pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

See! I told you it's the interview letter. :D Super happy for you! Good luck!

Yesss!!!!!!!!! lol she told me about paper work is going to be forwarded to local office so then date can be set. I should be receiving interview date very soon she told me :) 

2 minutes ago, GioRod said:

dhs site for me says they received my RFE and I called today and they told me that. if I'm not mistaken dhs is only updated every 15 days the 15th and 30th cant remember what forum.

hmmm. Interesting. I will wait for mail. The first Feb filer got their interview letter yesterday. But they didn't get a RFIE and filed at the beginning of the month. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Just now, S*UK said:

hmmm. Interesting. I will wait for mail. The first Feb filer got their interview letter yesterday. But they didn't get a RFIE and filed at the beginning of the month. 

Y ea I hear ya. Hope you get some good news this week. :)

1 minute ago, S*UK said:

The reason I doubt that is because they only received my RFIE last week. I bet the update was to say they have resumed processing my case or something similar. Hopefully not another RFE

Could be, too. If you want to be sure, do what I did. Call USCIS, ask to be transferred to a tech support rep because you're getting a user-defined error (you'll likely have to schedule a callback), and when you get the callback, ask the person what the update on your case was. This is how I found out an interview letter was sent to me.

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

3 minutes ago, GioRod said:

Yesss!!!!!!!!! lol she told me about paper work is going to be forwarded to local office so then date can be set. I should be receiving interview date very soon she told me :) 

I'm so excited for you. :D Now everyone will want the user-defined error, too! Haha! :D:D:D 

I got my approval notice this weekend and I'm hoping to get my green card today or sometime this week. Wee!

01/12/2018 - NOA1

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

1 minute ago, lezahennaid said:

Could be, too. If you want to be sure, do what I did. Call USCIS, ask to be transferred to a tech support rep because you're getting a user-defined error (you'll likely have to schedule a callback), and when you get the callback, ask the person what the update on your case was. This is how I found out an interview letter was sent to me.

Good advice was goin to say the same thing.

Good Morning! 

I was reading Visa Journey yesterday and was so jealous reading some good news for those oustfilers who received their interview schedule from USCIS. 

Out of curiosity, I checked the USCIS website and was sad to see that there were no updates on my case since January 24. Went outside and checked our mailbox and saw a letter from USCIS. I was so skeptical to open it coz it might be an RFE. Luckily, it was my interview appointment scheduled next month :D:whistle:

Questions:

Do i really need to open a bank account (joint account)?

Add my name on the utility account (water & electricity)?

I just don't get the point of doing all of this where infact i don't have a job and income yet. 

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Just now, lezahennaid said:

I'm so excited for you. :D Now everyone will want the user-defined error, too! Haha! :D:D:D 

I got my approval notice this weekend and I'm hoping to get my green card today or sometime this week. Wee!

Very nice I'm happy for you as well. Just want to move on less stressed lol my wife wants to work as well and get life rolling she misses home and family adjusting has been lil hard for her but she's getting there :)

Just now, jaybeltisroy said:

Good Morning! 

I was reading Visa Journey yesterday and was so jealous reading some good news for those oustfilers who received their interview schedule from USCIS. 

Out of curiosity, I checked the USCIS website and was sad to see that there were no updates on my case since January 24. Went outside and checked our mailbox and saw a letter from USCIS. I was so skeptical to open it coz it might be an RFE. Luckily, it was my interview appointment scheduled next month :D:whistle:

Questions:

I just don't get the point of doing all of this where infact i don't have a job and income yet. 

Congrats I have the same question about bank account and also thing for me I live in a rented apt/room but I'm unable to have utility's under my name or  my wife's name. Only thing I have is that my wife is on my health insurance and that she in my beneficiary  . Hope someone can answer for us :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Good Morning! 

Questions:

You dont need, not mandatory. Read my review (link below) had the interview with no joint account but instead took with me other proof. It worked great.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

7 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Good Morning! 

Questions:

The website is very unreliable. Best way to track is to call and ask for a tier 2 rep. Anyway congrats! Almost at the finish line. :D

To answer your questions, no, you don't have to do either of those things but you do need proof that you are married and living together. What documents do you have right now? Based on my interview experience, the IO did not even care about my photos. She did look at our joint bank account statements and the income tax return we filed jointly. We also submitted a document that shows we reported our marriage to my country. But yeah, you do not have to do these things but you have to have proof that you are together-- that means documents that have both your name listed. 

Edited by lezahennaid

01/12/2018 - NOA1

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm sitting here reading everybody's post abt interviews and approval and I'm really happy and excited for y'all but I can't help wishing I had gotten the same good news too! Worst its going on 3 weeks now since I've been getting the user defined error. I keep stalking the mail carrier,  every morning when informed delivery update comes in I check in hopes that a letter from uscis is there and of course nothing. I don't mind waiting i just don't want months and months to go by. I see people who filed well after me getting dates already. Anyways wishing you all good luck with your interviews I pray y'all get approved on spot and congrats to those who have already been approved!

5 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

The website is very unreliable. Best way to track is to call and ask for a tier 2 rep. Anyway congrats! Almost at the finish line. :D

To answer your questions, no, you don't have to do either of those things but you do need proof that you are married and living together. What documents do you have right now? Based on my interview experience, the IO did not even care about my photos. She did look at our joint bank account statements and the income tax return we filed jointly. We also submitted a document that shows we reported our marriage to my country. But yeah, you do not have to do these things but you have to have proof that you are together-- that means documents that have both your name listed. 

So far health insurance from his work, life insurance and we filed tax together. Although, he added my name as an authorized user on his checking account same as the phone line. Would that be enough proof?

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

So far health insurance from his work, life insurance and we filed tax together. Although, he added my name as an authorized user on his checking account same as the phone line. Would that be enough proof?

Whether or not that is enough no one here will be able to answer. What about Car Insurance? What about mobile phone plans? There are a number of things he can add you to be part of....I dont suppose you read my review. Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

I'm happy for everybody getting interviews, but I'll confess it is a little bittersweet for me lol 

I haven't got an update since Jan 12th according USCIS website and Jan 18th according to DHS. The update was, your case was received. 

Should I call and talk to a tier 2 or be more patient. I'm in the MSC, Memphis area if that matters. 

I have an OPT that will expire in July, I don't want to lose my job. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.