pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

Hello guys, hope everyone is well.  Are there instances where people get approved without going through an interview?  I have heard something like that but I am not sure if this is a possibility.

It appears everyone goes through the interview for AOS now. A couple of years ago they would select randomly who went through the interview (especially for k1 visas....probably because k1s had to provide proof of relationship at the k1 interview). But those days are gone......

Well its been a month since our interview and nothing. No approval on the website or denial. The officer said everything looked good and to look for mail in 30 days. I am assume that is 30 business days so I guess I have a couple more weeks before I should be concerned. I guess I better send in my renewal for my EAD as its up in May next year. I am really really worried and wonder if I am not getting the green card. I would be devastated. I have a super great job that I love and I just got a raise to boot after 4 months. Sigh. I am playing off as nothing is wrong to my husband but I am super scared that maybe I am not getting the green card.

People who interviewed just before us and after us have all got their green cards so this is why I worry. I am beginning to think I should have stayed in Canada.

Edited by pajobra

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

@pajobra, they said it could take up to 120 days, so don’t worry yet, they’ve been having issues with their website and this week was one day shorter for them, don’t give up. I’m sure everything will be fine!

I got my card today! 

Be strong, I’m sure you’ll hear from them soon.

Edited by MrsMcCannigan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, pajobra said:

Well its been a month since our interview and nothing. No approval on the website or denial. The officer said everything looked good and to look for mail in 30 days. I am assume that is 30 business days so I guess I have a couple more weeks before I should be concerned. I guess I better send in my renewal for my EAD as its up in May next year. I am really really worried and wonder if I am not getting the green card. I would be devastated. I have a super great job that I love and I just got a raise to boot after 4 months. Sigh. I am playing off as nothing is wrong to my husband but I am super scared that maybe I am not getting the green card.

People who interviewed just before us and after us have all got their green cards so this is why I worry. I am beginning to think I should have stayed in Canada.

It could be that there was a holiday in between the interview and now.....(and one coming up)

Did they ask for anything at the interview? Was the I 864 in order (did he make enough money to support the AOS?) I can’t imagine there would be a lot of scrutiny in your case (You aren’t from a “high fraud” country). Maybe they are just backlogged?

4 hours ago, janet3 said:

It could be that there was a holiday in between the interview and now.....(and one coming up)

Did they ask for anything at the interview? Was the I 864 in order (did he make enough money to support the AOS?) I can’t imagine there would be a lot of scrutiny in your case (You aren’t from a “high fraud” country). Maybe they are just backlogged?

Nope they asked for nothing. All the guy told us after our 15 minute interview was how glad he was that I had all this evidence and that everything looked in order and to look for mail in the next 30 days. I guess I just worry so much. I can't imagine not being with my husband.

Guess I just needed more patience. Thanks for letting me vent the other day. Today I got notice from uscis that my new card was being produced. Oh how the weight has gone from my shoulders. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, pajobra said:

Guess I just needed more patience. Thanks for letting me vent the other day. Today I got notice from uscis that my new card was being produced. Oh how the weight has gone from my shoulders. 

Congrats!!!! Glad you are getting your card. 

Im still waiting for my interview date. I will let everyone know once I get it. 

Good luck to everyone out there.

hi folks!! i applied aos for my wife march 2018 and already file i 130 in march 2017!! she got her combo card in aug 2018!! .last month i got update in her account that interview is canceled. we dont get any letter about interview or update suddenly we just see inter view canceled.its wierd. i called uscis and they said its error in some online account and u have to wait for interview scheuled.this happened 22 oct 2018. just today 12 dec 2018 i got email from national visa center about case number and some information about our case.and its said about pay the fee for counclar process. my wife has iranian passport and for travel ban they dont issue any visa for her she cant go through councelar process from canada. she has aos inside usa and there is no other way for her. what shoudl we do now? thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 12:58 AM, pajobra said:

Had the same exact problem. Reach out to your senator, congressman and also ombudsman. I actually wrote to a couple of senators and co congressman. I got approval message literally the next day after my inquires. 

Good luck!

Timeline
On 12/14/2018 at 10:09 AM, pajobra said:

My card came today. Omg it feels good. 

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting to hear about my interview date. :( Hopefully, it will be soon. I am applying to renew my EAD/AP this week just in case it takes too long. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/14/2018 at 11:09 AM, pajobra said:

My card came today. Omg it feels good. 

Congratulations! I can't imagine how that feels!

I decided to check in since it'd been so long and discovered your happy news.

Nothing new for us since going to the "waiting for interview" status back in March.

Looks like AOS in Phoenix is completely stalled.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, DanielTan said:

Hi,

Yes, my receipt number disappeared too. That was months ago though. Hopefully, we will get our Green cards soon. 

I will keep everyone posted. Good luck to everyone out there!

Hey Daniel!

My wife received the interview notice recently! and we are scheduled on Jan 8th for the interview :)

I hope you receive yours soon too!!

Timeline
On 12/24/2018 at 5:44 PM, klamchop said:

Hey Daniel!

My wife received the interview notice recently! and we are scheduled on Jan 8th for the interview :)

I hope you receive yours soon too!!

Hi!

Thanks for letting me know. Did you get a text message or an email? Or was it just a notice in the mail?

Good luck with your interview! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.