pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, SKB2017 said:

Filed in December and got my i-130 NOA1 on January 5th 2018.  Since then, bupkiss....... Still waiting on the NOA2.

You haven’t done your biometrics ? 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

You haven’t done your biometrics ? 

No.  I'm still waiting to see if I'm approved or if they need more info.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Hey guys. Question: How do we replace the social security card after getting the green card? When I was under F1, my social security card says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" so I'm guessing this needs to be removed. The number would stay the same, though, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jakk said:

Hey guys. Question: How do we replace the social security card after getting the green card? When I was under F1, my social security card says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" so I'm guessing this needs to be removed. The number would stay the same, though, right?

Hi @Jakk!
Yes, the number will stay the same for the rest of your life. :)

And this was a question I had, and one person in the forum said that we should receive the new SS card two weeks later from receiving the GC if we marked that we wanted a new SS Card mailed to us (in form I-765). But I am not sure now. This person (I am sorry but I forgot who she/he was) also said that if we don't receive it in the mail, we can just go to the closest SS Office to request a new one.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

52 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hi @Jakk!
Yes, the number will stay the same for the rest of your life. :)

And this was a question I had, and one person in the forum said that we should receive the new SS card two weeks later from receiving the GC if we marked that we wanted a new SS Card mailed to us (in form I-765). But I am not sure now. This person (I am sorry but I forgot who she/he was) also said that if we don't receive it in the mail, we can just go to the closest SS Office to request a new one.

Cool, thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, bestofluck said:

You're gonna be fine! Good luck and try to Lyft or Uber there, parking is not easy. We Lyfted there. 

Thanks!! I just got back from my interview APPROVED! Everyone at the LA office from the security guard to the office staff is so nice and approachable. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys ,

Been away for a little while because of the death of my brother and  to keep my nerves down. Anyhoo , I must say expediting over the phone was a total waste of time because everyone had different answers that had me spinning so I trusted my guts and went to the field office in NYC.  IO was so nice and all he asked for was my supporting documents to back my expediate ( in my case , the death of my brother overseas) and he asked for our flight info .. I told him honestly I did not purchase a ticket because I was not sure they would allow me in or approve me because of the way the officers over the phone were speaking. He said understandable and that I had so much evidence to show him ( death certificate, funeral home letter, letter from my job giving me bereavement days and my tears lol )  and the passport pics with all my NOA receipts so it shouldn't be a problem.   It took me literally a hour and I was walking out with my hubby's documents.  While driving home, I get notices from uscis that my case has been approved on my ead and ap , I just laughed and said oh well ... 100 days to the record and all I can say is thank god and always trust your guts.

I don't think some and I say SOME of the IOs are that bad , you have some very good ones that will just listen and help . They will try to  help in every way possible and tell you what you need if something is missing. 

Anyways let me go prepare for my brother's funeral . It is bittersweet but Im just happy my husband will be right by my side as I lay a piece of my heart to rest.

I will pop in again to check on my fam bam here . Hang in there and have faith yall . :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/3/2018 at 5:33 PM, Julia80 said:

Wahoo! Got my “card was mailed” update! 😁😁😁😁😁😁

I am so worry, my status still says interview complete and must be reviewed :( 

3 hours ago, Kitty Anh said:

:( Try not to worry, I hope you’ll hear something soon. 

My card arrived this morning. I’m so relieved to have it in my hands. The I-797 arrived at the same time. They were really fast with the production! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kitty Anh said:

Hi Anh. Give it more time.  They must be checking something.   

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, sleu876 said:

Hey guys ,

Been away for a little while because of the death of my brother and  to keep my nerves down. Anyhoo , I must say expediting over the phone was a total waste of time because everyone had different answers that had me spinning so I trusted my guts and went to the field office in NYC.  IO was so nice and all he asked for was my supporting documents to back my expediate ( in my case , the death of my brother overseas) and he asked for our flight info .. I told him honestly I did not purchase a ticket because I was not sure they would allow me in or approve me because of the way the officers over the phone were speaking. He said understandable and that I had so much evidence to show him ( death certificate, funeral home letter, letter from my job giving me bereavement days and my tears lol )  and the passport pics with all my NOA receipts so it shouldn't be a problem.   It took me literally a hour and I was walking out with my hubby's documents.  While driving home, I get notices from uscis that my case has been approved on my ead and ap , I just laughed and said oh well ... 100 days to the record and all I can say is thank god and always trust your guts.

I don't think some and I say SOME of the IOs are that bad , you have some very good ones that will just listen and help . They will try to  help in every way possible and tell you what you need if something is missing. 

Anyways let me go prepare for my brother's funeral . It is bittersweet but Im just happy my husband will be right by my side as I lay a piece of my heart to rest.

I will pop in again to check on my fam bam here . Hang in there and have faith yall . :)

Hello,

My sincere condoleances for your brother's loss, may God give you and family strength to deal with it, safe travel to and back from your destination! Im glad the IO you met was understanding and helped you properly.

God bless

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello,

My sincere condoleances for your brother's loss, may God give you and family strength to deal with it, safe travel to and back from your destination! Im glad the IO you met was understanding and helped you properly.

God bless

Hey thank u hun :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, Journey to Wells said:

Hey guys!

Question: My husband's interview is May 10, HOWEVER, I didn't get this year's taxes filed (I don't owe anything--I'm owed a refund!) because some of my W-2's came back with an incorrect SS# and was hospitalized before my tax appointment :( So this year's taxes aren't filed yet and my husband doesn't have a ITIN or SS number yet. Will I have problems at the interview? I don't think that even if I hurried, I would get them done in time! Also, I have a cosponsor and I am bringing her most recent tax form.

My husband (USC) was part year resident with foreign income, and I had different sources of income from Canada (there's tax treaty between US and Canada). He filed an extension, but I ended up managing to file his tax in time before my interview yesterday. I was sooooo stressed for so many days when figuring out our tax situation. And the IO didn't even ask for any tax file. I think it really depends on the IO. I assume that an extension confirmation would do it! Good luck on the interview ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.