pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Still waiting to be scheduled. I've not heard a peep since September 2017. That's why I find it so odd that a lot of 2018 filers are getting their interview notices. 

Try calling them and talk to aT2 to get the status of ur case. It maybe popping into local office

Just now, Stt said:

Try calling them and talk to aT2 to get the status of ur case. It maybe popping into local office

Spoke to a tier 2 officer this morning, unfortunately they jut said 'within standard processing times'. When I asked how that could be since people who filed six months after me going through the exact same field office have been approved already - they didn't have an answer. 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
53 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Happy New Month folks! May this new month bring us tons of good news about our documents! And to those of us with the notorious “user- defined error(s),” may we receive our interview notices and may our interviews be a success story!:)

Amen. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Spoke to a tier 2 officer this morning, unfortunately they jut said 'within standard processing times'. When I asked how that could be since people who filed six months after me going through the exact same field office have been approved already - they didn't have an answer. 

I pray that some good news come our way soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

Just curious on how you were able to speak to a tier 2 officer? I called a few times but can't see to get a live person?

Just now, bracy said:

Just curious on how you were able to speak to a tier 2 officer? I called a few times but can't see to get a live person?

You have to call their automated number, hit '1-1-2' on the automated menus - then you'll get through to an agent, request to talk to a tier 2 from there. 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

16 hours ago, lafe4c said:

Same here, got the approval notice today. Just got the message that my card has been mailed

Yay! Congrats all!

1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

Still waiting to be scheduled. I've not heard a peep since September 2017. That's why I find it so odd that a lot of 2018 filers are getting their interview notices. 

Oh man, that sucks. I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that. I’d be going stir crazy in your position. 😞 I hope you hear something soon. 

6 hours ago, Kitty Anh said:

Congratulation to both of you. Hope mine will be in a week or so. 

Hi, have you had any update online yet?mine updated last night at almost 10pm saying “interview completed and case must be reviewed”. I was hoping for some news today but nothing yet 😬

11 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

Oh man, that sucks. I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that. I’d be going stir crazy in your position. 😞 I hope you hear something soon. 

It was the norm 6 months ago. It isn’t just me who is in this position. There are so many of us from summer 2017 who just aren’t getting updates, if you go over to some of the June/July/August 2017 filers threads, there’s a lot of anger because it seems like we’ve been forgotten about 

3 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

It was the norm 6 months ago. It isn’t just me who is in this position. There are so many of us from summer 2017 who just aren’t getting updates, if you go over to some of the June/July/August 2017 filers threads, there’s a lot of anger because it seems like we’ve been forgotten about 

That’s what I would automatically jump to as well. It seems like a bunch of files got shoved to the bottom of the pile or something. I really feel for you, it must be so frustrating. I really do hope you get somewhere. Have you done an info-pass thing?

Just now, Julia80 said:

That’s what I would automatically jump to as well. It seems like a bunch of files got shoved to the bottom of the pile or something. I really feel for you, it must be so frustrating. I really do hope you get somewhere. Have you done an info-pass thing?

Attempted it but there’s never any appointments available for our local office. I submitted a case with the Ombudsman. It’s nothing personal when I say there’s a lot of frustration - I am actually happy for the people who are getting approved, it just sucks when you see people going through your field office who filed 6/7 months after you 

4 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Attempted it but there’s never any appointments available for our local office. I submitted a case with the Ombudsman. It’s nothing personal when I say there’s a lot of frustration - I am actually happy for the people who are getting approved, it just sucks when you see people going through your field office who filed 6/7 months after you 

Definitely, I completely understand how you must feel. I know how I’ve felt the last 6 months since our wedding, not knowing if it will be fast or not, wanting to visit home but not knowing if I can or not so for you to still be on a hook after so long is awful. Again, I truly hope you get somewhere soon. 

Just now, Julia80 said:

Definitely, I completely understand how you must feel. I know how I’ve felt the last 6 months since our wedding, not knowing if it will be fast or not, wanting to visit home but not knowing if I can or not so for you to still be on a hook after so long is awful. Again, I truly hope you get somewhere soon. 

The thing is I’m not gonna leave the country on advance parole, I’ve just read too many horror stories. And I don’t like the asterix on the bottom of the USCIS page about it saying re-entry is at the discretion of the CBP officer. So until I get the green card I’m not gonna leave the US. So it’s just an added worry. 

2 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

The thing is I’m not gonna leave the country on advance parole, I’ve just read too many horror stories. And I don’t like the asterix on the bottom of the USCIS page about it saying re-entry is at the discretion of the CBP officer. So until I get the green card I’m not gonna leave the US. So it’s just an added worry. 

I think I would risk it but that’s because I have my brother’s wedding in September. If I don’t get my GC soon I’m going to have to expedite my AP. I filed 104 days ago and not a peep regarding that. The IO at our interview looked at it and although she doesn’t work that department, said that it hadn’t been looked at. It’s a good job I don’t need to work to survive right now otherwise we’d be screwed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.