pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

I'm happy for everybody getting interviews, but I'll confess it is a little bittersweet for me lol 

I haven't got an update since Jan 12th according USCIS website and Jan 18th according to DHS. The update was, your case was received. 

Should I call and talk to a tier 2 or be more patient. I'm in the MSC, Memphis area if that matters. 

I have an OPT that will expire in July, I don't want to lose my job. 

To be quite honest with you and not knowing when you applied. I have been following VJ since August last year and the most weird cases have happaned here. The thing is, fair or not, you may not receive an answer you want from USCIS "You case is still under the normal processing times".

Sad but true. Go ahead and give it a try, call USCIS and try to call to a level 2 support and inquiry about your case but dont forget to keep track of other groups here as well. (If possible update your timeline so we can help you better).  

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

35 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

So far health insurance from his work, life insurance and we filed tax together. Although, he added my name as an authorized user on his checking account same as the phone line. Would that be enough proof?

Yes, that is good enough! :D

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

Hi guys!

I have a question and i hope somebody knows how to answer. We have got the interview scheduled in two weeks from tomorrow. I am trying to gather all the documents and for poof of relationship we have a joint bank account, car insurance, and 401k together as beneficiary. is this good enough?

We live with the in laws ( free of charge lol :)) for the moment being hence we dont have a lease with our names or no utility bills since they are the ones who pay it, and its in their names. 

How can we document the living situation? like can in laws write a letter to say we live with them would that be acceptable? 

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Hi guys!

I have a question and i hope somebody knows how to answer. We have got the interview scheduled in two weeks from tomorrow. I am trying to gather all the documents and for poof of relationship we have a joint bank account, car insurance, and 401k together as beneficiary. is this good enough?

We live with the in laws ( free of charge lol :)) for the moment being hence we dont have a lease with our names or no utility bills since they are the ones who pay it, and its in their names. 

How can we document the living situation? like can in laws write a letter to say we live with them would that be acceptable? 

Thanks!

@Laura123 Read this post I answered this morning, same question. Go to my signature and read my interview review, that will give you a good idea of what to take. Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

5 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Your documents should be good enough. We didn't present a copy of the lease because my name isn't listed on there, and we got approved. We just showed joint bank acct statements, car insurance, photos (which the IO did not bother to look at), marriage certificate, report of marriage (philippines), and the joint income tax return.

Edited by lezahennaid

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Hello,

I read a similar post where the couple was living with inlaws and it didnt cause any issue (who doesnt like savings lol), what you have is already good, if you have a cell phone family plan with both names it is good to add, also pictures. But what you have looks good already.

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi guys!

Have you tried the call back option of USCIS?

I did call this morning to report about my “user defined error” and was asked to wait for IO for a call back. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

@JjjbI'm in the exact same situation as you! My OPT end June 4th 2018 and I have not received an update since January 22nd when they received my case. I'm happy for everyone getting their updates but getting kind of nervous at the same time since I have not heard back yet. I guess we just have to wait and be positive.

Edited by peruvianflake

57 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

Your documents should be good enough. We didn't present a copy of the lease because my name isn't listed on there, and we got approved. We just showed joint bank acct statements, car insurance, photos (which the IO did not bother to look at), marriage certificate, report of marriage (philippines), and the joint income tax return.

Awesome thank you so much!! 

43 minutes ago, peruvianflake said:

@JjjbI'm in the exact same situation as you! My OPT end June 4th 2018 and I have not received an update since January 22nd when they received my case. I'm happy for everyone getting their updates but getting kind of nervous at the same time since I have not heard back yet. I guess we just have to wait and be positive.

Feeling the same too. I'm on a TN visa that expires on June 13. I am getting nervous. I plan to try to expedite if I don't hear anything by my 90-day mark (Jan 19 was my received date).

24 minutes ago, Lindsayacbeck said:

Feeling the same too. I'm on a TN visa that expires on June 13. I am getting nervous. I plan to try to expedite if I don't hear anything by my 90-day mark (Jan 19 was my received date).

My permission to work expires July 7th. I'll expedite if I don't hear anything before May 7th. I'm afraid because my job can survive very well without me. I heard that it needs to be a loss for the company as well right? They would never fire me, but I can be replaced, if need to be. 

38 minutes ago, Jjjb said:

My permission to work expires July 7th. I'll expedite if I don't hear anything before May 7th. I'm afraid because my job can survive very well without me. I heard that it needs to be a loss for the company as well right? They would never fire me, but I can be replaced, if need to be. 

Yes, I was told that my company has to show that losing me will cause financial loss. However, in my case, that will be easy to show. They would have some big issues if I was unable to work because no one on my team is trained to do what I do. Yes, I can be replaced too (anyone can), but the cost of hiring someone new and training them can be substantial, especially because I do specialized work. I guess, if your company could write a letter emphasizing the cost of doing a search, hiring, and then training someone else, that might help you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jjjb said:

If it's a financial loss for you then that is sufficient to expedite the EAD(according to my lawyer). You can present your case saying that you need your salary to live, pay for bills etc. That is what I plan to do if it comes to it. I am also going to request an Emergency AP if mine doesn't come within 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, JahRyl said:

Hi guys!

Have you tried the call back option of USCIS?

I did call this morning to report about my “user defined error” and was asked to wait for IO for a call back. 

That sucks man i had to wait for my call they called me back in like 1hr. Its best to call when they open in the morning on the dot 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GioRod said:

That sucks man i had to wait for my call they called me back in like 1hr. Its best to call when they open in the morning on the dot 

What is the best time to call them and ask for tier 2? 8am est? What state are they

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.