pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

@Jakk@Laura123 Do you mind sharing your interview experience and questions as well as its outcome? 

I’ll write a detailed review once I get home. It was pretty pleasant, in short. 

18 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Mine went as well as it could I thought. I got an officer who apparently was her first day interviewing. She was super nice and very thorough - spent quite some time talking about our relationship. In the end she said that it was an obvious approval but she needed the approval from her supervisor since she’s new. 

Did you get approved?

Yea I don’t know she didn’t say anything. But she seemed enthusastic and my status online hasnt changed yet. Hbu did ur status change online

9 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Yea I don’t know she didn’t say anything. But she seemed enthusastic and my status online hasnt changed yet. Hbu did ur status change online

Nothing yet. Been checking every minute. Hoping it wouldn’t take too long cos it’d drive me cray. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hii guys i applied aos march 7 based on k1 visa last monday my case was showing error in the website.  I called uscis and they tier2 said that my case is recieved from our local office and its bieng schedules for interview and i should expect my notice soon in my mail . Does someone know how much that it takes ? ?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Seihu said:

Hi @Lafe4u,

Tomorrow being ur interview I wish you all the best, but could you be nice enuf to share the list of your supporting documents you have prepared for tomorrow.?

Thanks in anticipation..

Hi,

Thank you so much.

I went in today with copies of all the standard required documents in addition to copies of our health insurance, pepco bill, costco account, joint bank account and our daughter's birth certificate.

My appointment was for 8.00 am, we were 10 mins late, I checked in at 8.11 am, and the interviewer called us in around 8.16 am and we were done by 9.00 am. We were not separated,  stood for the oath taking only, sat down in a nice cozy office. The interviewer was a nice elderly man

The interview went well, no hassles at all, I went with my daughter as well and the interviewer was fascinated and told us about himself, he has 7 granddaughters, so we were just chatting about children generally, he showed us pictures of his own children and got to feed my daughter when she cried for her food. he waited until she was quiet to continue with the questions

The question asked were as follow:

all the questions on Form i-485

He asked that we tell him our love story and asked who will do the honors of relaying the story, my husband did and i chipped in somethings he left out.

He asked if I had any supporting documents and i handed him the supporting document listed above.

He asked my husband where he worked.

After which he requested for the form i-693 and i handed it to him. He told us everything looks super good and that we would hear from USCIS shortly and we went back to discussing about my baby and that was it.

he saw us off and explained to me that i will be issued a conditional green card and after two years i can update it to the permanent green card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Is it possible that interview got waived? I am adjusting from F-1. That would be strange but awesome I guess. 

I have called before and checked my statuses daily and there was no sign of an interview. I also have informed delivery.

If mail got lost and case is declined that would be too much to handle. I really hope that is not the case.

Yes, it is possible, my cousin got a letter that she should send her i-693 form to the Columbus field office in Ohio to make final decision on her adjustment. She is adjusting from a B2 visa. She earlier received a letter stating that if an interview is not required, they will mail her with instructions on where to send her Medical form. She mailed the form last week

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, lafe4c said:

Yes, it is possible, my cousin got a letter that she should send her i-693 form to the Columbus field office in Ohio to make final decision on her adjustment. She is adjusting from a B2 visa. She earlier received a letter stating that if an interview is not required, they will mail her with instructions on where to send her Medical form. She mailed the form last week

That would be pretty sweet and kind of unheard of lol. Let's see what happens. As of now, it still shows that interview is canceled. I don't mind it either way, but this confusing updates plant doubt and confusion. I sent my medical with the package. Please, keep us updated how your cousin's case goes. 

7 hours ago, GioRod said:

Good Morning Guy's

Any one getting interviewed soon in New York City ??

Nothing so far

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, fatima& abdi said:

Hii guys i applied aos march 7 based on k1 visa last monday my case was showing error in the website.  I called uscis and they tier2 said that my case is recieved from our local office and its bieng schedules for interview and i should expect my notice soon in my mail . Does someone know how much that it takes ? ?? 

Hi, girl!

Good to see you around and doing fine :)

I got my letter with the interview appointment a week after they scheduled it, and four days after I got an email informing me of the update on my case status.

Did the tier 2 specifically say your interview has been already scheduled? Just asking because sometimes the status change to 'ready to schedule an interview', but that really means nothing, just more waiting. 

Anyway, it seems you have been incredibly fast and lucky with that, since your biometrics appointment was only 3 weeks ago? Congrats :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Hi, girl!

Good to see you around and doing fine :)

I got my letter with the interview appointment a week after they scheduled it, and four days after I got an email informing me of the update on my case status.

Did the tier 2 specifically say your interview has been already scheduled? Just asking because sometimes the status change to 'ready to schedule an interview', but that really means nothing, just more waiting. 

Anyway, it seems you have been incredibly fast and lucky with that, since your biometrics appointment was only 3 weeks ago? Congrats :D

Hii there estibaliz its been a loong time😍 good to see you as well this process is driving us crazy😤  . The tier2 said that they are scheduling interview for me and they already recieved my case there and i should get the notice soon in the mail and i asked him that too are u sure or that might take time he said im sure ur iinterview is on its way so i don't know also my case status is showing error the only thing i can tell from the website that there is an update on my case march 16 . But no idea what that should mean . 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, fatima& abdi said:

Hii there estibaliz its been a loong time😍 good to see you as well this process is driving us crazy😤  . The tier2 said that they are scheduling interview for me and they already recieved my case there and i should get the notice soon in the mail and i asked him that too are u sure or that might take time he said im sure ur iinterview is on its way so i don't know also my case status is showing error the only thing i can tell from the website that there is an update on my case march 16 . But no idea what that should mean . 

Then let's cross our fingers and toes so that the letter arrives any day this week :) And interview by the end of May or early June ;)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
1 minute ago, Estibaliz said:

Then let's cross our fingers and toes so that the letter arrives any day this week :) And interview by the end of May or early June ;)

Thank u soo much i hope soo as well cuz home is killing me . I wish  the best for u too in ur interview its almost done for you now so hold on there girl .😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 7:46 PM, DebbieWRaney said:

We have the same receiving dates (Jan 23rd), almost the same bio appt (Phoenix), but my interview is scheduled for 16 days before yours. :)

Good luck guys!

Wow! You have an interview scheduled!

We haven't heard a peep since the biometrics that were done on 1/31.

I was really hoping for AP to be done in time for my Candian better half to be home to her mom's birthday this week, but no such luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know a workaround for the "user defined error" on the USCIS case tracking site?

The NOA1 receipt numbers for the AP and EAD work, but the number for the AOS/i-485 gets the error,

since I'm seeing people my in area getting interview dates with NOA1s weeks after ours, I've been

a bit worried. (We got the biometrics letter fine but have heard nothing since and the case tracker

obviously isn't working and hasn't for at least a month on the AOS.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, twoDs said:

Wow! You have an interview scheduled!

We haven't heard a peep since the biometrics that were done on 1/31.

I was really hoping for AP to be done in time for my Candian better half to be home to her mom's birthday this week, but no such luck.

Hey! I'm hoping you guys will hear about your interview soon!

I'm so sorry your wife won't be able to go to Canada for her mom's birthday :(

Fingers crossed for you!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.