pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Laura123 said:

I received this update as well. Then shortly after received an Rfe saying they need more info. I plan to mail that rfe tomorrow 

What info did they find missing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, Kitty Anh said:

Well, I finally had my interview today at Columbus field office. The officer walked out and looked at us, he came to say hi to us then said he only needed me into the interview and told my husband to wait outside. Below are the questions of my interview: 

- What is my birthday ? Address that I am staying now ?

- Yes no questions in the form I-485

- How did we meet ? 

(We did not have much evidences when we filed AOS, only my name on his health insurance and my name on his investment report. We also had very few pictures with his family in US because they live very far to the state)

- Then he said everything looked good but he couldn't give us an approval now. I myself offered him my husband newest tax but the officer said he didn't need it, everything fine.

- I asked the officer if he needed to interview my husband or not so I could go out and let him in but he said no.

- I also asked him about my status online, my case was actually family-based but the status online said Employment-based. He checked for me and he said no problem, I did everything good. Then he walked me out and wished me a great day, I wished the same to him. 

My status is now still showing Employment based interview...not change yet. I hope I could get approval soon. 

So just to update that my status online have changed this morning to: "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Do you guys have any idea about this ? 

Edited by Kitty Anh

8 hours ago, Journey to Wells said:

What info did they find missing?

So i had recevied a traffic ticket for which i had to go to court like 4 years ago and they wanted the court disposition for that. 

My RFE arrived at home 2 days after the interview. 

I dont know how long after i mail it will they get back to my case again thats what im worried about, hopefully it wont take them another 3 months :( 

1 hour ago, Kitty Anh said:

So just to update that my status online have changed this morning to: "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Do you guys have any idea about this ? 

My status updated the same. 2 days later i received and RFE at home. But i was expecting the rfe cuz she told me at the interveiew that i was missing that document so she would sent rfe

Hopefully yours its approved soon if nohting came up during interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

My status updated the same. 2 days later i received and RFE at home. But i was expecting the rfe cuz she told me at the interveiew that i was missing that document so she would sent rfe

Hopefully yours its approved soon if nohting came up during interview 

Thanks Laura, I hope not another interview or any RFE. At the end the IO said everything looked good so it gave me hope :( 

I’m so disappointed right now. We just had our interview. We were asked for the letter and our passports and driver’s licenses, sworn in and were asked how we met. We were then asked the normal have you ever questions from the 485 and that was it. She didn’t ask for ANY documents. Nothing. Nada. I spent weeks gathering evidence, made an entire photo album and they asked for nothing. Not one thing. We literally gave over our passports and that’s it. We received a review letter and were told everything looked ok and she didn’t foresee any problems and we may hear this afternoon. We asked about the AP and she said it hasn’t even been looked at yet and said it could be 2-3 months for the GC to arrive if approved???? I’m so disillusioned right now. I feel like we weren’t given a chance at all. If we get an rfe I’ll be really mad because she didn’t ask for anything. 😞

Hey guys, our interview is coming up. How many of you ASKED and RECEIVED the 551 stamp after the interview? Asking because I still dont have my Combo Card and have trip planned for may..Thank you :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

I’m so disappointed right now. We just had our interview. We were asked for the letter and our passports and driver’s licenses, sworn in and were asked how we met. We were then asked the normal have you ever questions from the 485 and that was it. She didn’t ask for ANY documents. Nothing. Nada. I spent weeks gathering evidence, made an entire photo album and they asked for nothing. Not one thing. We literally gave over our passports and that’s it. We received a review letter and were told everything looked ok and she didn’t foresee any problems and we may hear this afternoon. We asked about the AP and she said it hasn’t even been looked at yet and said it could be 2-3 months for the GC to arrive if approved???? I’m so disillusioned right now. I feel like we weren’t given a chance at all. If we get an rfe I’ll be really mad because she didn’t ask for anything. 😞

Hey! Don't be. It should be that long I believe. Just be hopeful. I was not approved on spot, I was also not asked for any documents. I reminded the UP to take my daughter's birth certificate. I was approved 2 days later and got a mail that my card is being produced.

I received the hardcopy of the approval notice today. So just be hopeful

1 hour ago, Julia80 said:

Why being disappointed for not being scrutinized?

And in the Combocard approval it also says it can take up to 120 days to deliver. 

13 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Why being disappointed for not being scrutinized?

And in the Combocard approval it also says it can take up to 120 days to deliver. 

Because I spent weeks gathering evidence and I feel like if they say you MUST bring evidence of a relationship they should at least glance at it.

Every approval I’ve seen have had their card within 7-10 days so 2-3 months for production of a card seems excessive. 

4 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

Because I spent weeks gathering evidence and I feel like if they say you MUST bring evidence of a relationship they should at least glance at it.

Every approval I’ve seen have had their card within 7-10 days so 2-3 months for production of a card seems excessive. 

i think u should be fine. that is the general answer that they give 2-3 months but normally green card comes after 7 days. yours will prob come to 

23 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

i think u should be fine. that is the general answer that they give 2-3 months but normally green card comes after 7 days. yours will prob come to 

I hope so. I guess I just feel a little deflated after spending weeks getting everything ready and hyped up, for it to be over in a matter of minutes with no discernible outcome. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Julia80 said:

I hope so. I guess I just feel a little deflated after spending weeks getting everything ready and hyped up, for it to be over in a matter of minutes with no discernible outcome. 

I understand your frustration but as people said in here, it's better that than being questioned for hours. Haha

At least everything went well :)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

On 29/04/2018 at 9:57 AM, mecco said:

A quick question did anybody get to do their bio metrics again during the interview? I had to go through the bio metrics again , is there any chance that will delay the approval of my GC?

They took a photo and took both index finger prints but nothing else. 

3 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I understand your frustration but as people said in here, it's better that than being questioned for hours. Haha

At least everything went well :)

I think I would have preferred to be questioned, at least then I would know we provided everything we could, and they would see we are a legit couple.

I feel like, to them, we could be complete strangers. They don’t know just how integrated our two families are, I never got the chance to show them all the photos of our families together, on visits and for the wedding. We had 10 brits fly out to celebrate our day, it was like the British Invasion at O’Hare but they don’t know any of it. My mum and hubby’s mum talk regularly and my aunt and uncle who were unable to come to the wedding flew out this month to spend a week with us and hubby’s parents made a special trip from out of state to meet them. I just feel like they needed to know all that. I’m super sad tonight. Ordering pizza and opening a bottle of wine. Cheers! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.