pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Hi AOS friends!

I didn't realise there was another January 2018 AOS Filers thread!  I joined a different one that has been set up and hadn't seen this one!

We sent our packet off to USCIS on 01/20/2018, however, due to delays with USPS Priority Mail and the Chicago post office, it did not show as delivered until 01/28/2018.  I thought we would be January filers, but It looks as though we will be February filers instead! 

I hope you guys will be happy with me tagging along in here anyway :).

Good luck and smooth sailing to all! :).

Jlj4m8.png

11 hours ago, Stewt said:

If you haven't already received your NOAs then you'll have to wait for those before bio

Since the checks got cashed does it mean at least the forms where correct and where accepted or could they send them back for any reason and we should receive noa anytime soon? Bit paranoid here, didn’t have money for lawyer so we did forms ourselves 

1 hour ago, Hoopike said:

Since the checks got cashed does it mean at least the forms where correct and where accepted or could they send them back for any reason and we should receive noa anytime soon? Bit paranoid here, didn’t have money for lawyer so we did forms ourselves 

I think check got cashed at least means that they started working on your case. They will send you a letter if you are missing any paper. But don’t worry and be patient this is just a game of patience😉

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Hi AOS friends!

I didn't realise there was another January 2018 AOS Filers thread!  I joined a different one that has been set up and hadn't seen this one!

We sent our packet off to USCIS on 01/20/2018, however, due to delays with USPS Priority Mail and the Chicago post office, it did not show as delivered until 01/28/2018.  I thought we would be January filers, but It looks as though we will be February filers instead! 

I hope you guys will be happy with me tagging along in here anyway :).

Good luck and smooth sailing to all! :).

Welcome and good luck

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hoopike said:

The checks cashed means they've started working on your applications. Don't worry abt it too much i was like you! In our situation the checks were cashed but the EAD still got rejected however the others were accepted. Since the ead is free when filed concurrently, I do believe if something was wrong with the applications that required a fee then they wouldn't have cashed the checks  (I may be wrong on that tho) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We woke up to an Email today that a RFE has been mailed to us and the  details of the RFE shall be explained in the mail... what a sad thing to wake up to :( . We pray its gonna be an easy fix for us.  

Some people will start getting their combo card pretty soon. Good luck in advance :)  

Don’t worry rfe’s are a way of saying oh you forgot something. Make sure when you get it to call & ask about it again, most of the time it’s documents missing, mine was for a irs Document missing in my husbands affidavit when we filed for aos

Whatever you get give them all you can think of if not sure always ask! Better safe than sorry. Denials are seldom & if there is always a way to reapply , it might be upsetting but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.