pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

I have incoming gc interview this month, I had my medical last Sept.2017.  Do I need to re do my medical? I’m currently adjusting from k1. Thank you!

I had my medical July 2017 and interview was yesterday and was fine. On my medical it says 6 months but the rules on the USCIS website state 1 year so you don’t need a new medical unless you are missing anything, such as required vaccinations. If on your vaccination copy it is signed as “complete” at the bottom you are good to go. There’s actually a link on here somewhere to the USCIS rules regarding medicals. I took a copy of that with me just in case but it wasn’t necessary. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Julia80 said:

I had my medical July 2017 and interview was yesterday and was fine. On my medical it says 6 months but the rules on the USCIS website state 1 year so you don’t need a new medical unless you are missing anything, such as required vaccinations. If on your vaccination copy it is signed as “complete” at the bottom you are good to go. There’s actually a link on here somewhere to the USCIS rules regarding medicals. I took a copy of that with me just in case but it wasn’t necessary. 

I checked my DS3025, my medical and required vaccinations are checked complete. Thank you! Can you send me a link of the uscis rules?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Maybe somebody came across this problem. We got an RFE for green card application because of taxes of my husband for the last year. (we didn’t have enough salary in one of the forms cause he worked a few months and changed his job) 

so the question is joint sponsor files taxes with her husband. What to do?

we have got an rfe and need a co sponsor now. My mother in law agreed to be one for us but the thing is she files her taxes with her husband. Will her husband be a co sponsor now too? Does he have to fill out any forms and what form would my mother in law fill out now? Thank you for respond 

Timeline

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Maybe somebody came across this problem. We got an RFE for green card application because of taxes of my husband for the last year. (we didn’t have enough salary in one of the forms cause he worked a few months and changed his job) 

we have got an rfe and need a co sponsor now. My mother in law agreed to be one for us but the thing is she files her taxes with her husband. Will her husband be a co sponsor now too? Does he have to fill out any forms and what form would my mother in law fill out now? Thank you for respond 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Julia and Wojtek said:

Her husband needs to fill the contract Form I-864A as a household member and not the intending immigrant since they filed their tax jointly.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Her husband needs to fill the contract Form I-864A as a household member and not the intending immigrant since they filed their tax jointly.

So basically she needs to put his name in affidavit of support when she’s gonna fill it out ?

thank you a lot!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Julia and Wojtek said:

So basically she needs to put his name in affidavit of support when she’s gonna fill it out ?

thank you a lot!

Yes, and he really needs to fill out and sign the contract form I-864A else your response will be rejected again and adjudication of your case will be made based on submitted response

Edited by simonvikih79

Timeline
3 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Yes, and he really needs to fill out and sign the contract form I-864A else your response will be rejected again and adjudication of case will be made based on the response submitted 

Sorry, I’m just a little bit confused and nervous cause of RFE. So as long as I get it we would need from mother in law to fill out new affidavit of support (put her husband as a household member) , attach her passport and all her taxes + attach the contract form I-864 from her husband (since they have taxes together) 

but what sponsor and her husband need to put in forms as total income in both of those forms? (Affidavit of support and contract form) Since they fill their taxes jointly  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Hi, have you had any update online yet?mine updated last night at almost 10pm saying “interview completed and case must be reviewed”. I was hoping for some news today but nothing yet 😬

No, mine is still the same. Mine usually update at 10am 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 hours ago, reckenrode said:

Checked my wife’s AoS status tonight. She had her interview Friday, but this morning it was still just showing that the interview was scheduled. Well, now it’s showing that her card is being produced! :D

Congratulation. I had the same interview date with your wife but Friday afternoon, my status online is still showing the same interview complete and case review :( 

10 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

I checked my DS3025, my medical and required vaccinations are checked complete. Thank you! Can you send me a link of the uscis rules?

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html#S-C-4

Here it is, part 4. 

Hello Guy's

Just curious I asked about 2 weeks ago My Local office is NYC .I have had the validation error since april 7th and My wife is being requested for an interview has anyone gotten interview date for NYC local office that has had the error. I definitely know its do to high volume since its in NYC but was just curious. 

Thanks in advance hope every one is having a blessed day :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.