pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Did she get her GC ? Curious 

Not yet. They sent in the AOS papers in March I think. But yes his facebook is full of yay I can't wait until she gets back here because she is here to stay for good. Someone asked about the visa and he says oh she can just come down on her tourist visa and then we can get married and adjust her status. Just gets my goat because so many of us try to do it the proper way. Anyway I am done with this topic as it pisses me off to no end. *goes back to lurk mode*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Until yesterday my I-485 said fingerprint fee received. Today, it shows validation error and that the last update was made on 7/24/2018. 

I know that there have been many cases like this. I would appreciate if anyone could share their experience with similar issues and what happened after. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Anyone from this January thread in the Houston office?

4 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Anyone who expedites their EAD had problems faxing ?? I can’t fax because their number is always busy.. I left my documents in a printer shop and they can’t fax it ... 

•  

Faxing has had a lot of issues because they ARE busy.
Mail it instead

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Did you know the address to mail ? 

I don't
Sorry. U can ask a question in the forum. 
Or u can call USCIS and ask. they can give you that

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rbalsara96 said:

Has anyone successfully expedited their AP? Did they mail in the request? What did they exactly mail in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My sister just got diagnosed with breast cancer and I want to see her.  thank you! 

Good Morning , 

We expedited my husband's due to death of my brother. It is easier to walk in to the field office vs doing it over the phone as they are more helpful. We brought with us a copy of the 1-131, receipts from USCIS stating that we paid and all that ,  death certificate and funeral arrangements for my brother , plane tickets and proof that it was my sibling ( his birth certificate and mine to show parents' names) with 2 passport size photos and we were good. We got approved on the spot and left there in an hour tops. In your case , i would say get a letter from the doctor or hospital, purchase airfare and go to your field office and explain yourself :)

Let us know how it goes. 

Best of Luck and I will keep your sister in my prayers.

12 minutes ago, sleu876 said:

Good Morning , 

We expedited my husband's due to death of my brother. It is easier to walk in to the field office vs doing it over the phone as they are more helpful. We brought with us a copy of the 1-131, receipts from USCIS stating that we paid and all that ,  death certificate and funeral arrangements for my brother , plane tickets and proof that it was my sibling ( his birth certificate and mine to show parents' names) with 2 passport size photos and we were good. We got approved on the spot and left there in an hour tops. In your case , i would say get a letter from the doctor or hospital, purchase airfare and go to your field office and explain yourself :)

Let us know how it goes. 

Best of Luck and I will keep your sister in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands brother. Thank you for your help. 

We went to the local office yesterday and they only give the emergency parole for 30 days. Did you have a similar experience? I was hoping to get for a longer period so I could be with her when her chemotherpahy starts. 

I got a letter from the doctor. Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Rbalsara96 said:

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands brother. Thank you for your help. 

We went to the local office yesterday and they only give the emergency parole for 30 days. Did you have a similar experience? I was hoping to get for a longer period so I could be with her when her chemotherpahy starts. 

I got a letter from the doctor. Thank you

Thank you kindly. No worries, He had gotten his for the year and in 3 days he received the actual card( combo card ) in the mail.   

On 7/13/2018 at 10:47 AM, Itssimons said:

@TearsOfBabylon We seem to have the same local office I think. Have you had your interview or scheduled already? There seems to be a surge in the issuance of interview notices for November and December filers lately and I’ve been wondering what’s the heck is going on in our local office especially with K1 applicants

@Itssimons Hello and greetings from Williamsburg to Fredericksburg! :)
Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw your message. Haven't been on here for a while.
Yes, we are in the same field office. 
I have filed Dec 17th and haven't heard a word since Biometrics in January. Bummer.

I have no clue how fast or slow our office is working. The only other person I know of,  was an AOS from a B2 ... Filed a month after me and got the GC months ago already. 
So... they do SOMETHING. 

Good to hear there's a surge in the Nov's and Dec's. It's about time. A friend of mine filed in September, up in Alexandria and they just had their approval last week.

Good luck for you, I hope it's gonna be our turn soon! :)

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
11 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

@Itssimons Hello and greetings from Williamsburg to Fredericksburg! :)
Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw your message. Haven't been on here for a while.
Yes, we are in the same field office. 
I have filed Dec 17th and haven't heard a word since Biometrics in January. Bummer.

I have no clue how fast or slow our office is working. The only other person I know of,  was an AOS from a B2 ... Filed a month after me and got the GC months ago already. 
So... they do SOMETHING. 

Good to hear there's a surge in the Nov's and Dec's. It's about time. A friend of mine filed in September, up in Alexandria and they just had their approval last week.

Good luck for you, I hope it's gonna be our turn soon! :)

It’s weird sometimes that you get cases scheduled for an Interview or approved with PDs that do not reflect the “first come first serve” goal they often talk about. I know of a January filer with interview date already whereas there still October, November and December filers without interview dates yet. Well, such is life and we’ve just gotta keep waiting 

I am still waiting. I am really hoping mine follows the year it USUALLY takes Denver to have interviews because I start training for my job on Monday and I am not allowed to take time off until November. So unless it was a morning interview I would have to reschedule it if it happens between now and the end of October. 

I have been pretty homesick lately but my Mum just told me that she is planning on coming up end of November or early December for a few days. YAY, I miss her so very much.

I have been researching cars and checking out the several used car lots in town that will offer financing to no credit peoples such as myself. My husband and I realize that my first few paycheques will have to go towards a down payment on a car. Currently he works at the same place but first shift. So I would have to drive him to work at 8am, come home, drive myself to work at 12:30pm, text him where to find the van in the parking lot, he would drive home at 5:45pm and then turn around and come pick me up at 10pm. That is only gonna work for so long before it drives us both batty. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. HUGS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.