pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Hi all! 

Today, we had our interview and were approved on the spot. We were asked about each other's DOBs, parents' names, what degrees we got from college, all yes and no questions. First thing that the interviewer asked us was what we had for him and we gave our joint lease, receipt from a trip and joint taxes. We had a bunch of other docs but he did not want it nor he even looked at them. Overall very easy and relaxed interview. After he approved us, we had a conversation about life stuff for about 10 minutes. He told me in the end that he hopes to see me for N400 interview. 

This was in Raleigh, NC office. Good to all of you with your own journey! 

Wonderful! Congrats 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 5:08 AM, janet3 said:

Has anyone in this thread received their green card without an interview? 

I don't know if there might still be some rare exception, but our officer told us during the interview that was one thing that had changed with the new immigration policy under the new president, that now everyone needed to go through the interview process.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Stt said:

Hello,

Happy Monday, I hope y'all had a great weekend. Today was day one on the new job (yaye) and I came home to my gc in the mail (double yaye) exactly one week after interview. I got the welcome letters and approval notices last week! Good luck to everyone!!!

Congratulations!  Have your cases updated on either/both the gov and dhs USCIS sites?

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Etamkoos said:

Congratulations!  Have your cases updated on either/both the gov and dhs USCIS sites?

Both sites updated for me! Dhs says 485 and 130 approved while the uscis.gov only updated the i485 last update was card delivered, the i130 still say received in January 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

I don't know if there might still be some rare exception, but our officer told us during the interview that was one thing that had changed with the new immigration policy under the new president, that now everyone needed to go through the interview process.

Thank you for the reply. I had thought that was the case now but was still holding onto a little bit of hope....

I am concerned with the interview being conducted in English (my husband’s English continues to improve daily but if someone speaks quickly he has difficulty understanding what they are saying). And finding a French interpreter is going to be incredibly difficult where I live. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 10:01 PM, janet3 said:

Thank you for the reply. I had thought that was the case now but was still holding onto a little bit of hope....

I am concerned with the interview being conducted in English (my husband’s English continues to improve daily but if someone speaks quickly he has difficulty understanding what they are saying). And finding a French interpreter is going to be incredibly difficult where I live. 

I think officers are aware of that and don't speak particularly fast, at least mine was easy to understand, but I get your concern.

Have you thought of contacting any local non profit working with immigrants, if finding an official translator is not an easy task? Check the rules about who qualifies as a translator, because I'm pretty sure any individual with the knowledge can do it, so you can always look for help in the French speaking community there.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

On 8/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, janet3 said:

They seem pretty understanding from what I hear and would speak slower if asked. :) Too bad I do not leave nearby I would interpret. My french is decent enough. HA My husband had a coworker who asked him when he went to pick me up last October if I spoke English. She was serious too. lol My husband said he just looked at her dumbfounded because I was coming from Canada. I work in that office now and so I ran into her the other day. She says very slowly Hi my name is Paula. Chris told us all about you. HAHAHA I replied in French just to see what she would do. I said "Bonjour, je m'appelle Rebecca. Je suis sûr qu'il vous a dit que les bonnes choses." She looked at me with wide eyes and I said "Just kidding. English is my first language and French is my second language sorta." I told her that my French was pretty poor because I just took it for 8 years in school and we are only taught the basics. lol Then I said Hi my name Rebecca. I am sure he told you only the good things." 

I called the USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 and they said that my Combo card still has not shipped even though the status says that it was shipped on 8/22. Anyone have this happen to them?

I was approved on 8/17- new card in production. 

Card was sent to me - 8/22

received approval notices in mail -8/23

as of 8/27- I still have not received my combo card. 

Hey everyone, checking in to say we had our interview yesterday and we were APPROVED on the spot. I will say, we were not interviewed together at the outset so be prepared for the possibility as it can be surprising. My wife (sponsor) was interviewed first and then she was brought out and I was brought in to be interviewed. No hard questions, just a conversation (how we met, meeting of family members, our living situation, a little travel history and some of the I485 YES/NO security questions, etc). But I did find out later that most of my questions were already asked of my wife in some form so I assume the interviewer was double checking me for any inconsistencies. She (the sponsor) was asked more questions on various things (my job, our wedding) than I was though and according to her, he had marked approved on some sheet before I ever came in (no clue what that was). At the end, she was brought back for us both to, TOGETHER, present our joint evidence materials. The interviewer even complimented us on our paperwork organization. lol All in all, about 30 minutes and we were reminded to reapply in 2 years - 90 days for ROC. We were a little nervous at first but everyone in the office was nice throughout the entire process so that was calming.

Received this via email and text message this morning: 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 
On August 28, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC#, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

Feels good to have a 2 year-ish break that we can just go on and enjoy our lives instead of worrying about paperwork. lol Good luck to everyone still waiting. It feels like a long road but God-willing, your turn will soon be ahead. Blessings

By the way:

I485/765/131 NOA1 was 01/19

EAD/AP approval was 5/31

Edited by BahamaIslander242

3 hours ago, BahamaIslander242 said:

Hey everyone, checking in to say we had our interview yesterday and we were APPROVED on the spot. I will say, we were not interviewed together at the outset so be prepared for the possibility as it can be surprising. My wife (sponsor) was interviewed first and then she was brought out and I was brought in to be interviewed. No hard questions, just a conversation (how we met, meeting of family members, our living situation, a little travel history and some of the I485 YES/NO security questions, etc). But I did find out later that most of my questions were already asked of my wife in some form so I assume the interviewer was double checking me for any inconsistencies. She (the sponsor) was asked more questions on various things (my job, our wedding) than I was though and according to her, he had marked approved on some sheet before I ever came in (no clue what that was). At the end, she was brought back for us both to, TOGETHER, present our joint evidence materials. The interviewer even complimented us on our paperwork organization. lol All in all, about 30 minutes and we were reminded to reapply in 2 years - 90 days for ROC. We were a little nervous at first but everyone in the office was nice throughout the entire process so that was calming.

Received this via email and text message this morning: 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 
On August 28, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC#, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

Feels good to have a 2 year-ish break that we can just go on and enjoy our lives instead of worrying about paperwork. lol Good luck to everyone still waiting. It feels like a long road but God-willing, your turn will soon be ahead. Blessings

By the way:

I485/765/131 NOA1 was 01/19

EAD/AP approval was 5/31

What questions did they ask you?

44 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

What questions did they ask you?

Just standard stuff. First we went through the application just to make sure it’s still accurate and some of the YES/NO security questions. Then stuff like Where do we live? Is it just us? Some of her family’s and mine’s names.  Do we have any nieces or nephews? Her birthday. How did we meet? When did we meet in person? Has she met any of my family? Then a little of my travel history throughout the years as a student on student visa. Like I said, these were all questions he knew the answer to before he asked them by talking to my wife first or just looking through my passport. It was seriously nothing that would be difficult for any married couple to answer tho. I know it’s easier to say than do but dont worry about it. Just tell the truth; there was nothing that required a books worth of detail. It’ll be done before you know it. For evidence, even though I wasn’t sure we had enough, I had brought so much more than he even wanted to see that it took me by surprise when I heard the words, “ok, well you’ve met all the requirements to be approved”. I kept thinking “but I have more stuff to show you”. LOL

Edited by BahamaIslander242

40 minutes ago, BahamaIslander242 said:

Just standard stuff. First we went through the application just to make sure it’s still accurate and some of the YES/NO security questions. Then stuff like Where do we live? Is it just us? Some of her family’s and mine’s names.  Do we have any nieces or nephews? Her birthday. How did we meet? When did we meet in person? Has she met any of my family? Then a little of my travel history throughout the years as a student on student visa. Like I said, these were all questions he knew the answer to before he asked them by talking to my wife first or just looking through my passport. It was seriously nothing that would be difficult for any married couple to answer tho. I know it’s easier to say than do but dont worry about it. Just tell the truth; there was nothing that required a books worth of detail. It’ll be done before you know it. For evidence, even though I wasn’t sure we had enough, I had brought so much more than he even wanted to see that it took me by surprise when I heard the words, “ok, well you’ve met all the requirements to be approved”. I kept thinking “but I have more stuff to show you”. LOL

Congrats bro. Another Bahamian here but I in Texas adjusting from F1 so just a waiting game now.

1 hour ago, BahamaIslander242 said:

Really cool! Thanks ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.