pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2018 at 7:07 PM, Marta Proniagina said:

oh I see....medical in nebraska is 600-700 :( I'd suggest not to do it before the interview and wait for the officer to ask for it. maybe he'll let you pass with the original one. the uscis website says their processing time is up to 15 months. uhhhhhh, so i guess i'm with you on this one

Lexington, NE does them for less that $400 :)

Hey everyone!! Congrats on everyone who has gotten approved!! 

Our interview is next Wednesday and I'm pretty nervous since he and I have a big age gap. I submitted a TON of documents (statements, photos, etc) with our original application, and I was wondering if we needed to bring all of those same photos and documents to the interview?

Also, to everyone who got approved, what questions were you asked?

1 hour ago, Pandalion said:

Only K1 are getting interviewed for their GC that’s what I noticed for the last 3 months 

I have seen B2 as well.
It's fully random as it seems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Journey to Wells said:

Hey everyone!! Congrats on everyone who has gotten approved!! 

Our interview is next Wednesday and I'm pretty nervous since he and I have a big age gap. I submitted a TON of documents (statements, photos, etc) with our original application, and I was wondering if we needed to bring all of those same photos and documents to the interview?

Also, to everyone who got approved, what questions were you asked?

I believe the more docs you bring, the better it is. You never know how your IO will be.

We came overprepared and we brought almost the same docs that we filed for AOS (bank statements, joint lease, health, life and auto insurances, even credit card - he didn't take the copies). We brought some pics that we had already filed with the package but some new ones with trips or other pics including family and friends).

He asked the questions on form I-485, our story, what my hubby did for living. Just simple questions. 

Good luck next Wednesday @Journey to Wells! :)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I have seen B2 as well.
It's fully random as it seems.

I’m adjusting my status from F1 haven’t gotten my EAD yet and I’m on my day 100

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Journey to Wells said:

Lexington, NE does them for less that $400 :)

We live near York, Ne. it's a 2 hours drive :(
but if we have to do another medical, i'll think about it. Thank you very much!
have you done it yourself there,btw?

20 minutes ago, Pandalion said:

I’m adjusting my status from F1 haven’t gotten my EAD yet and I’m on my day 100

I'm adjusting from K1 and got my EAD after 136 days without expediting.
I know from at least one B2 adjusting in my area here, later than me and already having an interview.

So... either they work backwards or - more likely - its 100% random.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I know from at least one B2 adjusting in my area here, later than me and already having an interview.

Most of whom I've seen gotten gc or interviews are k-1 just a couple others but i honestly think they pull from a hat! I'm h2b and haven't heard anything since bio 😏

5 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

This is great news. Right? And I think it’s fast for some of January filers. GC is better. 

It is not a good news for people starting a job, and waiting for the EAD. GC requires interview, and it may take few rounds and times for them to review, even after the interview.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I concur plain random, I know at least 2 from January in my area that are adjusting from B2, 1 or 2 person from F1 visas got approved for GC already too, and the rest K1s. I am going for the backwards theory seeing how they already approved my AP sent in March vs my EAD sent in January

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

19 hours ago, pajobra said:

Thanks everyone. :) My husband is like we should go out for supper and celebrate when I get home. Me being the practical one said no you work tomorrow so I will have supper on the table for you when you get home as usual. LOL I am making us homemade burgers with homemade baked french fries and salad. :) 

Im so happy for you, I cant wait to get mine and for Nouchigan too we/ve been here for a while now. U go celebrate and may many more great things come along.

3 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

UPDATE:

What a way to  start your day by getting an email from USCIS that your card has been mailed today yahoooo!!!!!! :jest: (bizarre though because all the updates I received from them is from 5:38 am and 5:48 am. I didn't know that they update cases that early ;))

I also checked our mailbox and saw another letter from NBC (I-797) another yahooooo moment :jest: 

Congratulations to @pajobra for getting your EAD/AP card. 

Just my EAD as I did not apply for AP. I have now though. :P Silly me didn't think I would bother but then I figured the wait is so long I should. I went shopping today to get dress pants and a few nice tops so I have stuff for interviews. :) I needed some new nice tops as most of my stuff is pretty worn. Thankfully my Mum gave me my birthday prezzie early which was money to buy clothes for work. My birthday isn't until next month. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, cpthk said:

It is not a good news for people starting a job, and waiting for the EAD. GC requires interview, and it may take few rounds and times for them to review, even after the interview.

Yeah! But think on the other side just after interview your case will be updated and some got their gc for just a week. Gc is permanent and ead you have to renew it as it expires. Just saying.😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, pajobra said:

I am crying so hard right now. I just got the approval email for my EAD. Today was day 140.

Fantastic News🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.