pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Same for me except the weird message that still shows up amd days that interview is canceled. It was never scheduled lol. I even got info pass and went to see what the deal was and they said that it was erroneously scheduled too early and they canceled it. They don't even have my file in the field office yet so I guess I am in for a long wait. My office is supposed to be quick but it is not...

I see you're at the Raleigh field office as well!! I also got the interview is canceled and never scheduled interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, bracy said:

I see you're at the Raleigh field office as well!! I also got the interview is canceled and never scheduled interview!

That is kind of ridiculous! When did you file?

Timeline
Just now, bracy said:

sent it in on Jan 22, received noa1 on Feb 2. RFE around mid march. and got that interview canceled message on apr 20

Our timelines are pretty similar. my PD date is Jan 19th. No RFEs, expedited my EAD and got approved on March 1st and I got interview canceled notice on April 23rd. I have not heard anything since then. In the USCIS office they told me that NBC scheduled interview and then they thought it was too early for me to have it so they canceled it. They also said that my file is not with them (field office) so I am not sure how interview could be scheduled without the file even being at your field office. At any rate, I think my file is sitting somewhere on the bottom of the box accumulating dust until later this year.

Timeline

Did you book your infopass appointment via the website?/how were you able to book an appointment to get more info? I had called them but I think the officer just did what I normally do which is check every possible site for any updates. But congrats on your EAD! I just hope I get it before mid summer for anything at this point.

26 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

That is kind of ridiculous! When did you file?

Hey, also a Raleigh filer (Feb 2018). I haven't had a 'interview cancelled' notification like you two have but was just wondering if you have been getting the user defined error on your case tracker at all?  

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Timeline
3 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Hey, also a Raleigh filer (Feb 2018). I haven't had a 'interview cancelled' notification like you two have but was just wondering if you have been getting the user defined error on your case tracker at all?  

Nope, I never got one. I did want it though after seeing many people getting interviews shortly after it haha :D 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, S*UK said:

I have it and reported it online, but just received an automated response

4 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Nope, I never got one. I did want it though after seeing many people getting interviews shortly after it haha :D 

1 minute ago, bracy said:

I have it and reported it online, but just received an automated response

Hmm. I've had the user defined error since the beginning of April. The DHS site still says biometrics review complete since the beginning of April. I hope our field office picks up the pace soon. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

12 hours ago, twoDs said:

Talk about depressing, I went to the USCIS processing time site to check on AP times.

They have a case inquiry cut-off date, if you filed before it you're past the normal processing time and can file an inquiry.

A month ago it was December 13th.

They updated it today to December 17th. They moved four days in a month.

Still nothing on EAD, AP or the AOS since we did biometrics in January. We're coming up on 7 months since wifey has been able to see her mother. :angry:

Well you guys are near my Date and I got approved last week. I sure hope yours is coming. I was lucky that my Mum could come visit me a few weeks ago. Was only for a few days but it refueled me greatly. We both cried like babies when I dropped her off at the security line at the airport though. My Mum is my best friend so I totally can understand what your wife is going through. I got my fingers crossed you both will be approved this week. HUGS.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, bracy said:

Did you book your infopass appointment via the website?/how were you able to book an appointment to get more info? I had called them but I think the officer just did what I normally do which is check every possible site for any updates. But congrats on your EAD! I just hope I get it before mid summer for anything at this point.

I did book it online. You have to go to the website between 12:00AM and 3AM to get it. It will give you appointment date 2 week in the future.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

Well you guys are near my Date and I got approved last week. I sure hope yours is coming. I was lucky that my Mum could come visit me a few weeks ago. Was only for a few days but it refueled me greatly. We both cried like babies when I dropped her off at the security line at the airport though. My Mum is my best friend so I totally can understand what your wife is going through. I got my fingers crossed you both will be approved this week. HUGS.

Hi Pajobra, 

Did you get your EAD approved with your AP or was it only the EAD?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Our timelines are pretty similar. my PD date is Jan 19th. No RFEs, expedited my EAD and got approved on March 1st and I got interview canceled notice on April 23rd. I have not heard anything since then. In the USCIS office they told me that NBC scheduled interview and then they thought it was too early for me to have it so they canceled it. They also said that my file is not with them (field office) so I am not sure how interview could be scheduled without the file even being at your field office. At any rate, I think my file is sitting somewhere on the bottom of the box accumulating dust until later this year.

Hey, I'm an April 2018 filer at the Raleigh office, and I got the 'Interview Canceled' update on the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ site which was dated 5/15/18. Looks like something's going on at the Raleigh office...

Timeline
12 minutes ago, donsun said:

Hey, I'm an April 2018 filer at the Raleigh office, and I got the 'Interview Canceled' update on the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ site which was dated 5/15/18. Looks like something's going on at the Raleigh office...

That is interesting. Do you have your biometrics done yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

That is interesting. Do you have your biometrics done yet?

Yep biometrics completed 5/4. Just to note, I never got the 'finished biometrics' update. Mine went straight from 'received biometrics fee' to 'waiting for interview to be scheduled', and now 'interview canceled'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.