pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Okay.....

Our AOS interview is now less than a week away.....

This is the documentation that I have (bonafide relationship evidence):

2017 tax return 

Financial power of attorney for he and I

Bank statements for joint checking account (December 2017 to October 2018)

His ID and fishing license with our joint address 

Medical insurance bills and receipts in both our names (since December 2017)

Rental insurance policy in both our names

Statement from my father stating we are all on a “family plan” for cell phones 

Statement from sister and father that we live in a property owned by family company 

electric bill in both our names (just one)

cable bill in both our names (just one)

Lowes cards

Sams cards

Pictured (both of us together with friends) and receipts from trips to Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas 

Pictures and receipts from a trip to missouri with my father 

several pictures with the dogs, fishing with my father, pictures together.....

we didn’t have a wedding so no wedding photos 

He doesn’t drive so their is no car insurance 

what do you guys think? Is it enough? What can I add?

On 10/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, janet3 said:

Okay.....

2017 tax return 

Statement from sister and father that we live in a property owned by family company 

Lowes cards

Sams cards

Pictured (both of us together with friends) and receipts from trips to Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas 

Looks good to me Janet. My list looks bout the same. We just got me added onto our rental lease since it renews November 1st. We only have the picture of us that the Judge took after he married us at the courthouse so no wedding here either. I am collaging some of our Facebook pics onto pages so hopefully that will suffice. I never thought of Power of Attorney. That is a great idea. We are heading to carmax today to pick up our new to us car. It is in both our names so we will bring that with us including our car insurance. I just started gathering our stuff for our November 8th interview. 

Super excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear how it all went.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My husband's Green Card interview is this Wednesday. We really want to go to Ireland for Christmas and tickets are getting CRAZY expensive. If we book tickets for Christmas before his Green Card is approved... is that a violation of status? Even if he wouldn't be leaving the country till December? 

Basically, has anyone booked flights before their spouse's Green Card was approved? He does not have a I-131 by the way, he didn't apply for it because we figured the Green Card would arrive before. 

Thank you,

Rae 

1 hour ago, Rae Bulin said:

Hello everyone!

My husband's Green Card interview is this Wednesday. We really want to go to Ireland for Christmas and tickets are getting CRAZY expensive. If we book tickets for Christmas before his Green Card is approved... is that a violation of status? Even if he wouldn't be leaving the country till December? 

Basically, has anyone booked flights before their spouse's Green Card was approved? He does not have a I-131 by the way, he didn't apply for it because we figured the Green Card would arrive before. 

Thank you,

Rae 

It is not a violation of anything to book tickets.  As long as he has the GC before he leaves.  

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

My interview is in less than a month, got the notice on Friday! Yay! I’m so nervous!!!!!

And I also got my EAD card today!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, janet3 said:

Okay.....

2017 tax return 

Lowes cards

Sams cards

I think that’s good enough!! 

What do the statements from your father say? I’m curious because I’m also living in family property and it didn’t occur to me to bring a statement saying so!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MrsMcCannigan said:

I think that’s good enough!! 

What do the statements from your father say? I’m curious because I’m also living in family property and it didn’t occur to me to bring a statement saying so!

Thank you!

It’s actually just a simple “Redouane and Janet are currently living in a house owned by XXX and have been since November 15, 2017” then signed by my father and sister and dated. 

It was the only thing I could think of to do since I don’t have a lease or own the house. 

As for the family phone plan I just made a copy of the bill and wrote a letter (signed by my father since it’s in his name) listing all of the phone numbers and who they belong to (there’s six of us on one plan)

Timeline
4 hours ago, pajobra said:

Looks good to me Janet. My list looks bout the same. We just got me added onto our rental lease since it renews November 1st. We only have the picture of us that the Judge took after he married us at the courthouse so no wedding here either. I am collaging some of our Facebook pics onto pages so hopefully that will suffice. I never thought of Power of Attorney. That is a great idea. We are heading to carmax today to pick up our new to us car. It is in both our names so we will bring that with us including our car insurance. I just started gathering our stuff for our November 8th interview. 

Super excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear how it all went.

Thank you!

I would take credit for the Power of Attorney idea....but it was actually one of the mod’s ideas  (I read about it in a different thread a long time ago) 😉 and it’s super easy to do in Arkansas.

Congratulations on the car! 

I am so nervous about the interview. I just hope it goes smoothly.

Timeline

So......

The interview was today. And he was approved! Sort of.....

We had an interpreter there, the massive “proof of relationship” paperwork, the interviewer asked four questions of my husband “have you ever been in deportation proceedings? Have you ever committed a crime? Where are you working? How should your name read on the green card?” (The interpreter didn’t have to speak....my husband answered in English) The IO didn’t want any of the paperwork I had brought.

The IO told us we are approved BUT.....

USCIS didn’t send the field office the file with the K1 and medical so IO would need to request it (and as long as everything is good.....no criminal record) we would be approved......

back to waiting 🤪

3 hours ago, janet3 said:

So......

The interview was today. And he was approved! Sort of.....

We had an interpreter there, the massive “proof of relationship” paperwork, the interviewer asked four questions of my husband “have you ever been in deportation proceedings? Have you ever committed a crime? Where are you working? How should your name read on the green card?” (The interpreter didn’t have to speak....my husband answered in English) The IO didn’t want any of the paperwork I had brought.

The IO told us we are approved BUT.....

USCIS didn’t send the field office the file with the K1 and medical so IO would need to request it (and as long as everything is good.....no criminal record) we would be approved......

back to waiting 🤪

Congratulations! That sounds good!
I bet its just a matter of a few days! If everything is ok on your end... no worries. They wouldn't tell you he's approved! :)

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, DanielTan said:

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted please!

I still haven't gotten any notifications. Hopefully, they will come soon. 

Thanks for the AP info! My wife went back to HK for 2 months to visit her family, hopefully everything will be smooth when she comes back!

and we are anxiously waiting for the notice too...I checked the AOS receipt number online and it disappeared...is it the same for you too?

I heard that it's a "good sign" that it is in process?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 12:27 PM, klamchop said:

Thanks for the AP info! My wife went back to HK for 2 months to visit her family, hopefully everything will be smooth when she comes back!

and we are anxiously waiting for the notice too...I checked the AOS receipt number online and it disappeared...is it the same for you too?

I heard that it's a "good sign" that it is in process?

Hi,

Yes, my receipt number disappeared too. That was months ago though. Hopefully, we will get our Green cards soon. 

I will keep everyone posted. Good luck to everyone out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my husband and I are getting ready to check out of our hotel and head over to the immigration office for our interview in 2 hours. My poor husband was so nervous he got sick. I have him fixed up now. I told him we have what we have and wont offer up extra unless they ask. He is worried because he no longer makes enough to support me but I filled out the supporting household form thing as I make more than enough so we will see. We have a sponsor lined up if we need one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.