pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jjjb said:

My health insurance is through my job because is cheaper than adding myself to his. 

I will send the bank statement for the joint even though we don't use it as much. We sent a bunch of pics, she said she didn't need it more. 

Will send car registration in both of our names and the actual insurance card for both cars in our names. Sam's club membership and my name on his life insurance. 

She said she needs things with both of our signatures though??? That's why I'm confused. We just have the car loan and the property loan, about $50k, with signatures. 

You can also make power of attorney documents (financial and medical) and submit those. A template for the form is easily found online (they are state specific).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Just wanted to give this suggestion to anyone who needs it: 

When bringing your papers for the interview make sure everything is well organized. It makes it easier and shows the official that you care and are prepared. 

One of the most important papers of evidence is a bank account statement with both persons names on it. It shows that the relationship is genuine because you wouldn't really share a bank account with anyone else. Bring important documents like tax returns with both persons names on it, and life insurance. Worry less about things like gym memberships and small stuff like that as they don't find it important. 

These are just my suggestions. 

Good luck everyone!

Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, peruvianflake said:

Just wanted to give this suggestion to anyone who needs it: 

When bringing your papers for the interview make sure everything is well organized. It makes it easier and shows the official that you care and are prepared. 

One of the most important papers of evidence is a bank account statement with both persons names on it. It shows that the relationship is genuine because you wouldn't really share a bank account with anyone else. Bring important documents like tax returns with both persons names on it, and life insurance. Worry less about things like gym memberships and small stuff like that as they don't find it important. 

These are just my suggestions. 

Good luck everyone!

What visa did you adjust from? What evidence did you submit? What was asked for during the interview? Were you interviewed together or separately? 

I am trying to prepare for our interview....

23 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Nearly 3 weeks after my AOS interview which was verbally approved and yet there is no welcome mail, no green card and no updates on the website. Has this happened to anyone here?

That doesn’t seem like the normal trend if it went further than just a verbal. I had my interview a week after you I think and I got my card in the mail last Thursday with various “on the way” updates (production, mailing) starting a few days before that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, BahamaIslander242 said:

That doesn’t seem like the normal trend if it went further than just a verbal. I had my interview a week after you I think and I got my card in the mail last Thursday with various “on the way” updates (production, mailing) starting a few days before that.

Yeah, most people get in within a week or 10 days but I think mine is stuck at supervisor approval. I called and I was told that no official decision has been made yet. Wondering what can cause that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
12 hours ago, janet3 said:

What visa did you adjust from? What evidence did you submit? What was asked for during the interview? Were you interviewed together or separately? 

I am trying to prepare for our interview....

I adjusted from a F-1 student visa. I submitted joint bank statements, insurance cards (life, car, health, dental), join taxes, lease of all the places we've lived together, and pictures in a chronological order from when we met up to now. 

The only question my husband was asked was to say my full name. Other than that, the officer did not ask us any other questions. She just complemented our pictures and asked for evidence that I have brought. I recommend being really well organized. I had a file of original papers and a file of copies for the officer which she kept. I also had a table of contents with everything labeled which made is really easy. The officer seemed very happy that I had every little thing organized. I also put dates and places on every photo. I printed the photos out on normal A4 paper and fit about 3 photos per page. We were interviewed together. 

Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have a question for people that have traveled on their AP/Work Permit card. My husband is from mexico and traditionally they use two last names.

When we applied for the Green card, Marriage certificate and Social security he only included the one which here in the us would be his fathers last name.

His Mexican passport shows both. Do you see any trouble for him when entering the country? Hes planning on traveling to mexico for a short trip.

Thanks in advance.

R

Timeline
5 hours ago, peruvianflake said:

I adjusted from a F-1 student visa. I submitted joint bank statements, insurance cards (life, car, health, dental), join taxes, lease of all the places we've lived together, and pictures in a chronological order from when we met up to now. 

The only question my husband was asked was to say my full name. Other than that, the officer did not ask us any other questions. She just complemented our pictures and asked for evidence that I have brought. I recommend being really well organized. I had a file of original papers and a file of copies for the officer which she kept. I also had a table of contents with everything labeled which made is really easy. The officer seemed very happy that I had every little thing organized. I also put dates and places on every photo. I printed the photos out on normal A4 paper and fit about 3 photos per page. We were interviewed together. 

Good luck! 

Thank you for your reply.

I received the “your interview has been scheduled” notification today.

Hey guy's, the February thread is a little quiet so I'll ask here instead. My interview is on October 10th in San Antonio. The evidence that I have for bonafide relationship is as follows. 

- Apartment lease in both names 2017

- Apartment lease in both names 2018

- Joint medical insurance

- 2 letters/bills from the doctors in my name as spouse with my husbands works name on it etc

- Joint bank accounts

- Receipt with my husbands name on it activating my phone contract

- Wedding pictures with family

- Pictures from this year with each other

- Congratulatory cards from our wedding

- Adoption paperwork for our puppy, solely in my name (I'm the beneficiary) but with our home address on there

- Vet receipts in my name but with our address on there 

- Paperwork in mine and my husbands name for when we put our dogs in boarding when we went on vacation

Is this enough? 

I don't drive and I'm not on any utilities. I can try to be added to one or two of our bills but it won't be a guarantee I'll get the paperwork in the mail on time. So I'm hoping what I have so far will be enough as from what I read most the time they mainly want to see the joint bank and joint health insurance. Any advise will be appreciated! 

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
20 hours ago, Missabc said:

Hey guy's, the February thread is a little quiet so I'll ask here instead. My interview is on October 10th in San Antonio. The evidence that I have for bonafide relationship is as follows. 

- Apartment lease in both names 2017

- Apartment lease in both names 2018

- Joint medical insurance

- 2 letters/bills from the doctors in my name as spouse with my husbands works name on it etc

- Joint bank accounts

- Receipt with my husbands name on it activating my phone contract

- Wedding pictures with family

- Pictures from this year with each other

- Congratulatory cards from our wedding

- Adoption paperwork for our puppy, solely in my name (I'm the beneficiary) but with our home address on there

- Vet receipts in my name but with our address on there 

- Paperwork in mine and my husbands name for when we put our dogs in boarding when we went on vacation

Is this enough? 

I don't drive and I'm not on any utilities. I can try to be added to one or two of our bills but it won't be a guarantee I'll get the paperwork in the mail on time. So I'm hoping what I have so far will be enough as from what I read most the time they mainly want to see the joint bank and joint health insurance. Any advise will be appreciated! 

Does your husband have a 401k or similar retirement plan with you listed as the beneficiary?

I also included medical and financial powers of attorney in the evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Do you have a state issued ID? (My husband got one last week and I was thinking of including that too)

8 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Does your husband have a 401k or similar retirement plan with you listed as the beneficiary?

I also included medical and financial powers of attorney in the evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Do you have a state issued ID? (My husband got one last week and I was thinking of including that too)

I don't believe he has a retirement plan. All he has is the health insurance through his work which has me as the beneficiary if anything was to happen to him. 

And I'm unfamiliar with the state issued id? I only have my SSN card. 

I think I'm probably over thinking this, I just need to be optimistic that its enough. I put together almost 40 pictures (most with family and friends) just to try bulk it up 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.