pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have no problem with early walk-in biometric taken at USCIS Seattle office. Good luck everyone.

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

2 minutes ago, keixjil said:

I have no problem with early walk-in biometric taken at USCIS Seattle office. Good luck everyone.

Did you wait until you received your biometrics notice in the mail? I am in also Seattle, and I am also hoping to do any early walk-in for biometrics. However, I wasn't sure if I had to wait for the notice. 

We didn't use a lawyer, but had a consult with one about a month ago. She said that Seattle is very back-logged right now. It will be interesting to compare our overall timelines.

Just now, Hoopike said:

Anyone sent their packet around Jan 19th?  We sent it and was signed for in the 19 but haven’t heard anything and checks haven’t been cashed and kind of worried now.

Yes, they received ours on the 19th. We have already gotten our notices in the mail. However, we did Fedex. I had read that sending it USPS was slower. I don't know if that is true.

1 minute ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

Yes, they received ours on the 19th. We have already gotten our notices in the mail. However, we did Fedex. I had read that sending it USPS was slower. I don't know if that is true.

1 minute ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

We send it USPS, that might be the case 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hoopike said:

We send it USPS, that might be the case 

Ours got delivered on the 16th via USPS priority. So far the checks were cashed in the 26th but only received 1 noa yesterday which was the EAD rejection for outdated form! Still haven't gotten NOA for the others

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

Did you wait until you received your biometrics notice in the mail? I am in also Seattle, and I am also hoping to do any early walk-in for biometrics. However, I wasn't sure if I had to wait for the notice. 

We didn't use a lawyer, but had a consult with one about a month ago. She said that Seattle is very back-logged right now. It will be interesting to compare our overall timelines.

I did wait for the biometric notice. It came shortly after NOA hardcopies (around a week late) I think you will need the biometric notice. My appointment was scheduled on 7th Feb but I decided to give a shot today. Pretty easy and simple process.

Looking through VJ data for USCIS Seattle, I do think they r back logged. Avarage almost 9 month to get a greencard is such a long time. Wish I could go to Spokane instead :P  I dont mind 4 hours driving for 1/3 shorter time waiting for greencard. 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

AOS Journey: 

ROC Journey:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow Canadians who have recently filed their AOS.  We were hoping to file this month but there are too many questions that we are confused about on the forms and hope you can help.

First: I am in the U.S. as a snowbird.  We married on January 12th, 2018.  I came over on Dec. 21st, 2016 to stay with my boyfriend for the winter as I did last year in the winter.

On the 485, Part 3  Question 1. re  have I ever applied for a permanent resident status.  I personally have not but I have had green cards before that I assume my father applied for me when I was a child and again when my ex-husbands employer applied.   So is that response yes and I give an explanation on Part 14.  

I have a Nexus card and use that when crossing the border.  Do I tell them that or will they know when they start to process my application?

Then on Part 3 of the 485 5a. (address history) Is my Canadian address what I put there  (it is what I consider my home address until I get green card status)  or once the AOS is submitted I am

considered "applicant to adjust status"

1 hour ago, keixjil said:

I did wait for the biometric notice. It came shortly after NOA hardcopies (around a week late) I think you will need the biometric notice. My appointment was scheduled on 7th Feb but I decided to give a shot today. Pretty easy and simple process.

Looking through VJ data for USCIS Seattle, I do think they r back logged. Avarage almost 9 month to get a greencard is such a long time. Wish I could go to Spokane instead :P  I dont mind 4 hours driving for 1/3 shorter time waiting for greencard. 

I know. I couldn't believe it when I saw the processing time for Spokane. Too bad you can't choose another location....

Did the biometrics notice have information about drop-in hours, or did you just look it up online?

2 hours ago, keixjil said:

I’m just sitting in the waiting area waiting for my bios to be done.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

I’m just sitting in the waiting area waiting for my bios to be done.

It’s cool. I was there just couple hours ago. How is the wait? 

1 hour ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

I know. I couldn't believe it when I saw the processing time for Spokane. Too bad you can't choose another location....

Did the biometrics notice have information about drop-in hours, or did you just look it up online?

Biometric notice has specific date and time (mine was Feb 7th at 11am) but I couldnt go that day so I decided to come today for early walk-in. 

AOS Journey: 

ROC Journey:

2 minutes ago, keixjil said:

It’s cool. I was there just couple hours ago. How is the wait? 

Biometric notice has specific date and time (mine was Feb 7th at 11am) but I couldnt go that day so I decided to come today for early walk-in. 

The wait took a whole of ten minutes or less, I checked in at 1245 and I’m already heading to the parking lot. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

The wait took a whole of ten minutes or less, I checked in at 1245 and I’m already heading to the parking lot. 

Haha yeah they are pretty quick. Now one step is closer. Congratulations!!

AOS Journey: 

ROC Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Biometrics done! In Phoenix USCIS was pretty efficient (and they have a super nice biometrics receptionist).

We arrived about 30 minutes early and were done about 15 minutes after our appointment time -- so 45 minutes total.

Even security was nice to us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.