pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jakk said:

Received this i-797 approval today. And just got a notification saying that my green card has been mailed today. Super relieved. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10b37.jpg

9 hours ago, lafe4c said:

Same here, got the approval notice today. Just got the message that my card has been mailed

Congratulation to both of you. Hope mine will be in a week or so. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview completed! Adjusting from K-1 visa, we had our AOS interview yesterday morning at 8:15 AM at the local USCIS office here in Des Moines.  

Then yesterday at 4:15 PM, I got text/email notifications that my case has been updated, and when I checked My Case Status, it has changed to "My New Card Is Being Produced"...!

does that mean I'm approved and the next step will be receiving a GC in the mail? will there be any more case status updates?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, NataliaDenz said:

Any January filers have gotten their EAD/AP on the mail, with no expedite or special cases??? Just good old January filer.... ANYONE ? Lol 

So far I haven't read of anyone getting their combo card that hasn't expedited from this thread-a lot of December filers are getting them already, though.

We just came back from our InfoPass and the officer told us to expect our EAD/AP in 6-7 months from filing. 

My wife and I have travel and wedding plans in June so we're going to try to expedite, to at least have some peace of mind.

Anyone filing in NC? I'm really curious to see what the times are like for interview scheduling here. I know there is a list of offices and times but it's just not accurate. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Interview completed! Adjusting from K-1 visa, we had our AOS interview yesterday morning at 8:15 AM at the local USCIS office here in Des Moines.  

Then yesterday at 4:15 PM, I got text/email notifications that my case has been updated, and when I checked My Case Status, it has changed to "My New Card Is Being Produced"...!

does that mean I'm approved and the next step will be receiving a GC in the mail? will there be any more case status updates?

Congrats! Yes. I received mine in this order too

MARRIAGE BASED AOS (Filed Concurrently)

Priority date: January 24 
Received text messages: January 29
Notice of Action: February 4

Biometrics appointment letter: February 11
Biometrics done: February 20

Request for Initial Evidence: February 16
Initial Evidence received: March 14

Expedite request: April 10 (Day 76 based on job offer)
Response to expedite request: April 16 ('your case is in our normal processing time')

Interview ready to be scheduled: April 25
Card (EAD) was mailed to you: April 27

Employment-based Interview scheduled: April 30

Waiting for the mails now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Happy New Month folks! May this new month bring us tons of good news about our documents! And to those of us with the notorious “user- defined error(s),” may we receive our interview notices and may our interviews be a success story!:)

Guys - I've noticed a lot of you have got interview notices super quick (including through Philly) - is there a pattern that you guys can see? I'm only asking because I seem to be going nowhere, fast. I haven't had an update on my case since September last year so just wondering if there's a pattern that y'all are seeing. 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats all of you had appointments and saw some one got approved. So happy for you guys. I am still waiting. Just hope can hear something about ead card. Want get it soon :(

1 minute ago, conan1234 said:

Congrats all of you had appointments and saw some one got approved. So happy for you guys. I am still waiting. Just hope can hear something about ead card. Want get it soon :(

Are you a January filer? I'm a July filer and still waiting for GC! 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: Country:
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Guys - I've noticed a lot of you have got interview notices super quick (including through Philly) - is there a pattern that you guys can see? I'm only asking because I seem to be going nowhere, fast. I haven't had an update on my case since September last year so just wondering if there's a pattern that y'all are seeing. 

Did u already do interview? Or stl waiting to be scheduled. 

2 minutes ago, Stt said:

Did u already do interview? Or stl waiting to be scheduled. 

Still waiting to be scheduled. I've not heard a peep since September 2017. That's why I find it so odd that a lot of 2018 filers are getting their interview notices. 

Edited by Adam&Allison

11 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Still waiting to be scheduled. I've not heard a peep since September 2017. That's why I find it so odd that a lot of 2018 filers are getting their interview notices. 

Could it be anything to do with the change in processing time for EAD/AP combo card? The wait is so much longer now that I feel like USCIS are pushing for people to be given green card interviews so they can drop the EAD/AP processing. 

I'm sorry you're still waiting though, that sucks. I'm assiming you have EAD/AP? How long did that take you to get?

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Just now, S*UK said:

Could it be anything to do with the change in processing time for EAD/AP combo card? The wait is so much longer now that I feel like USCIS are pushing for people to be given green card interviews so they can drop the EAD/AP processing. 

I'm sorry you're still waiting though, that sucks. I'm assiming you have EAD/AP? How long did that take you to get?

Not too long - I think we got it in a few months, we just had to renew it though which was a bit soul crushing. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from USCIS and got my hopes up, forgetting about the renewal, of course it was just the NOA1 for the EAD/AP renewal. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.