pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

So we got an approval update on the USCIS login website! 

This was still showing biometrics fee received until this morning. The app and the case status online that updated when we got our interview is still showing as interview complete and must be reviewed. I find it really strange that we have an approval on the site that didn’t update since January and NO update on the site and app that DID update when we received our interview notice and completed the interview! 

I also have text alerts for the login site but didn’t get a text. I’m obviously thrilled but I’ll feel a lot better when I receive the actual notice in the mail. 

Congrats! Mine's the same way. The DHS login website changed first and the USCIS online status changed maybe a day later. You'll get it soon.

23 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

So we got an approval update on the USCIS login website! 

This was still showing biometrics fee received until this morning. The app and the case status online that updated when we got our interview is still showing as interview complete and must be reviewed. I find it really strange that we have an approval on the site that didn’t update since January and NO update on the site and app that DID update when we received our interview notice and completed the interview! 

I also have text alerts for the login site but didn’t get a text. I’m obviously thrilled but I’ll feel a lot better when I receive the actual notice in the mail. 

congrats

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Congrats! Mine's the same way. The DHS login website changed first and the USCIS online status changed maybe a day later. You'll get it soon.

Mine change on the USCIS online only. I  text messages too. However, the DHS website is still at "we received your application"

Yayy! My CARD is on the way. I saw it on the USPS informed delivery this morning.

16 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Thank you! Ooo, that makes me feel a little more confident. It’s just strange that my log in literally didn’t acknowledge the interview at all, it went straight from biometrics fee received to approval. It also has yesterday’s date on it but believe me I checked 7 million times yesterday and it was still showing biometrics. 

1 minute ago, lafe4c said:

Mine change on the USCIS online only. I  text messages too. However, the DHS website is still at "we received your application"

Yayy! My CARD is on the way. I saw it on the USPS informed delivery this morning.

Yayyy!!! I can’t wait for that update. I’ll be so relieved. 

Timeline

Now I am begining to think that the worst people to meet at an interview as IO 's are "blacks "  I have had very terrible experience with blacks since I came into this country even though I am black I think there is something inherently wrong ......... i sincerely feel like going back to Nigeria. If not for my wife , i told her i did not wnat this United States wahala........ i hate when humans play God.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mecco said:

Now I am begining to think that the worst people to meet at an interview as IO 's are "blacks "  I have had very terrible experience with blacks since I came into this country even though I am black I think there is something inherently wrong ......... i sincerely feel like going back to Nigeria. If not for my wife , i told her i did not wnat this United States wahala........ i hate when humans play God.

1 minute ago, mecco said:

something tells me that my IO must have had an relationship with an African and it did not turn out well.

Hey bruh you seem upset. What’s up?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mecco said:

4 minutes ago, mecco said:

something tells me that my IO must have had an relationship with an African and it did not turn out well.

Oh dear! what happened?

Timeline

Just looking back at my interview experience I feel the lady already had a premeditated bias ...... for example she wanted me to validate this because she claimed that "a Nigerian told her Haitians and Nigerians are not the the same"......  but because I know that they of the West African origin their natural build confirms that and some of the gods worshiped out their bears striking similarities with some deities in Nigeria I told that couldn't be correct .... And she said what the person told her really annoyed her. Na me be the person wey tell heR?:D:D

Timeline

please if anyone knows any good immigration lawyer kind facilitate me with his/her contact I might have to petition my case. even though i know the IO has a the discretion to approve me or not but it is also true that such discretion must be exercised judicially and judiciously with bias or favour in this instance I think their are other external factors that had imposed itself on my case and I feel I should petition to the office in in charge for my file to be taken away from the present IO. ................. I am truly unhappy and believe me I feel like going back home. I know of a certainty them no go school reach us if no be bad government

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 minutes ago, mecco said:

please if anyone knows any good immigration lawyer kind facilitate me with his/her contact I might have to petition my case. even though i know the IO has a the discretion to approve me or not but it is also true that such discretion must be exercised judicially and judiciously with bias or favour in this instance I think their are other external factors that had imposed itself on my case and I feel I should petition to the office in in charge for my file to be taken away from the present IO. ................. I am truly unhappy and believe me I feel like going back home. I know of a certainty them no go school reach us if no be bad government

What exactly happened ? You haven’t fully explained to us. Plus I think you should wait on the verdict first from her. But explain what happened exactly. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Hey guys, is there anyone awaiting interview or has had interview at the Norflok USCIS Application Support Center, Virginia? I wanna ask how long it took from “ready to be scheduled for interview.” Until when it’s finally scheduled.

Edited by simonvikih79

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guys,
I am about to start filing for AOS and wanted to ask:

My fiance and I are getting married in a church. Do people know/have experience with using their church marriage certificate to file?
Or does USCIS only take something from the courts?

Thanks!

Super confused by the DHS site right now! According to my case history my GC was being produced before my interview and a day before approval! It makes it very difficult to have faith in anything I see on that website! 😳3171D693-758F-41C9-BB51-954F30CDF668.thumb.png.8dd92f1020030b8ca66d95116c5ccfa3.png 

Also, I tried to do the usps informed delivery thing and it said they couldn’t identify me online and I have to go to the post office with ID. Anybody else have that? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.