pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Seems like it went ok. I have mine on Monday. I feel better now that you asked about the employment based notification!

I wish you luck :)

10 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Congratulations! I have my interview on Monday. I am hoping for a quick approval!

Good luck! It’ll go great. My husband forgot our wedding date and I still got approved so it shouldn’t be too hard. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Congratulations! I have my interview on Monday. I am hoping for a quick approval!

Good luck on Monday, Julia80!

I have my interview in 10 days!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

1 hour ago, Jakk said:

Good luck! It’ll go great. My husband forgot our wedding date and I still got approved so it shouldn’t be too hard. 

I’m half expecting my hubby to forget everything! I’m usually pretty good under pressure but I’m started to get a bit fidgety now! 

1 minute ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Good luck on Monday, Julia80!

I have my interview in 10 days!

Thank you! I can’t believe I posted here that it was 9 days until my interview and now it’s on Monday. Those 10 days until yours will fly by! Sending good luck your way too! 😀😀

Timeline
Just now, Julia80 said:

I’m half expecting my hubby to forget everything! I’m usually pretty good under pressure but I’m started to get a bit fidgety now! 

My husband is very bad at remembering dates, but I've been preparing him to remember them. haha

AOS JOURNEY

ROC JOURNEY

So for our interview on Monday it’s going to be warm, like 70F. What would you suggest to wear for me and my hubby? We plan to spend the rest of the day in Chicago so don’t want to be too formal/hot but obviously don’t want to look too informal for the interview. 😩

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

So for our interview on Monday it’s going to be warm, like 70F. What would you suggest to wear for me and my hubby? We plan to spend the rest of the day in Chicago so don’t want to be too formal/hot but obviously don’t want to look too informal for the interview. 😩

Sorry but I laughed when you said it was going to be warm. LOL I guess for you guys that's warm. For us in AZ, it's already reaching the upper 90s so I have no clue what I am going to wear.

If I were you, I'd wear a casual dress with sandals or even ankle boots. I guess you wouldn't need a jacket or sweater to wear on top of your dress. :)

For your hubby, I'd suggest some cargo pants, a shirt and nice shoes (not sneakers!). My husband will probably wear something similar, but I'll let him wear dressy shorts because of the weather.

AOS JOURNEY

ROC JOURNEY

31 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

We wore button downs and slacks. I don’t think suits are necessary. Shorts wouldn’t be a good idea though. I don’t know about women but I’d imagine a nice spring dress would be fine.

28 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Sorry but I laughed when you said it was going to be warm. LOL I guess for you guys that's warm. For us in AZ, it's already reaching the upper 90s so I have no clue what I am going to wear.

If I were you, I'd wear a casual dress with sandals or even ankle boots. I guess you wouldn't need a jacket or sweater to wear on top of your dress. :)

For your hubby, I'd suggest some cargo pants, a shirt and nice shoes (not sneakers!). My husband will probably wear something similar, but I'll let him wear dressy shorts because of the weather.

Haha yes for a Brit that is tropical weather!! Beach time! Haha 

I was thinking a nice maxi summer dress and sandals for me and a short sleeve shirt for the hubby. He doesn’t really have any slacks or cargo pants but does have brand new fitted jeans so i think that will be ok with his nice shoes. 

Just now, Julia80 said:

I was thinking a nice maxi summer dress and sandals for me and a short sleeve shirt for the hubby. He doesn’t really have any slacks or cargo pants but does have brand new fitted jeans so i think that will be ok with his nice shoes. 

A short sleeve button down I mean. 

Oh and it’s been a very very cold winter up here in Chicago so 70 for Monday is a very welcome change! It was snowing when my aunt and uncle came to visit two weeks ago 😵

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

It was 50F yesterday at Columbus, my husband wore a blue T shirt with long trousers and I wore a white/black dress with white jacket. 

When I first came to here, felt cold at 60F but now I feel 60F is so warm :D. Compare with the weather in Saigon, Vietnam, it is always 80-90F everyday lol

Edited by Kitty Anh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.