pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am still waiting nothing from them yet...... I am just hoping for the best and assuming for the better (which will be request for further evidence)

On 4/20/2018 at 5:25 PM, Kateryna_I said:

Omg, somebody from Philly office got interview scheduled?! Can't believe in it. 

Our submitted date is February 6th and bio taken on March 6th. No notification yet ((( Getting crazy already sitting at home doing nothing :) 

Good luck, guys. 

Please write back how was your interview, what questions they will ask, etc. 

Thanks! 

Just an update - we got our interview notice yesterday (one week after the email) and we have an interview in the Philly office on May 29! Will update once it has been completed.

15 hours ago, nanaaalex said:

Just received our notice for the interview!! It's on May 29th in NYC

do you use informed delivery jus curious?? 

5 hours ago, mecco said:

I am still waiting nothing from them yet...... I am just hoping for the best and assuming for the better (which will be request for further evidence)

i had my interview on the 24th. on the 25th my i130 got approved, but for 485 i got an email they are asking for RFE and they have sent it and i know what it is about cuz she told me at the interview . kinda sucks because now have to wait some more for them to get RFE process it and sometimes it takes 3-4 months to get back to that rfe. good luck to u 

33 minutes ago, GioRod said:

do you use informed delivery jus curious?? 

I did. That's how I knew a letter from USCIS was coming but I didn't know what it was about until I opened it.

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Just now, nanaaalex said:

I did. That's how I knew a letter from USCIS was coming but I didn't know what it was about until I opened it.

MMMMM ok got it thanks I called for an update on my case I'm still being requested for interview (well my wife ) and they told me can take a few weeks before I get a date so I'm hoping soon. I guess NYC office is jammed packed compared to other places send out date rite away . Crossing fingers for good news soon for me and everyone else.

3 minutes ago, GioRod said:

MMMMM ok got it thanks I called for an update on my case I'm still being requested for interview (well my wife ) and they told me can take a few weeks before I get a date so I'm hoping soon. I guess NYC office is jammed packed compared to other places send out date rite away . Crossing fingers for good news soon for me and everyone else.

Yea I called too a week or so ago and they told me the same thing. It's me and my husband that has to be present at the interview, we're a k1 visa. I hope the same for everyone else!

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Laura123 said:

i had my interview on the 24th. on the 25th my i130 got approved, but for 485 i got an email they are asking for RFE and they have sent it and i know what it is about cuz she told me at the interview . kinda sucks because now have to wait some more for them to get RFE process it and sometimes it takes 3-4 months to get back to that rfe. good luck to u 

would appreciate if you can share details about the I-485 RFE

AOS Timeline 

01/24/2018   Filed via Fedex 

01/30/2018   Package Delivered

02/06/2018   NOA1 text/email received

02/10/2018   NOA1 received formal copy by mail

02/17/2018   Biometrics letter received

02/21/2018   Early Bio walk-in unsuccessful<_<

03/01/2018   Biometrics Completed !!

03/03/2018   Courtesy letter to bring updated I-693 at the Interview

04/03/2018   Scheduled for Interview

05/07/2018   Interview Completed " Case under review"

07/02/2018   "We approved your case" for I-765 and I-131"

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Laura123 said:
13 minutes ago, harhad said:

would appreciate if you can share details about the I-485 RFE

At the end she said everything looks good. But she didn’t say approve or not. But she said I might need to provide court disposition for a Traffic ticket I had 3 yrs ago ( I thought traffic tickits don’t count grrr) All she said was we will hear in mail and if she needs anything extra she will sent a letter in mail. That was about it. I was hoping to get an approval on the spot 😞

Jlj4m8.png

8 minutes ago, Kitty Anh said:

Well, I finally had my interview today at Columbus field office. The officer walked out and looked at us, he came to say hi to us then said he only needed me into the interview and told my husband to wait outside. Below are the questions of my interview: 

- What is my birthday ? Address that I am staying now ?

- Yes no questions in the form I-485

- How did we meet ? 

(We did not have much evidences when we filed AOS, only my name on his health insurance and my name on his investment report. We also had very few pictures with his family in US because they live very far to the state)

- Then he said everything looked good but he couldn't give us an approval now. I myself offered him my husband newest tax but the officer said he didn't need it, everything fine.

- I asked the officer if he needed to interview my husband or not so I could go out and let him in but he said no.

- I also asked him about my status online, my case was actually family-based but the status online said Employment-based. He checked for me and he said no problem, I did everything good. Then he walked me out and wished me a great day, I wished the same to him. 

My status is now still showing Employment based interview...not change yet. I hope I could get approval soon. 

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kristina K said:

Just an update - we got our interview notice yesterday (one week after the email) and we have an interview in the Philly office on May 29! Will update once it has been completed.

Looks like Philly is moving fast on files.  My interview is May 24th.  Will try and write an update after my interview for your guys.

On 26/04/2018 at 6:27 AM, Jakk said:

Woke up today to notifications saying there was action taken on my case. Checked the tracker on the USCIS website - nothing. Then I checked myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and it says that card is being produced!!! Yay!!!

3 months from filing to approval. Pretty good actually.

Congratulations! I have my interview on Monday. I am hoping for a quick approval!

4 hours ago, Kitty Anh said:

Well, I finally had my interview today at Columbus field office. The officer walked out and looked at us, he came to say hi to us then said he only needed me into the interview and told my husband to wait outside. Below are the questions of my interview: 

- What is my birthday ? Address that I am staying now ?

- Yes no questions in the form I-485

- How did we meet ? 

(We did not have much evidences when we filed AOS, only my name on his health insurance and my name on his investment report. We also had very few pictures with his family in US because they live very far to the state)

- Then he said everything looked good but he couldn't give us an approval now. I myself offered him my husband newest tax but the officer said he didn't need it, everything fine.

- I asked the officer if he needed to interview my husband or not so I could go out and let him in but he said no.

- I also asked him about my status online, my case was actually family-based but the status online said Employment-based. He checked for me and he said no problem, I did everything good. Then he walked me out and wished me a great day, I wished the same to him. 

My status is now still showing Employment based interview...not change yet. I hope I could get approval soon. 

Seems like it went ok. I have mine on Monday. I feel better now that you asked about the employment based notification!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.