pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lafe4c said:

To the glory of God, I just recieved my green card. Good luck to everyone waiting. I hope you all receive good news as well

Yay! Congratulations! I hope mine is as quick! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi fellow VJlander’s,

Any AOS filers in Texas who has gotten work permit or Interview schedule yet? I filed in January and I’m yet to hear anything. I did an SR but it was never assigned to any officer. I even spoke with my congressman’s office to help expedite based on job offer but nothing came through. Do I expedite it myself based on job offer or I should just wait. It’s been 97 days now.

and Congratulations to all those who has gotten their interview dates, been to interview and has been successful and I also precongratulate all those waiting for good news. Bless y’all! 

I just want to share my experience during my aos interview to help some people get an idea what to expect during an interview. 

We arrived at our appointment 15mins early but our lawyer was late. I called him and he told me he’s coming and that i should calm down.lol. When he finally arrived he signed us in and we were called a few minutes after. 

Me and my wife brought a lot of stuff and put it on a big travelling bag.lol. As far as i can tell we were the only ones who had that big bag.lol We had 4 photo albums and tons of love letters. We had joint tax, joint lease, health insurance on both of our names, joint bill, joint rent receipts. We also brought all of my wife’s plastic cards (debit cards, costco card, employee card, insurance card, car registration, car title, car insurance) showing her name changed to mine. We also had a letter from her employer showing her income and 2017 joint tax. But our biggest evidence (i think) of our bonafide marriage was my wife’s ultrasound. She is currently 14weeks pregnant (one of the blessing we are having this year so far). 

We had a young very nice gentlemen that called us in. We went in to his nice office. He checked our identity by getting our ids and passports. He then took a photo of me and did fingerprints. After that he proceeded to ask for our evidences. Our lawyer gave him all the originals and photocopies of our evidences. He put at the top my wife’s ultrasound. He then questioned us some basic informations about each other and our family, making our answers match on what is written on our biographic data. After all these personal infos questions, he asked me some questions on i485. I answered no no no.lol. When he finished, he let me signed a letter showing that i did the interview and my case is under review. He did not even bother looking at our albums coz he told us it could easily be faked. He walked us out after. 

i think i was blessed to have a very nice IO and professional. He was firm of course yet kind. The interview felt like friends just hanging out. Our lawyer was especially helpful, he made me feel relax. He had a lot of side comments during our interview which the IO did not seem to mind.lol. 

I hope my short story could help some. Sorry if there’s some gramatical errors.

by the way, i overstayed and work illegally for 10 years but the IO seemed to not pay attention to it much. He only asked and verified if i worked illegally which of course i said YES YES YES! He only focused on the CRuX of my case which is my marriage to a US citizen. So am adding myself to the long list of people here who adjusted from being out of status and suceeded.  Thank you everyone. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, bestofluck said:

We arrived outside the LA USCIS office 45 mins early and waited about 15 mins to get in. The line moved fairly fast and it's only to get through security. We went up to 8th floor and handed in our interview letter to a reception window then sat in the waiting area. We waited for around 30-40 mins till the IO called my name. The IO lead us to the office area where there are at least 15 individual offices with full glass front, so you can see each couple or individual with their IOs.

The IO was very friendly, apologized for the wait and asked for our IDs, passports and my social security card which I got a few years ago. Asked us to sign a waiver for not having a lawyer present. Then the officer started with questions on the application package, full name, DOB, current and old address, yes and no questions. Then moved on to my partner with the same questions. 

After the questions from the forms, the officer asked us how, when, where we met; when did it go romantic; when we moved in together; when we decided to get married; did we meet each other's parents; who went to the wedding; am I working and when I started to work. All the questions were asked in a casual way. The office was chatting with us while asking us these questions. I feel like it was more like a "get to know you" instead of "questioning you" kind of situation. 

Then, the officer asked for joint documents, we gave the officer our joint bank statements, joint auto insurance, and joint tax return as well as some other bills with our separate names to prove we live together. I also gave the officer the updated medical form and my partner's birth certificate both original and copies. The office did not ask for any other documents.

After that, the officer asked us to pick a few photos from the photo album to keep in the file. The officer then left to make a few copies of our original documents and came back with a letter and stamped on it handed to me and welcomed me to the US. The officer explained how the two-year green card works and told me the card will arrive in about two weeks. 

Then we said goodbye but kept chatting for another 2-3 mins. 

My advice is to get all the paperwork very organized in a labeled folder for quick and clear access, be yourself, make friend (at least try) with the IO and Relax. 

Good luck again! I believe all of you waiting will get good news very soon!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! My husband and I are going to my interview tomorrow at LA office. Hope it goes as smooth as yours :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Qohelet said:

I just want to share my experience during my aos interview to help some people get an idea what to expect during an interview. 

We arrived at our appointment 15mins early but our lawyer was late. I called him and he told me he’s coming and that i should calm down.lol. When he finally arrived he signed us in and we were called a few minutes after. 

Me and my wife brought a lot of stuff and put it on a big travelling bag.lol. As far as i can tell we were the only ones who had that big bag.lol We had 4 photo albums and tons of love letters. We had joint tax, joint lease, health insurance on both of our names, joint bill, joint rent receipts. We also brought all of my wife’s plastic cards (debit cards, costco card, employee card, insurance card, car registration, car title, car insurance) showing her name changed to mine. We also had a letter from her employer showing her income and 2017 joint tax. But our biggest evidence (i think) of our bonafide marriage was my wife’s ultrasound. She is currently 14weeks pregnant (one of the blessing we are having this year so far). 

We had a young very nice gentlemen that called us in. We went in to his nice office. He checked our identity by getting our ids and passports. He then took a photo of me and did fingerprints. After that he proceeded to ask for our evidences. Our lawyer gave him all the originals and photocopies of our evidences. He put at the top my wife’s ultrasound. He then questioned us some basic informations about each other and our family, making our answers match on what is written on our biographic data. After all these personal infos questions, he asked me some questions on i485. I answered no no no.lol. When he finished, he let me signed a letter showing that i did the interview and my case is under review. He did not even bother looking at our albums coz he told us it could easily be faked. He walked us out after. 

i think i was blessed to have a very nice IO and professional. He was firm of course yet kind. The interview felt like friends just hanging out. Our lawyer was especially helpful, he made me feel relax. He had a lot of side comments during our interview which the IO did not seem to mind.lol. 

I hope my short story could help some. Sorry if there’s some gramatical errors.

by the way, i overstayed and work illegally for 10 years but the IO seemed to not pay attention to it much. He only asked and verified if i worked illegally which of course i said YES YES YES! He only focused on the CRuX of my case which is my marriage to a US citizen. So am adding myself to the long list of people here who adjusted from being out of status and suceeded.  Thank you everyone. 

Congrats!

Can you please share to us where is your local office and you PD?

Thanks in advance.🙂

55 minutes ago, Danni_xo said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! My husband and I are going to my interview tomorrow at LA office. Hope it goes as smooth as yours :D

You're gonna be fine! Good luck and try to Lyft or Uber there, parking is not easy. We Lyfted there. 

4 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Congratulations!  That is awesome!  If you don't mind me asking, which status were you adjusting from?  Thanks in advance :).

From F1.

6 hours ago, bestofluck said:

We arrived outside the LA USCIS office 45 mins early and waited about 15 mins to get in. The line moved fairly fast and it's only to get through security. We went up to 8th floor and handed in our interview letter to a reception window then sat in the waiting area. We waited for around 30-40 mins till the IO called my name. The IO lead us to the office area where there are at least 15 individual offices with full glass front, so you can see each couple or individual with their IOs.

The IO was very friendly, apologized for the wait and asked for our IDs, passports and my social security card which I got a few years ago. Asked us to sign a waiver for not having a lawyer present. Then the officer started with questions on the application package, full name, DOB, current and old address, yes and no questions. Then moved on to my partner with the same questions. 

After the questions from the forms, the officer asked us how, when, where we met; when did it go romantic; when we moved in together; when we decided to get married; did we meet each other's parents; who went to the wedding; am I working and when I started to work. All the questions were asked in a casual way. The office was chatting with us while asking us these questions. I feel like it was more like a "get to know you" instead of "questioning you" kind of situation. 

Then, the officer asked for joint documents, we gave the officer our joint bank statements, joint auto insurance, and joint tax return as well as some other bills with our separate names to prove we live together. I also gave the officer the updated medical form and my partner's birth certificate both original and copies. The office did not ask for any other documents.

After that, the officer asked us to pick a few photos from the photo album to keep in the file. The officer then left to make a few copies of our original documents and came back with a letter and stamped on it handed to me and welcomed me to the US. The officer explained how the two-year green card works and told me the card will arrive in about two weeks. 

Then we said goodbye but kept chatting for another 2-3 mins. 

My advice is to get all the paperwork very organized in a labeled folder for quick and clear access, be yourself, make friend (at least try) with the IO and Relax. 

Good luck again! I believe all of you waiting will get good news very soon!

My online status just changed to case is approved and Card in production.

35 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

My online status just changed to case is approved and Card in production.

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed in December and got my i-130 NOA1 on January 5th 2018.  Since then, bupkiss....... Still waiting on the NOA2.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.