pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

I'm in Raleigh office too! Biometrics finished in early March, the status also went straight from 'received biometrics fee' to 'cancelled' on April 24. What's happening here...

8 minutes ago, donsun said:

Yep biometrics completed 5/4. Just to note, I never got the 'finished biometrics' update. Mine went straight from 'received biometrics fee' to 'waiting for interview to be scheduled', and now 'interview canceled'

Edited by nki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, donsun said:

Yep biometrics completed 5/4. Just to note, I never got the 'finished biometrics' update. Mine went straight from 'received biometrics fee' to 'waiting for interview to be scheduled', and now 'interview canceled'

mine never even went beyond biometrics fee received... It say interview canceled now.

@nki @kvito28

Wow, crazy that no one has yet got an interview date, especially Jan filers. 

Mine went straight from bio received to bio review completed and that's it. It's been like that now for almost 2 months 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, N & A said:

Hi all,

We will be filing my husband's AOS soon and wanted to confirm we aren't forgetting anything. I figured it would be best to ask in a group where people are already approved since you have a better idea of what's to come.

Can you take a look at the list below and let me know if I need to adjust anything?  Thank you!

I-485 Form and Supporting Documents 

1.       Payment US $1,225 (Filing fee + Biometrics fee)

2.       Form G-1145

3.       I-485 form

4.       Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition

5.       Copy of marriage certificate

6.       Copy of birth certificate

7.       Copy of biographic page of passport, entry stamps and visa page

8.       Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record

9.       (2) 2”X 2” size passport photo

10.     Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet

11.     Duly accomplished form I-864, Affidavit of support from my husband along with the following documents:

a.       Employment letter

b.       3 months worth of most recent paystubs

c.       Copy of Tax returns from past three (3) years

d.       Copy of W2’s from the past three (3) years

e.       Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner

I-765 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Employment Authorization 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       I-765 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       Copy of I-797 approval and form I-94 (front and back)

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       (2) 2”X 2” size passport photo

I-131 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole) 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       I-131 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       I-94 (front and back)

5.       Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition

6.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

7.       (2) 2”X 2” size passport photo

Tax transcripts from IRS for the most recent years is preferred I believe.   If not you need to send copy of signed tax forms , W2 and INT forms.  I sent both.  

You should include employment verification letter from your employer on company letterhead.   

Also, proof of relationship such as wedding and family pictures and documents such as receipts,  plane ticket stubs and anything to show bona fida relationship.    They don't have your evidences from your K129F application so better to prepare them again.

Good luck

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

4 hours ago, DanielTan said:

Hi Pajobra, 

Did you get your EAD approved with your AP or was it only the EAD?

Thank you!

I never filed for AP because I wasn't planning on it. Going to file it this week. Usually both are approved at the same time and you get the combo card though. Mine will say no travel or the like I suspect.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I never filed for AP because I wasn't planning on it. Going to file it this week. Usually both are approved at the same time and you get the combo card though. Mine will say no travel or the like I suspect.

They made a mistake on mine. Sent me a letter approving my advanced parole. supposed to hold it while traveling. its 2 copies.

my ead wasn't a combo card. just work authorization

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

6 hours ago, poh said:

Tax transcripts from IRS for the most recent years is preferred I believe.   If not you need to send copy of signed tax forms , W2 and INT forms.  I sent both.  

You should include employment verification letter from your employer on company letterhead.   

Also, proof of relationship such as wedding and family pictures and documents such as receipts,  plane ticket stubs and anything to show bona fida relationship.    They don't have your evidences from your K129F application so better to prepare them again.

Good luck

I never submitted evidence in my package. Hardly front-loaded it at all. Never did with the I-129F either. From my understanding they would want to see that at the interview. Now I know why my package was 50 pages to all your 300 pages. To each their own. LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I never submitted evidence in my package. Hardly front-loaded it at all. Never did with the I-129F either. From my understanding they would want to see that at the interview. Now I know why my package was 50 pages to all your 300 pages. To each their own. LOL

Better to prepare in advance then when you receive your interview notice.  Mine was under 300 pages.  No RFE so far.  If you submit them early with the application then less documents to worry about and less to carry to the interview .

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey people. I had my biometrics last week on Tuesday and today my case now says ready to he scheduled for interview. What does this mean? It's only the i485 that's says this. The other 2 case numbers are biometrics recieved and case recieved. Did anyone get any mail from this to confirm it?

Ps I'm an April filer and just wanted to know what happens after this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, poh said:

Good luck

You don't need to include any photographs of weddings at this point. You did that for k1. There's nothing in any of the forms that say you have to include things to show real relationship. That's for the interview. I know people who did not include anything like that and they got approved. Marriage certificate is sufficient at this point until interview

Hi everybody,

I just received my greencard and wanted to share my experience as it might be useful for some of you!

Filed from K1 on January 8th

AOS interview May 5th

Greencard received May 16th

Interview went well but officer said that my K1 medical exam was expired and I needed a new one. I told her it was supposed to be good for 1 year (I had the exam in October 2017 and it expired 6 months after in April 2018, right before my interview). She insisted that the medical exam for K1 and AOS are different and I would need to take another one. She was going to double check with her supervisor but it was likely that I will receive an RFE. I told her I saw that 1 year rule on a form and she asked what form, but at the time I didn't remember.

We left the interview and my husband was a bit mad because I should have known better and I should have done the medical! I argued that if I didn't think I had to do another medical exam, it was for a reason (as I did a lot of research on this entire process)! So I dug around, remembered, and found the official instructions on form I-693 stating that K1 visa holders with a medical exam less than 1 year old do NOT need to take it again. (see page 7 on official instructions: 3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?).

I showed it to my husband and he told me to go back, find the officer and show her that document (we were already back home at that point!). I didn't think arguing with the officer would be a good idea, but I also didn't want to wait another 2 months without working and spend another $400 on a medical exam I didn't need. So I printed the forms, went back to the building ready to wait and catch the officer between 2 interviews. I got lucky as she was finishing up an interview right when I stepped into the room! She saw me and asked what I was doing back here, so I asked her if she would take 2 minutes to talk to me when she got a chance. She told me to wait a moment, she finished with the couple and was ready to see me. She said her supervisor confirmed that I needed another medical exam, so I showed her the official instructions explaining why I didn't take another one and that I was a bit confused. She read it and said that she agreed with me but she would have to double check with her supervisor and that he would be the one deciding. I left feeling like at least I tried everything! She was also very nice and understanding.

Few days later my case was approved with no RFE and I received my greencard yesterday!

It does seem like USCIS officers AND supervisors are not aware of all the rules, so don't be afraid to have backup documents with you and (nicely) argue your case! It saved me 2 months of waiting and $400!

Hope this helps! Good luck to you all!

11 hours ago, poh said:

Better to prepare in advance then when you receive your interview notice.  Mine was under 300 pages.  No RFE so far.  If you submit them early with the application then less documents to worry about and less to carry to the interview .

I suppose that is one way to look at it. LOL They barely looked at our evidence at the K-1 Interview and the lady said in the few questions she asked me I can see how in love you are with him by the way you talk. I have not had an RFE yet and they do not ask for evidence up front for the I-485. I gave them exactly what was asked for and nothing more. I don't mind taking evidence to the interview and already have it sitting in my Immigration File in my husbands filing cabinet. To each their own right. :D My opinion is it is not needed but that is my opinion. You all have your own and can do what you want. That is what makes us all unique and fun that we are individuals with our own minds. 

Part of me wonders if that is what backs us all up the huge applications front loaded. ;)  heh heh 

11 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey people. I had my biometrics last week on Tuesday and today my case now says ready to he scheduled for interview. What does this mean? It's only the i485 that's says this. The other 2 case numbers are biometrics recieved and case recieved. Did anyone get any mail from this to confirm it?

Ps I'm an April filer and just wanted to know what happens after this?

Nah no mail. Its just wait and see. It will take 4-7 months for EAD and AP probably. I got my approval at 140 days last week for my EAD. :)

Basically just wait and see. Mine has been Ready to schedule since February. :) Every field office has different wait times for the AOS interview. Some are fast fast and some are slow slow. My office in Denver is slow slow so I do not expect an interview until next February. If I get one earlier I will be one happy camper. LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.