pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Got confused. Which one will be receiving soon. Since my aos still on validation error even though I finished my interview.

Logic says your EAD combo card, since it showed the card was being produced when you arrived home after the interview, and you weren't approved on the spot. But your guess is as good as mine... As far as we know, they might have updated the wrong case number with your GC approval.

Just wait and see, you should get something by next week likely.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How’s your interview? My aos still in validation error. And ead still in card in production. I guess i will wait what will comes first in my mailbox

My interview was ok. My AOS still says that my interview was scheduled and my Ead says rhe same as yours. I hope something changes soon or that we get something in the mail unexpectedly 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm about to start ranting (for those of us who have not received EAD or AP). The inquiry date yesterday was December 31, 2017...this early morning it changed to December 10, 2017.....it now takes 4 to 6 months.......ugh

57 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I'm about to start ranting (for those of us who have not received EAD or AP). The inquiry date yesterday was December 31, 2017...this early morning it changed to December 10, 2017.....it now takes 4 to 6 months.......ugh

Says December 11, 2017 now not that that is any consolation. :( 

However on the good side the Denver field office used to say 14-30 months for AOS now says 11.5-26 months. WOOHOO I like that number better. lol Not that I believe it muchly. HA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
20 minutes ago, pajobra said:

However on the good side the Denver field office used to say 14-30 months for AOS now says 11.5-26 months. WOOHOO I like that number better. lol Not that I believe it muchly. HA

I just checked the processing time for San Diego local office as well and it now states 9-22 months which is longer than it’s used to be i think it was from 6-17 months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Truly...after the whole k1 thing....I wouldn't expect anything less :rolleyes: 

Just venting.....it will come....we will be okay....

(I just really want him to have a driver's license.....he's a backseat driver and he's driving me crazy!:blink::D:blink:)

And my local office added 2 months to the timeline....because....yep....of course it did...it's bordering on comical at this point.....I'm like the anti Midas  :P

Edited by janet3

12 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Truly...after the whole k1 thing....I wouldn't expect anything less :rolleyes: 

Just venting.....it will come....we will be okay....

(I just really want him to have a driver's license.....he's a backseat driver and he's driving me crazy!:blink::D:blink:)

And my local office added 2 months to the timeline....because....yep....of course it did...it's bordering on comical at this point.....I'm like the anti Midas  :P

Yeah you had a rough K-1 ride for sure. lol HAHAHA at the backseat driver. I was lucky to be able to get a three year temp license from Colorado with my AOS NOA1. I do all the driving pretty much. The only driving my husband does is when he goes to work. He is currently undergoing treatment on his eyes that does not effect his eyes but he needs new glasses so he prefers it if I drive which I do not mind. I love to drive. Although because he has the vehicle during the week finding a job is difficult. :( However, I applied where my husband works which is an inbound call centre for insurance. I just learned that I passed their first round of employment assessment testing and they will contact me within the next two weeks for a phone interview. If I pass that I will have another interview but in person. Its not my ideal job but it pays 15.50 to start full time with benefits so yeah I can suck it up. My husband and I may never see each other though. LOL Because he works 8:45am-5:45pm and usually new hires work 12pm-9pm. lol although if I make it I will have six weeks of 8-5 training. We figure I can drive him to work and then drive back later and he can take the vehicle home and then come pick me up later. Makes for using more gas but soon as I get my first paycheque I plan on getting a secure credit card so I can build up my credit and be able to get a car. We know that I will need one plus his vehicle is older and might only last another 5 years.

Just noticed on the USCIS.gov website that they put my status as this. Just noticed it today but it says it was changed to this the day of my interview.

''We are producing your card and will mail it to you''

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

6 hours ago, DanielTan said:

Hi everyone, 

Just got my EAD/AP combo today!

NOA1: January 11th

Approval: May 22nd

Card in Mail: May 31st

It took a long time but at least I got it. For anyone wondering, I did get updates on the USCIS website and on my phone. 

GC status:

After that no changes except on the USCIS website. My case says it was reviewed on March 20th but I havent gotten any updates since then. 

Good luck to everyone out there! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Do they give you a USPS tracking number for EAD? Does someone have to be home to recieve it? Just wodering so we don't miss the card :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, DanielTan said:

Hi everyone, 

Just got my EAD/AP combo today!

Approval: May 22nd

Card in Mail: May 31st

It took a long time but at least I got it. For anyone wondering, I did get updates on the USCIS website and on my phone. 

GC status:

After that no changes except on the USCIS website. My case says it was reviewed on March 20th but I havent gotten any updates since then. 

Good luck to everyone out there! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Congratz! You give me hope since my NOA1 is January 12 :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Interesting that some people are getting interviews and not getting their EAD/AP cards first.    In any case the EAD card is on the way for us :) :)    An email was received letting us know however the "glitch" is on our account online and the AP doesn't say it is on its way, but they are combo cards...very glitchy.  We have 2 letters from USCIS arriving today, a 1 pager and a 2 pager.  One has to be the EAD is being processed letter but the other one is a mystery.  Glitch heaven!

AOS

01-10-2018 -  AOS packet sent (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-12-2018 - NOA1 receipt date (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-16-2018 - 3 Texts/Emails Received (AOS)

01-27-2018 - NOA1 & Biometrics Appt letters received

02-09-2018 - Bio-metrics Appointment

02-09-2018 - Bio-metrics Appointment

05-25-2018 - I-797 for I-131/I-765 EAD and AP Approved

06-02-2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just received my green card in the mail. Heading to the DMV tomorrow morning so I can get my freedom back and then Social Security Office on Monday to remove the conditions on my SS card. It feels so nice to finally be able to apply for work. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, BeccaM said:

Just received my green card in the mail. Heading to the DMV tomorrow morning so I can get my freedom back and then Social Security Office on Monday to remove the conditions on my SS card. It feels so nice to finally be able to apply for work. 

Congrats!

Did you change your name? I'm just asking because I did and I had to change with SS office first, receive my card with new name and theeeen go to the DMV.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Congrats!

Did you change your name? I'm just asking because I did and I had to change with SS office first, receive my card with new name and theeeen go to the DMV.

Yes I did change my name, but I'm hoping because the DMV allowed me to use my new name on my temporary drivers license (that expired the day before my interview) that they will just continue to allow me to use that. They let me change it last time with just my marriage certificate. My social security is the one thing I haven't had changed yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BeccaM said:

Yes I did change my name, but I'm hoping because the DMV allowed me to use my new name on my temporary drivers license (that expired the day before my interview) that they will just continue to allow me to use that. They let me change it last time with just my marriage certificate. My social security is the one thing I haven't had changed yet. 

That's nice that you were able to change it before! In Phoenix they seem very strict about the ways should be.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.