pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Laura123 said:

Thanks for getting back. Oh Nice good luck!! I thought when you do expedite you fax the documents to them. Thats actually easier instead of them sending letter to you which takes 7 days is it really expedite then lol. i think they should request ppl to fax docs 

What day are in for your EAD? Im at 56 so you should be close to 60 or so ur almost reaching 75 soon.. I hope you get it soon 

Just faxed them all the documents they need. Will wait and see if they decide to expedite my EAD, if I don't see any updates till the end of the week, I will contact congressman to help fast things up. My PD is Jan 02, so almost 60 days.

22 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Just faxed them all the documents they need. Will wait and see if they decide to expedite my EAD, if I don't see any updates till the end of the week, I will contact congressman to help fast things up. My PD is Jan 02, so almost 60 days.

good luck!! i hope it gets expedited! Oh my PD is Jan 2nd too we have identical timeline..

Let us know what happens. :) 

44 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

just a quick question.. im in the same waters and idk how to tell the company that im still wating for EAD. as i dont know if they will wait for me... :( 

Did the new company ask u for it, and were they ok to wait for ur EAD and what did you tell them? thanks 

Hello hope everyone is having a good day

So I received biometrics apt letter for march 6 so looking forward to that. Also logged in to My USCIS account my i485 application status changed to RFE sent out I hope its an easy fix. Are there any common generic RFE's that are sent out so I can be on the look out for what they may ask ????

Thanks in advance for responses appreciated

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, GioRod said:

So I received biometrics apt letter for march 6 so looking forward to that. Also logged in to My USCIS account my i485 application status changed to RFE sent out I hope its an easy fix. Are there any common generic RFE's that are sent out so I can be on the look out for what they may ask ????

It depends on what you have submitted and what they will request for further verification. Usually, most people receive a RFE for Form I-693 i.e medical/vaccine form. I received that because I did not submit it with my application. That's the only one I know that may be termed as generic.

1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

just a quick question.. im in the same waters and idk how to tell the company that im still wating for EAD. as i dont know if they will wait for me... :( 

Did the new company ask u for it, and were they ok to wait for ur EAD and what did you tell them? thanks 

I'm adjusting from F1 visa, I had my old EAD and it expired earlier this year. I worked for this company last year and they decided to hire me, I just told them my situation and they agreed to wait till I have my EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
46 minutes ago, GioRod said:

Hi @GioRod! Also, some people receive RFEs requesting the copy of the marriage certificate or birth certificate with translation. I hope it's an easy fix. Let us know :)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

46 minutes ago, lafe4c said:

It depends on what you have submitted and what they will request for further verification. Usually, most people receive a RFE for Form I-693 i.e medical/vaccine form. I received that because I did not submit it with my application. That's the only one I know that may be termed as generic.

Hi @lafe4c So I did send it in the copy of vaccines report I think it maybe for marriage certificate I sent in a copy they may want the certified version bummer since it says copy's are accepted so if its that I would get one rite away hope so.

This is everything I submitted

3. Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative (note: use the non US Citizen spouse's married name on this form and list previous name/names)
4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).
4a. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses K-1 or K-3 Visa from Passport
5. K-1 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F **
K-3 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-130
6. Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid paper I-94 (front and back of form)
7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
8. A copy of your marriage certificate. Note: While a regular copy is allowed, submitting a certified copy is preferred as some members have received an RFE asking for this (so if one is available use that instead).
9. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name and A# on the back using a soft felt tipped pen or pencil. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the I-485.

10 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hi @GioRod! Also, some people receive RFEs requesting the copy of the marriage certificate or birth certificate with translation. I hope it's an easy fix. Let us know :)

Hi @DebbieWRaney Thanks for your response now that you mention that it maybe the reason I sent in a regular photo copy. I know we are allowed to send a copy but they may ask for a certified one so I hope its that.

This is what I submitted exactly what I sent in

3. Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative (note: use the non US Citizen spouse's married name on this form and list previous name/names)
4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).
4a. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses K-1 or K-3 Visa from Passport
5. K-1 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F **
K-3 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-130
6. Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid paper I-94 (front and back of form)
7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
8. A copy of your marriage certificate. Note: While a regular copy is allowed, submitting a certified copy is preferred as some members have received an RFE asking for this (so if one is available use that instead).
9. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name and A# on the back using a soft felt tipped pen or pencil. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the I-485.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For some reason, I am no longer able to track my AOS case. On the app, it says "case not found in USCIS" and on the USCIS site, it gives me a "user-defined" error message. When I check through my USCIS account, I can see the case was last updated on Feb 26, but when I click the case number, there's no status. 

Does anybody know what's going on? Anyone experiencing the same? It's just for the I-485. I can still track my EAD and AP applications. I'll try calling later to see what's up. So worried.

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

18 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

For some reason, I am no longer able to track my AOS case. On the app, it says "case not found in USCIS" and on the USCIS site, it gives me a "user-defined" error message. When I check through my USCIS account, I can see the case was last updated on Feb 26, but when I click the case number, there's no status. 

Does anybody know what's going on? Anyone experiencing the same? It's just for the I-485. I can still track my EAD and AP applications. I'll try calling later to see what's up. So worried.

My case was also updated on 02/26 but i got no email notification. i don't know why  you can't track your I-485 tho.. i  blv you don't need to worry.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Orkey said:

My case was also updated on 02/26 but i got no email notification. i don't know why  you can't track your I-485 tho.. i  blv you don't need to worry.

What was the update?

Timeline
3 hours ago, lezahennaid said:

SoI called USCIS and was transferred to a tier 2 rep who told me to contact the webmaster online to fix the tracking error. He told me the current status of the I-485, and he said that they sent a request for interview letter yesterday. Is this supposed to be the interview schedule? If so, that's so much faster than I expected. I haven't even heard anything about my EAD and AP yet. They don't send letters saying ready for interview, right? It's just a status if I'm not mistaken, and then they'll send a letter with the interview sched?

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
17 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

SoI called USCIS and was transferred to a tier 2 rep who told me to contact the webmaster online to fix the tracking error. He told me the current status of the I-485, and he said that they sent a request for interview letter yesterday. Is this supposed to be the interview schedule? If so, that's so much faster than I expected. I haven't even heard anything about my EAD and AP yet. They don't send letters saying ready for interview, right? It's just a status if I'm not mistaken, and then they'll send a letter with the interview sched?

@lezahennaid, if you don't mind could you please share your timeline with us, it's so surprising how quickly your case is almost at the interview stage, it's barely up to 2 months since you filed..right?  Wow 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.