pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jdolvera said:

We sent proof to expedite AP last Saturday to the fax number provided by USCIS.

To anyone that has expedited -

Did you receive a confirmation fax/email that they received your fax?

How long did USCIS take to respond to your expedite request?

you may want to read this page, not sure if this guy's interpretation is accurate but...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Martella&T said:

you may want to read this page, not sure if this guy's interpretation is accurate but...

Thank you for the info!

I guess we'll wait it out; I'll post any updates. :)

On 5/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, jaybeltisroy said:

AOS from K1

PD - Jan 22,2018
Interview - May 7,2018
Field Office - New Orleans, Louisiana

Approved on the spot!!!

Interview was quick ( less than 10 mins)

The IO was very nice. She only asked me the following questions:

- My full legal name
- My parents name
- My hubby's name
- yes or no questions in the form I-485

Submitted the following documents: 

- Life and Health Insurance
- Property Document
- Joint bank account
- Marriage Certificate

Congrats!!!! 

Good news! Happy for you, guys!!! 

On 5/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, pajobra said:

Happy early Birthday!! :) Congrats on the interview. I am so jealous. I know I am gonna be waiting a year or longer for mine. By the time I get one you all will be long gone from this thread. LOL

Thank you so much, Becca!!!!! :jest:

That was quite a surprise for us as well. I though they sent me my EAD/AP :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys!

We just came back from our interview in Phoenix, AZ.

It was pretty fast; it took us around 45min in total since the time we arrived.

Our interview was scheduled for 1:15PM and we arrived 1:10PM. We went through security and checked in. Got my picture taken and index fingers scanned around 1:20PM. About 4min later we got called for the interview. The IO was a very nice gentleman.

Once we got in his room and explained all the procedure and how the interview was going to be.

He first asked us for our passports and my SS card, then the I-485 questions and some regular stuff like full name, maiden name, address, telephone number, and also my hubby's info (DOB, city where he was born). After that I had to sign the I-485 form that I had sent with my application. He also said that the GC interviews for the Phoenix office are taking 1 year after applying so we were lucky.

Then he asked us to tell him our story and he was writing the important facts on a piece of paper. After that he asked if we brought any documents to show him, and we showed him a bunch of docs (joint bank account, joint lease, life, auto and health insurance, copies of boarding passes, hotel/Airbnb, passport stamps) and pictures we've taken with family and friends and of our wedding day. He went through the pictures very quickly and asked a few questions about them. We also brought the wedding cards we received but he said he didn't need to see it since we had so much already.

He then told us I would receive the card in the mail in 2-3 weeks and if I didn't receive it in 30 days, I'd have to schedule an InfoPass to see what was going on.

I asked him in the end about my SS Card and he said I'd have to go to the SS Office with my GC and ask for a new one with my married name and without saying it was needed for work with the DHS authorization.

He congratulated us and wished us luck! We were out of there at 1:55PM!

I have already received a text message and an email about the change in my case status. Now it says "Card Production".

I wish you all good luck and stay positive! ;)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, jdolvera said:

Thank you for the info!

I guess we'll wait it out; I'll post any updates. :)

You might wanna try the egov.uscis.gov tracker and check over there. I expedited my ead on thursday by phone, on friday i sent them a fax and they updated my status on saturday that they received it but i found out today cause they didnt send me No email or nothing. When I checked the tracker I just to of curious clicked at my i-765 case and checked the details and timeline and it showed me 3 updates and informed that it was sent to the immigration Officer. So you might wanna check that if you want. The status don’t show the update though, you have to click in it and scroll down for details.

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gslice said:

Im January 2nd NOA as well. Biometrics done and haven’t heard anything since. I was hoping this extended processing time meant we were bypassing the interview. However hearing others with January 2nd problems is very distressing.  Someone from January 5th hasn’t even had biometrics. 

First week of january seems to be to be a bad date to have. My assumption is we either landed on someone’s desk who got sick or died or we are at the bottom of this years stack as previously mentioned.   I see EADs normal processing times for us end in June. So by then we

might be able to follow up. I hear others have had luck with writing comptrollers and elected officials to push things through. 

We in the same boat Im a Jan 2nd filer too

11 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

My case just got approved today finally. 2 weeks after the interview. Got the email that says card is in production :jest:

Does anybody know how long it takes to have the card in hand in the mailbox lol ( ive heard one 1 week after?) 

Congrats! Yeah it’ll be at least a week. You’ll first get the i-797 soon and the green card a few days after. 

Edited by Jakk

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

If I want to expedite my case, is it better to call the USCIS line or should I just walk in into my local field office and see if there is an available time to meet with an officer?

I will be bringing my evidence of employer letter and letter saying why I need to expedite it. 

My NOA1 has a received date of January 11th and havent heard anything yet. I filed for AOS/EAD/AP. Im going crazy. 

Thank you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

My case just got approved today finally. 2 weeks after the interview. Got the email that says card is in production :jest:

Does anybody know how long it takes to have the card in hand in the mailbox lol ( ive heard one 1 week after?) 

congrats  Laura...... I am still hoping for the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 07/05/2018 at 1:03 PM, jaybeltisroy said:

AOS from K1

PD - Jan 22,2018
Interview - May 7,2018
Field Office - New Orleans, Louisiana

Approved on the spot!!!

Interview was quick ( less than 10 mins)

The IO was very nice. She only asked me the following questions:

- My full legal name
- My parents name
- My hubby's name
- yes or no questions in the form I-485

Submitted the following documents: 

- Life and Health Insurance
- Property Document
- Joint bank account
- Marriage Certificate

Hey I'm an April filer for AOS and just snooping on here to see how many people have had their interviews yet. Congrats! I just had my biometrics today in New Orleans! :)

So it didn't take you very long for your interview! That's awesome. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey I'm an April filer for AOS and just snooping on here to see how many people have had their interviews yet. Congrats! I just had my biometrics today in New Orleans! :)

So it didn't take you very long for your interview! That's awesome. :)

When was your biometrics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.