pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

So I received my combo card today guys. All I can say to those still waiting is hang in there and keep the faith, God does things in ways beyond our understanding and at His own time; that moment we least expected.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jane101 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited,my husband got his EAD today in the mailbox. One quick question,will he receive his SSN in the mailbox or he needs to go and apply in person?

Thanks..

If you had selected "yes" to if you want then to send you one, then it'll come in your mailbox. If not then he'll have to go apply in person! I already had a ssn but I selected yes on the form so i could get a new one with my new last name on it And that came in my mailbox before i even received the ead

Edited by Stt

1 hour ago, Stt said:

If you had selected "yes" to if you want then to send you one, then it'll come in your mailbox. If not then he'll have to go apply in person! I already had a ssn but I selected yes on the form so i could get a new one with my new last name on it And that came in my mailbox before i even received the ead

I wish I had done that. I am fighting for my name change with SSA. :( I can not work and have lost a good job offer because of it and will likely never be able to work for that company. I will head back to teh SSA office for the third time to try and change it If I can't I might just give up entirely until I get a GC in a year or so.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I wish I had done that. I am fighting for my name change with SSA. :( I can not work and have lost a good job offer because of it and will likely never be able to work for that company. I will head back to teh SSA office for the third time to try and change it If I can't I might just give up entirely until I get a GC in a year or so.

9 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Oh noo!! So sorry to hear that! What was their reason for not wanting to change it? I thought you could with your EAD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

I suggest you go to a different SSA office. it also happened to me today when i went there and the lady doesn’t want to accept my request and told me its not allowed. so what i did was took another number and waited in line again and the gentleman who assisted me did the name change without any questions. i just showed him my EAD and original marriage certificate and thats it.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

I suggest you go to a different SSA office. it also happened to me today when i went there and the lady doesn’t want to accept my request and told me its not allowed. so what i did was took another number and waited in line again and the gentleman who assisted me did the name change without any questions. i just showed him my EAD and original marriage certificate and thats it.

Sometimes the agents don't know the proper procedures not only at the SSA but also at the dmv/rmv. One person may allow something and another won't. But as far as I know you just need to produce  ID, marriage cert. with either ead, GC or naturalization cert for name change. There is a section on the SSA webpage outlining what's needed to make adjustments I'll see if i can find it and attach it here. Maybe you can print it out and take it with you to show them 

Edited by Stt

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stt said:

Sometimes the agents don't know the proper procedures not only at the SSA but also at the dmv/rmv. One person may allow something and another won't. But as far as I know you just need to produce  ID, marriage cert. with either ead, GC or naturalization cert for name change. There is a section on the SSA webpage outlining what's needed to make adjustments I'll see if i can find it and attach it here. Maybe you can print it out and take it with you to show them 

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

14 hours ago, JahRyl said:

This is the only one near me. lol And they had no problem doing it for me or so I thought but this was 7 weeks ago now and I have heard nada. I am gonna go back Monday after my dentist appointment and try again. I am just upset because I lost a job and likely all chance of ever working for that company thanks to this. :( 

13 hours ago, Stt said:

Thing is the guy took my stuff and said we will have to verify you first and that will take up to 4 weeks. Well 7 weeks have passed. I will just go again and again and again if I have to. I have no job to worry about. :P

Timeline

Omg y'all for some reason I decided to check the old uscis.gov webpage and lo and behold it says on July 2nd an interview was scheduled 💃💃💃💃 I'm soo happy right now i dont even know what to do with myself😊😊😊😊 if any of you abandoned the old site plz check to see if y'all got any updates! The new dhs site hasnt updated for me yet! Last update was the ead card mailed. Also im guessing they mailed the notice today becuz the last date shown is July 7th but that's just me guessing idk if thats the case

Edited by Stt

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Stt said:

Omg y'all for some reason I decided to check the old uscis.gov webpage and lo and behold it says on July 2nd an interview was scheduled 💃💃💃💃 I'm soo happy right now i dont even know what to do with myself😊😊😊😊 if any of you abandoned the old site plz check to see if y'all got any updates! The new dhs site hasnt updated for me yet! Last update was the ead card mailed. Also im guessing they mailed the notice today becuz the last date shown is July 7th but that's just me guessing idk if thats the case

Wow, San Diego right? Lots of inteviews coming out this week. Whats your PD, what visa you changing from?

Edited by A&H2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Well, I finally got to submit a service request a week ago (thank god I didn’t wait  because the processing times changed again!) and there hasn’t been an updated date on my 765 but I just got a text and an email saying that there’s been an update on my 485, they sent a Request for Initial Evidence on July 5th. I wonder what they’re requesting for... at least it’s something, right?

188 days and counting.

Edited by MrsMcCannigan
Typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.