pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, pajobra said:

Happy early Birthday!! :) Congrats on the interview. I am so jealous. I know I am gonna be waiting a year or longer for mine. By the time I get one you all will be long gone from this thread. LOL

Pretty sure I will still be here.....

I have one of the fastest offices but I got jack so far. Luck....mine...:rolleyes:

If you need a shoulder let me know  (I was making twice as much income last year when I was waiting on the k1.... and now...well....now I'm not)

Stay strong. I'm sending my best wishes to you :wub:

1 minute ago, janet3 said:

Pretty sure I will still be here.....

I have one of the fastest offices but I got jack so far. Luck....mine...:rolleyes:

If you need a shoulder let me know  (I was making twice as much income last year when I was waiting on the k1.... and now...well....now I'm not)

Stay strong. I'm sending my best wishes to you :wub:

Thanks so much Janet. Well if I remember right you waited forever for your NOA2 for the K-1. Ugh on making not much now. I know if I can work we will be fine. I could go work at the same place as my husband but I would prefer the library. But beggars can't be choosers and if that is where I have to go first before I can get my dream job then all be. I could also walk into any Subway Restaurant likely and work. I worked for Subway in Canada for almost 8 years. Most of it being an Assistant Manager but I am sooooo over food service. LOL Come on EAD.....where are you???? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Thanks so much Janet. Well if I remember right you waited forever for your NOA2 for the K-1. Ugh on making not much now. I know if I can work we will be fine. I could go work at the same place as my husband but I would prefer the library. But beggars can't be choosers and if that is where I have to go first before I can get my dream job then all be. I could also walk into any Subway Restaurant likely and work. I worked for Subway in Canada for almost 8 years. Most of it being an Assistant Manager but I am sooooo over food service. LOL Come on EAD.....where are you???? 

It's rough....and the stir crazy and not being able to work is awful too.... plus the "not being able to leave the country" thing.....ugggghhhh. 

Hopefully it will come soon! 

24 minutes ago, janet3 said:

It's rough....and the stir crazy and not being able to work is awful too.... plus the "not being able to leave the country" thing.....ugggghhhh. 

Hopefully it will come soon! 

Yeah I only applied for my AP a few weeks ago. I originally thought I did not need it til GC but then my grandpa got really sick. He is ok now but fading so it won't be long. He is 96 though and had lived a long and full life. My Mum came and visited me a week ago for a few days. That really helped my homesickness but taking her back to the airport was hard. We both cried like babies when we hugged before I left her at security. lol

Hi everyone!

Hope  everything is going well :) (my apologies in advance- i am a March filer but ask this question to January thread since I believe January filers would experience this first) 

Just heard that USCIS started a secure delivery service for EAD, greencard, so we would need to sign in person when we get those mails. We live in a condo building (we have a front desk concierge), and worried if I need to fill out the forms for designated recipients on behalf of me. Can you guys shed some lights on this? 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-begin-using-more-secure-mail-delivery-service

58 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

AOS from K1

PD - Jan 22,2018
Interview - May 7,2018
Field Office - New Orleans, Louisiana

Approved on the spot!!!

Interview was quick ( less than 10 mins)

The IO was very nice. She only asked me the following questions:

- My full legal name
- My parents name
- My hubby's name
- yes or no questions in the form I-485

Submitted the following documents: 

- Life and Health Insurance
- Property Document
- Joint bank account
- Marriage Certificate

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Candy12345 said:

Hi everyone!

Hope  everything is going well :) (my apologies in advance- i am a March filer but ask this question to January thread since I believe January filers would experience this first) 

Just heard that USCIS started a secure delivery service for EAD, greencard, so we would need to sign in person when we get those mails. We live in a condo building (we have a front desk concierge), and worried if I need to fill out the forms for designated recipients on behalf of me. Can you guys shed some lights on this? 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-begin-using-more-secure-mail-delivery-service

•  

Wow, I didn't know about that! Thanks for bringing it up!
I live in an apartment complex so this would affect me as well.

If you don't trust the front desk people to receive these documents on your behalf, I'd do as the website says and ask USPS to "hold for pickup".

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

2 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Wow, I didn't know about that! Thanks for bringing it up!
I live in an apartment complex so this would affect me as well.

If you don't trust the front desk people to receive these documents on your behalf, I'd do as the website says and ask USPS to "hold for pickup".

Yup i think holding for pickup is a great way to deal with this. 

However, this delivery will start for the returned delivery first. It says they will expand to all documents but did not mention a specific date. So i assume that we will get another notice once that is happening? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Candy12345 said:

Yup i think holding for pickup is a great way to deal with this. 

However, this delivery will start for the returned delivery first. It says they will expand to all documents but did not mention a specific date. So i assume that we will get another notice once that is happening? 

I hope so! Or they will just post on the USCIS website. 🤔

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello peeps,

USCIS will never cease to amaze me. I saw a letter from NBC on my Informed delivery this morning, I was surprised and excited (no email or text msgs updates from both websites were received).

I was hoping that it would be either the approval for my EAD or the letter for the interview.

So I check the egov webiste, it still shows Case received for EAD in January and AP in March, and they received my response to the RFIE late February: nothing new it has been like that for 2 months now.

I check the DHS website and I see that only the AP was approved. Doesnt make sense but I am thinking let me wait for the mail, hopefully both approvals for EAD and AP would be there. Sometimes Informed Delivery doesnt send you all the pictures of the mail you are expecting.

I get the mail in the afternoon and guess what? It is just the approval for my Travel document. What???! Just to clarify when I applied in January I didnt apply for AP, I applied just for the EAD, but seeing the processing times I thought let me apply for the AP just in case. So the AP was delivered on March 8th, and now less than 2 months later it is approved but no news on EAD.

I called but they gave me the usual BS that Im still within processing times yada yada yada, so I told the agent yes I know Im still within processing times, but why an application sent less than 2 months ago is approved and the one sent in January is unanswered? The agent couldnt give me an answer and was also surprised. He couldnt transfer me to a L2 officer because it was late in the afternoon. He said they have a new system now so he couldnt put in a request for call back. The best way to reach a L2 is either call early in the morning or on Thursdays and Fridays they are less busy.

So I will try again tomorrow morning and Thursday, if I dont get an answer I have an Infopass scheduled for next Tuesday.

I am really starting to believe like I read on another thread that they just pull out the easy applications out of the most recent, approve it to get their stats up and dont follow the order or even bother checking if that person has other applications. They do according to their moods. Ugh Im so frustrated. Sorry for the long rant. I will keep yall posted once I talk to an officer.

This is incredible haha.

I filed both EAD and AP back in January 2 and have yet to receive at least one.

We don't event care of the EAD at this point, just the AP because we have travels plans for next month. we should've filed separately. LOL. :(

Edited by jdolvera

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, jdolvera said:

This is incredible haha.

I filed both EAD and AP back in January 2 and have yet to receive at least one.

We don't event care of the EAD at this point, just the AP because we have travels plans for next month. we should've filed separately. LOL. :(

We're in the exact same same boat.

We have NOA1 for January 2 for all three (AP/EAD/AOS) and haven't heard a word on any of them outside of the biometrics we did for AOS back in January.

One of our fellow filers in my state should be having their AOS interview this week, and they have a NOA1 weeks after ours, crazy how different the schedules are!

We filed AP so wifey could visit her mom on her birthday. That was late April. Now I'm just hoping we have AP by June and losing confidence in that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We sent proof to expedite AP last Saturday to the fax number provided by USCIS.

To anyone that has expedited -

Did you receive a confirmation fax/email that they received your fax?

How long did USCIS take to respond to your expedite request?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, twoDs said:

We're in the exact same same boat.

Im January 2nd NOA as well. Biometrics done and haven’t heard anything since. I was hoping this extended processing time meant we were bypassing the interview. However hearing others with January 2nd problems is very distressing.  Someone from January 5th hasn’t even had biometrics. 

First week of january seems to be to be a bad date to have. My assumption is we either landed on someone’s desk who got sick or died or we are at the bottom of this years stack as previously mentioned.   I see EADs normal processing times for us end in June. So by then we

might be able to follow up. I hear others have had luck with writing comptrollers and elected officials to push things through. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.