K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

5 hours ago, kvito28 said:

My GC has been approved for a week now but I never got any case updates or any welcome mail. Has anyone experienced this? Most people get one or the other by reading posts here. 

Do you mean that the officer gave you a verbal approval at your interview?  Have you checked both the USCIS gov and dhs websites for any updates?

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Etamkoos said:

Do you mean that the officer gave you a verbal approval at your interview?  Have you checked both the USCIS gov and dhs websites for any updates?

Yes, he did. He also gave us a paper that talks about I-751 and he himself walked us through next steps.

i did check both. Newer one has no updates and the old one returns user defined error for I-485. There are no updates about any forms on either website...

3 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Yes, he did. He also gave us a paper that talks about I-751 and he himself walked us through next steps.

i did check both. Newer one has no updates and the old one returns user defined error for I-485. There are no updates about any forms on either website...

Did he in any way indicate that he would need to check with his supervisor?  Even if he did not, it could be that he needs it checked off with a supervisor before being able to update the case status / send your approval letter. 

I understand your anticipation!  We had our interview a few weeks ago but I have been waiting for the card to arrive before updating here.  The officer told us that he was recommending us for approval (towards the end of the interview he said he needed to check something with his supervisor) and we signed the paperwork advising we needed to remove the conditions.  The egov and dhs sites have been updating randomly and out of sync.  We received the I-797 for the I-130 a few days after the interview, on the 21st our status on the gov website changed to Card in Production (dhs one has not updated for I-485) and we received the I-797 on 25th.  Every day I check USPS in the hope the card is on its way!  Pleasseeeee tomorrow! :D.

I am sure you will hear something soon!  Please update and let us know! :star:.

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Did he in any way indicate that he would need to check with his supervisor?  Even if he did not, it could be that he needs it checked off with a supervisor before being able to update the case status / send your approval letter. 

I understand your anticipation!  We had our interview a few weeks ago but I have been waiting for the card to arrive before updating here.  The officer told us that he was recommending us for approval (towards the end of the interview he said he needed to check something with his supervisor) and we signed the paperwork advising we needed to remove the conditions.  The egov and dhs sites have been updating randomly and out of sync.  We received the I-797 for the I-130 a few days after the interview, on the 21st our status on the gov website changed to Card in Production (dhs one has not updated for I-485) and we received the I-797 on 25th.  Every day I check USPS in the hope the card is on its way!  Pleasseeeee tomorrow! :D.

I am sure you will hear something soon!  Please update and let us know! :star:.

He never sait anything about review 😀 he just told us we would get a card soon lol.

My USCIS number for 485 does not work on the told website. New one is stuck to interview scheduled. I will keep you posted if anything changes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all! We got our interview for August 22nd. We went in really early and there was a lot of people already there. We were the 4th couple to get interviewed. The interview was unexpectedly easy. The officer asked my husband for my full name and that was pretty much all the questions we got. She looked at the papers we had brought to show our relationship is legitimate. We spent most of the time just looking over the photos we had brought. She literally did not ask any questions other than compliment our wedding and our photos. She was really nice and told us that she would recommend us for approval. Overall we were in there for 30 minutes. 2 days after the interview our case updated to " New Card being produced". We haven't gotten the green card in the mail yet but I'm sure it will be here soon. I am very happy with how quick our process was and wish good luck to everyone!!!! :)

Hello guys,

We had our interview this past Thursday and I'm still processing everything. 

It was scheduled for 9:30 and we were seen at 10:45. The IO was completely confused on what was going on. She just asked our names, address, dob, the yes and no questions. She also asked us to describe how we met. 

When it came the time to present bonafide marriage, I showed her:
- car loan in both of our names
- home loan for a property we are trying to buy.
- car insurance in both of our names
- internet bill on my name - our address
- my name on the his dental insurance 
- we had our tax return filled together - she did not want to see that
- pics 

She said it wasn't enough. She said I needed more documents with both of our signatures?!?, She asked if we had a joint account ( we do but I didn't take since we don't use it that much).

I got out of there furious, I thought I had enough. What else should we send them now?
I asked her how long would take for the case to be reviewed and she said 3 weeks after receiving the paperwork. Does anybody know if this is accurate? 

Please help in figuring out what else to send to them?

Thank you.

I

On 9/2/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jjjb said:

Hello guys,

It was scheduled for 9:30 and we were seen at 10:45. The IO was completely confused on what was going on. She just asked our names, address, dob, the yes and no questions. She also asked us to describe how we met. 

- pics 

She said it wasn't enough. She said I needed more documents with both of our signatures?!?, She asked if we had a joint account ( we do but I didn't take since we don't use it that much).

I got out of there furious, I thought I had enough. What else should we send them now?
I asked her how long would take for the case to be reviewed and she said 3 weeks after receiving the paperwork. Does anybody know if this is accurate? 

Thank you.

I'd be very frustrated as well if I were in your situation. It sounds like you guys presented good amount of documents. I think car loan, tax, and dental insurance are pretty solid... But if they need more, do you have health insurance that cover both of you? Pictures of you with his family and friends, or him with your family and friends? Do you have any close friend in a "good" position (like teachers, university professors or doctors) who can write a letter for you? Perhaps bank statement from the joint account? It doesn't matter how often you use it. It has both of your name on it, and it shows that you share your money (as long as you have some money in it).

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jjjb said:

Hello guys,

- pics 

Thank you.

This is why we say to orgranize and add table of contents to your documents. Seems the IO had no time to solve your case, you will now have to send the same stuff with actual explanations and in depth organized.

You say the IO didnt want to look at your taxes, but if you start with cohabitation information then showed your taxes have same address she would have understood why. Also if you have a joint account how you paying for the internet? Does the car insurance have examples of your names in the same address? 

6 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

This is why we say to orgranize and add table of contents to your documents. Seems the IO had no time to solve your case, you will now have to send the same stuff with actual explanations and in depth organized.

You say the IO didnt want to look at your taxes, but if you start with cohabitation information then showed your taxes have same address she would have understood why. Also if you have a joint account how you paying for the internet? Does the car insurance have examples of your names in the same address? 

He had the house before me, so the mortgage and all the bills are in his name. I pay for the internet through my own bank account. I just give him cash to pay for half of mortgage.

We will try to add my name to the house bills. 

We have two cars and the insurance cards have both of our names. Adding Sam's club cards, my name on his life insurance, one of the car registration have both of our names in it. Will also send the invite for his brother's wedding with both of our names ( my married name) in it. 

Will send the taxes again, I mean we filled "married jointly" that should, say something, no? 

I hope this is enough. I'm waiting for the letter to come in, which should be by Friday. 

I will try to send everything out on Monday, hopefully.

7 hours ago, Koni10 said:

I

I'd be very frustrated as well if I were in your situation. It sounds like you guys presented good amount of documents. I think car loan, tax, and dental insurance are pretty solid... But if they need more, do you have health insurance that cover both of you? Pictures of you with his family and friends, or him with your family and friends? Do you have any close friend in a "good" position (like teachers, university professors or doctors) who can write a letter for you? Perhaps bank statement from the joint account? It doesn't matter how often you use it. It has both of your name on it, and it shows that you share your money (as long as you have some money in it).

My health insurance is through my job because is cheaper than adding myself to his. 

I will send the bank statement for the joint even though we don't use it as much. We sent a bunch of pics, she said she didn't need it more. 

Will send car registration in both of our names and the actual insurance card for both cars in our names. Sam's club membership and my name on his life insurance. 

She said she needs things with both of our signatures though??? That's why I'm confused. We just have the car loan and the property loan, about $50k, with signatures. 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jjjb said:

He had the house before me, so the mortgage and all the bills are in his name. I pay for the internet through my own bank account. I just give him cash to pay for half of mortgage.

We will try to add my name to the house bills. 

We have two cars and the insurance cards have both of our names. Adding Sam's club cards, my name on his life insurance, one of the car registration have both of our names in it. Will also send the invite for his brother's wedding with both of our names ( my married name) in it. 

Will send the taxes again, I mean we filled "married jointly" that should, say something, no? 

I hope this is enough. I'm waiting for the letter to come in, which should be by Friday. 

I will try to send everything out on Monday, hopefully.

First, I am going to assume you were not a K1 visa? As well you did not send a lot of evidence front loaded on your application? These are two reasons an IO would not be familiar with your case. Assuming here, let us know if that is false.

Unfortunately this is the issue, for the next little while you are living under the basis to prove a bonafide marriage to USCIS. Not what is easiest or makes sense to you. If you were transferring cash from your bank account to the joint account where the mortgage is paid you now have proof of cohabitation/commigle of assets/mail-same-address all through that one example.

Same with the internet. 

Again it "seems to be" the organization and format of your evidene, I assume you did not start with taxes so by then the IO did not care was already making an RFE in their minds. Not every IO has time to solve all the evidence they see in 30 minutes or care to, the onus is how you present it.

The first thing you need to solve is the "cohabitation" problem. Then you need to start showing the joint account is active. Then you need to add the other evidence etc...But its not always is the evidence enough its how its presented to solve the questions of the i130.

Edited by A&H2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.