pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

I did an infopass last april and was told that my case was ready to be scheduled for an interview and haven’t heard anything also.

When is your Pd?

PD Jan 16th i called them in March and that's what thet told me! My husband going on deployment in couple months I'm really hoping i get an interview before he leaves

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good morning all. I am a feb filed but it was sent in Jan. Had biometrics in March then nothing.  Allied two weeks ago and was told we are outside the time lines so they put in a service request. Was told I’ll hear something in two weeks. I got a letter over the weekend consisting of an RFI. Claiming I didn’t submit proof of income level, employment letter, tax returns for 2017 and bank statements. I did as I have a copy of everything. Feels like someone is covering their butt and claiming I messed up. Anyone know how long after resubmitting the requested items it takes to hear back. The RFI is just for the AOS and said nothing about AP and EAD. Not sure if everything is in limbo now or what. Any insight is much appreciated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3.6.2018 at 2:15 AM, DanielTan said:

Thank you!

Im sure you will get your soon Sarah_F. Dont worrry!

Ill keep you posted with my AOS updates. 

I got my EAD approved on Friday! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So after being all excited about finally having my greencard , I went to try and renew my drivers license again. 

Aaaaaand they couldn't verify me through SAVE. Said my name was wrong. They then tried my maiden name. Still says wrong.

I desperately need to go to Social Security to update my name and have the work condition taken off it, but I know they use SAVE too, so I tried calling the SAVE hotline this morning... and apparently the entire system is down with no timeline of when it will be working again.

I have a job interview on Friday and desperately need to be able to drive and prove my ability to work! Everything sucks right now.

4 hours ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Good morning all. I am a feb filed but it was sent in Jan. Had biometrics in March then nothing.  Allied two weeks ago and was told we are outside the time lines so they put in a service request. Was told I’ll hear something in two weeks. I got a letter over the weekend consisting of an RFI. Claiming I didn’t submit proof of income level, employment letter, tax returns for 2017 and bank statements. I did as I have a copy of everything. Feels like someone is covering their butt and claiming I messed up. Anyone know how long after resubmitting the requested items it takes to hear back. The RFI is just for the AOS and said nothing about AP and EAD. Not sure if everything is in limbo now or what. Any insight is much appreciated. 

Hello,

So sorry to hear that you are going through this. I am a January filer, and I had a legitimate RFI in February. We forgot to fill out one line on the I-864, so we had to resend the form with all of the supporting documents. At the time when I called, they told me that my RFI would restart the clock on everything. However, I am not sure it it impacts the EAD, since there seem to be conflicting reports when you google it. I will never know because I ended up having to expedite. Last week, I received my EAD and my I-485 status finally changed to ready to schedule for an interview. However, these things happened because of the expedite request I submitted through my Senator and Congresswoman's offices. I think I would have had another month at least without the expedite...

29 minutes ago, lucelib said:

I filed Jan 5th and just got a notice saying my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. How long after getting this notice does it normally take to receive the date of the interview?

Depends on your local field office could be a while till you get a date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So When should I try to contact USCIS ??? The online time estimate says 5 months. I’m officially in the 5th month mark. ( January filer) after biometrics in February nothing has happened.

Am I outside processing time? And how can I contact them?? When I try calling a machine just reads what I’m already seeing online :/  

1 hour ago, NataliaDenz said:

So When should I try to contact USCIS ??? The online time estimate says 5 months. I’m officially in the 5th month mark. ( January filer) after biometrics in February nothing has happened.

Am I outside processing time? And how can I contact them?? When I try calling a machine just reads what I’m already seeing online :/  

Actually the online Estimate says this now so technically you are still in processing time. :(

4 Months to 6 Months
Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
December 15, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Foxrup said:

My EAD and AP approval notices arrived today. I want to be excited, but the fact that I had my interview on the same day as they got approved and that there is no update on my green card yet makes me feel disappointed.

Well I didn’t received anything yet. But i have already my usps tracking for ead/combo card. While my gc still says new card was being produced and already approved right after aos interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, pajobra said:

Actually the online Estimate says this now so technically you are still in processing time. :(

4 Months to 6 Months
Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
December 15, 2017

I think there’s a lot of us in the same boat with no response after biometrics. I’ve got the day off next week and we’re planning on going to our Congress man and senators office to file a petition on our behalf. Not sure if it will do anything but we feel any assistance is better than just hearing the same thing week from Uscis. That there is no news and we are within normal processing timelines. This especially when I’m seeing petitioners that filed after us already have their Green Card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, gtiorobertsf said:

I think there’s a lot of us in the same boat with no response after biometrics. I’ve got the day off next week and we’re planning on going to our Congress man and senators office to file a petition on our behalf. Not sure if it will do anything but we feel any assistance is better than just hearing the same thing week from Uscis. That there is no news and we are within normal processing timelines. This especially when I’m seeing petitioners that filed after us already have their Green Card.

I just opened my email today after writing the above blurb

This is what I received. Are they just being cruel???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, gtiorobertsf said:

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

I got one of those too. Dated for May 17, 2018 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, gtiorobertsf said:

I just got the same today with May 22nd in there too. I don’t understand lol (I am a Feb 5th filer) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.