pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, twoDs said:

Checking in, since it's been a while. Still no interview notice on the I-485, however the EAD/AP card

was used successfully to re-enter the country after visiting friends abroad. Customs was bit

confused how to handle it (I guess they don't get many people coming in on APs) but it worked.

We're at day 195. I looked up the few I-485s for K1s for our office, and only one I-485 has

been approved this year (in May, you know who you are ;) ) The last three approvals before

that were all late 2017 and took about 9-10 months, so I guess we'll keep waiting.

Thank god we filed for EAD/AP. I can't imagine how hard it would be being trapped.

Yeah I feel you cept for Denver cause apparently had two from VJ approved in April that were submitted after me and my husband. Shrugs I just go with the flow around here. Ha I am still trapped because I never applied for AP. I start my new job in a week and a half. YAY! AP doesn.t matter much because I can't take time off with my new job until after training ends in November and by then it will be a few months til GC hopefully. When they asked if I would need time off during training, I said no but that I was waiting for a GC interview and they said they would try and work around that if it came to it.

I am so glad I have a job starting soon because I had to rely on my Mum to bail me out on my Canadian bills. I had to pay taxes for 2017 in Canada which I knew but they were more than expected just because I was not a Canadian resident for 2 months. Once I start work I will be fine. :) My husband too. He is only working part - time right now while his health is not doing well. But we are getting that back under control so soon he can go back to full time I hope. :)

On 5/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, Pandalion said:

Only K1 are getting interviewed for their GC that’s what I noticed for the last 3 months 

The interview depends upon the Field Office. Yours is the Minneapolis, MN field office. It's one of the slowest in the US. Here is the link to the Minneapolis AOS community/thread. We keep track of priority dates and interviews. It looks like they're interviewing people who filed in 05-2017. We also keep track of processing times. The field office nearly doubled its processing rate between 01-01-18 and 03-31-18. So there's hope. I posted a chart on that thread, as well. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, pajobra said:

Yeah I feel you cept for Denver cause apparently had two from VJ approved in April that were submitted after me and my husband. Shrugs I just go with the flow around here. Ha I am still trapped because I never applied for AP. I start my new job in a week and a half. YAY! AP doesn.t matter much because I can't take time off with my new job until after training ends in November and by then it will be a few months til GC hopefully. When they asked if I would need time off during training, I said no but that I was waiting for a GC interview and they said they would try and work around that if it came to it.

I am so glad I have a job starting soon because I had to rely on my Mum to bail me out on my Canadian bills. I had to pay taxes for 2017 in Canada which I knew but they were more than expected just because I was not a Canadian resident for 2 months. Once I start work I will be fine. :) My husband too. He is only working part - time right now while his health is not doing well. But we are getting that back under control so soon he can go back to full time I hope. :)

I am glad things are moving along for you, hopefully a good surprise with an interview will come soon! Take care

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

15 hours ago, pajobra said:

Oh, it was more than just two. i know of several from another site who 01-10-18 and was interviewed in Denver, CO on 04-30-18. Approved on the spot. It was originally scheduled as employment-based even though it was marriage based AOS. So yeah, they skipped a lot of people. San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Raleigh, Oklahoma and many more,

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

7 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Oh, it was more than just two. i know of several from another site who 01-10-18 and was interviewed in Denver, CO on 04-30-18. Approved on the spot. It was originally scheduled as employment-based even though it was marriage based AOS. So yeah, they skipped a lot of people. San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Raleigh, Oklahoma and many more,

Yeah its just so crazy how they can do that. Oh well. I am not too bothered. :) I start full time work July 30th at a good pay rate with great benefits and a great 401k. I can't take time off til I finish training end of November so I am good there anyway. Mum was gonna visit me in August but now has decided to come next spring instead when I can take some time off. I am very much looking forward to work cause I am tired of being a housewife. hahaha Although now my husband and I will have to spend Sunday afternoons prepping dinner and lunches for the week that is fine. :) Gonna teach him how to operate the instant pot and he should be fine. Plan to make sure there is a whole weeks worth of freezer meals with extra for lunches in the freezer every Sunday. I have already started planning the shopping list.

I am slightly scared about starting this job as its not something I have really done before but I am looking forward to trying something new. I am going to continue volunteering at the public library nearby because I would miss those ladies if I did not. lol

9 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

My interview was scheduled today, according to the text I got. Gotta run and find a doctor to do the medicals. 

I was definitely not expecting it. My PD was Jan 12. Memphis office. 

:)

Congrats

2 hours ago, pajobra said:

Yeah its just so crazy how they can do that. Oh well. I am not too bothered. :) I start full time work July 30th at a good pay rate with great benefits and a great 401k. I can't take time off til I finish training end of November so I am good there anyway. Mum was gonna visit me in August but now has decided to come next spring instead when I can take some time off. I am very much looking forward to work cause I am tired of being a housewife. hahaha Although now my husband and I will have to spend Sunday afternoons prepping dinner and lunches for the week that is fine. :) Gonna teach him how to operate the instant pot and he should be fine. Plan to make sure there is a whole weeks worth of freezer meals with extra for lunches in the freezer every Sunday. I have already started planning the shopping list.

I am slightly scared about starting this job as its not something I have really done before but I am looking forward to trying something new. I am going to continue volunteering at the public library nearby because I would miss those ladies if I did not. lol

Congrats

Yes, it's just crazy. There's no better way to explain it. Your wait isn't as bad. There are Denver folks who filed 03-2017 who are still waiting. Houston, TX has filers from 09-2016 who are yet to be scheduled.

I wish you could check a box on your I-130/I-485 that says "Willing to travel to travel to the first available appointment at  X, Y or Z office". That would keep it more fair, and would definitely help with the backlogs.

Congrats on starting your new job! That's exciting. They will train you. You will be fine. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys!

Just found out that my husband's EAD card Is being sent to us! Just for reference, we sent our AOS application on Jan 31st! So it took 170 days! I hope everyone gets theirs soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, CopperChem said:

I think our interview was about a month from the notice. And yes we got the GC before the EAD or AP was ever even processed. It just depends on the particular offices.

Hi... i am from Feb filers but i had a question.... they haven't touched my EAD yet but I'm scheduled for an interview. If we get the green card before the EAD we can work right?? Like... if we have a green card we don't need to wait for EAD to apply for driver's license and for work.  

Is that correct?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Noonymoon said:

Hi... i am from Feb filers but i had a question.... they haven't touched my EAD yet but I'm scheduled for an interview. If we get the green card before the EAD we can work right?? Like... if we have a green card we don't need to wait for EAD to apply for driver's license and for work.  

Is that correct? 

Yes you do not need the EAD anymore

I am just a bit curious that, I see people come here with tourist visa and get married and get their GC. But most people here first applied K visa which takes almost a year and spent almost 1k dollars. It seems no point to apply for a K1 visa because you can use a tourist visa to get the GC quicker and cheaper. 

What do you guys think ?  

5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

I am just a bit curious that, I see people come here with tourist visa and get married and get their GC. But most people here first applied K visa which takes almost a year and spent almost 1k dollars. It seems no point to apply for a K1 visa because you can use a tourist visa to get the GC quicker and cheaper. 

What do you guys think ?  

Coming with the intention to AOS of tourist visa etc is visa fraud. Comes with a long ban from the USA if you get found out.

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

What do you guys think ?  

If someone comes to the US on a tourist visa with the intent of marrying and staying in the US to adjust status that is visa fraud. 

No one here can tell you what you are suggesting is a “great plan” because it is fraud.

In addition.....it would be against VIsa Journeys TOS to do so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.