positive vibes. if I may suggest you can already start looking for a job. I read on another thread that you can expedite your EAD once your receive a job offer.

Take care

So sorry you guys are going thru this! It'll get better I promise you. Just keep strong and stay bz. I know its hard to be patient believe me it's not one if my strong suits but we have to. As another poster said maybe you can try job hunting and then try to expedite ead based on job offer and see what happens. I'm keeping you guys In my prayers and hope some good news come you way soon!

Edited by Stt

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello Kitty Anh,

A week was wasted like that :( I wish they created some type of e-delivery of documents or just tell us in the email what they need so that we can start getting ready for it...

It will take you a week to receive the letter of RFE in mail after notification. Mine was on Feb 2 and then I got letter in mail on Feb 8. I think you will get it latest tomorrow or wait for more couple days, it just take about a week to 10 working days. Hope you will get it soon and good luck 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Eros99 said:

Looks like a lot of December filers are getting their interview dates notifications already.

That's amazing news! Any idea how far out their interviews are being scheduled?  That means that the EAD might not even be required!

16 hours ago, Laura123 said:

I just got the same exact paper today. Mine says they haven’t received the 693 since I didn’t submit it. But to take with me to the interview. 

I know hopefully this means no other RFE 🤞and good news they are working on the case . Hopefully the interview will be scheduled soon

I got mine last week - same deal about the medicals. I too was wondering what it was.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

2 hours ago, Chicken7585 said:

That's amazing news! Any idea how far out their interviews are being scheduled?  That means that the EAD might not even be required!

I got mine last week - same deal about the medicals. I too was wondering what it was.

Have u received any other news past th notice letter ? Do u think we should expect more initial RFE at this point ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, GioRod said:

Hello guys

So I received a notice of rejection for my wife's EAD the reason was because I filled out on an outdated form. What should I send back with it jus the new filled out one. Also my other application has been received and are being processed I485 and the AP so those are good until further notice.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Since it is a rejection and not an RFE, your wife will have to resend her entire EAD application (EAD form and supporting documents). She'll also need to include the NOA1 for her AOS application, and the paper she's supposed to put on top of the packet (as stated in the rejection letter).

Edited by lezahennaid

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

17 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

Since it is a rejection and not an RFE, your wife will have to resend her entire EAD application (EAD form and supporting documents). She'll also need to include the NOA1 for her AOS application, and the paper she's supposed to put on top of the packet (as stated in the rejection letter).

Ok understood but the think is they said they sent my supporting documents back to me in the envelope they sent there was nuttin but one sheet ripped out from the ead aplication booklet . So im thinking they have all my stuff still since they did not send it back

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, GioRod said:

Ok understood but the think is they said they sent my supporting documents back to me in the envelope they sent there was nuttin but one sheet ripped out from the ead aplication booklet . So im thinking they have all my stuff still since they did not send it back

Based on what I heard from people whose EAD application got rejected, they didn't really receive their supporting documents back as well. This doesn't mean that you don't have to resend them. It's best not to assume that USCIS still has your supporting documents as I don't think they MAY not have kept them after rejecting the application. So to avoid getting an RFE or another rejection, resend the application with the updated form/s and the supporting docs required. Don't forget to include the paper you should put on top of the package (it should have been included in the rejection letter) plus a copy of your AOS NOA1 (this is to let them know you have a pending AOS application and therefore you don't need to pay the fee for EAD).

Edited by lezahennaid

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

2 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

Based on what I heard from people whose EAD application got rejected, they didn't really receive their supporting documents back as well. This doesn't mean that you don't have to resend them. It's best not to assume that USCIS still has your supporting documents as I don't think they MAY not have kept them after rejecting the application. So to avoid getting an RFE or another rejection, resend the application with the updated form/s and the supporting docs required. Don't forger to include the paper you should put on top of the package (it should have been included in the rejection letter) plus a copy of your AOS NOA1 (this is to let them know you have a pending AOS application and therefore you don't need to pay the fee for EAD).

Got it thanks alot apriciate it im still waiting for aos reciept noa1 also the updated form for ead expires now on 2/28/18 .so if indnt get my noa1 for aos im goong to wait till new form is out for ead becuase i can not take chances that they will pick my aplication box from po box late and then it expires. Which why mines got rejected now sent it out was not expired by the time it was picked up boom expired causimg the rejection but thanks agin 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.