pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Journey to Wells said:

Alright folks, I'm in a pickle. Our biometrics is scheduled for Friday (yay!) but my mom, the cosponsor, has decided to go off her rocker and withdraw her sponsorship. However, she hasn't said she's written in to officially withdraw, and she doesn't have any of his A numbers, receipt numbers, or even date of birth. So I don't even know if she can/knows how to officially withdraw. My question is: how/when will we know if she officially withdraws and when we need to have a new sponsor?!

Ok so I don't know much abt withdrawals but i assume based on what i read uscis would notify you if or when she withdraws! 

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/what-if-sponsor-withdraws.html

You would think that they could do better.  We received an I-797 rejection on the AP filing for failure to pay the fee. 

It was submitted concurrently with the AOSEAD, and the proper $1,225.  These forms were accepted, and the fee cashed.

Now, I will have to resubmit the AP package with the NOA1 for the I-485.

Not a real problem, but I hate the hassle.

Finally done.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Talako said:

You would think that they could do better.  We received an I-797 rejection on the AP filing for failure to pay the fee. 

It was submitted concurrently with the AOSEAD, and the proper $1,225.  These forms were accepted, and the fee cashed.

Check your forms! It's probably outdated triggering the rejection and not necessarily the fee. I think that's just a general notice they send out with possible reasons for rejection! They can definitely do better. 

Edited by Stewt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello guys, anybody here living in Maryland please?

Here is my Timeline:

Priority date: Jan8th

3 NOAs received on Jan 22th dated Jan 18th

I am starting to get a bit worried because it is almost 30days and no biometrics letter appointment yet, the NOAs stated that my applications were transferred to the National Benefit center, from my little research, according to where I live it was sent to Baltimore which is pretty slow from what I read.

So either everything is fine and they are just slow or the letter was sent and maybe lost in the mail...

I signed up for Informed delivery, email notifications on the case status online and also have the USCIS app and t doesnt show any update.

My husband thinks I am worried for nothing, but I thought I would ask just to get a 2nd opinion. 

Thanks

Have a great week

Hi. I live in Maryland.

My timeline is as follow:

PD: Jan 5th

NOA: Jan 11 

i-797  received on Jan 18th

Biometrics notice received: Jan 27th (notice of action date written on it was Jan 18th)

Appointment scheduled for Feb 9th, I went for it on Jan 29th.

Also, the National Benefit Center is not at Baltimore, if your case number starts with MSC then your case is at the NBC in Missouri. The field office is located at Baltimore. Just give it some more few days. your biometrics appointment notice should arrive

Timeline
Just now, sashulyasw said:

I am a little bit worried. We sent our paperwork on 22th and the received it on 26th but we still didn’t get noa. Is anyone still waiting from that date??

Don't worry too much! It took abt 14-15 days to get our noa1. Yours should be arriving soon!

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me.

We are approaching the end of our 90 days and are getting married next week so I've been getting AOS papers together. We will be Feb filers but I'm hoping you guys can help since you already filed.

1) I saw in the VJ guide that even if you have the vaccination sheet from your original medical you still have to go to a civil surgeon to get some other part of the forms signed? I'm confused. Is this true?

2) how do I know where my AOS is processed? Is this just the nearest office to my current location? 

3) I found out yesterday that my fiancé is likely going to be deployed at the end of the year for 6 months (right as we would possibly be getting an interview!!). What do I do? 

Thanks all! Hope everything is going well :star:

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Talako said:

I know that sucks and also check the version date of AP before filling the form. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Timeline
22 minutes ago, sashulyasw said:

I am a little bit worried. We sent our paperwork on 22th and the received it on 26th but we still didn’t get noa. Is anyone still waiting from that date??

If you have submitted G-1145 for all 3 forms then you should be receiving texts/e-mail notifications anytime soon(even midnight..i remember I received mine around 12:30 in the night) and once you get those notifications expect three I-797C in the mail within a week. Once you receive paper mail wait for another 10-15 days to receive for biometrics mail.

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

If you have submitted G-1145 for all 3 forms then you should be receiving texts/e-mail notifications anytime soon(even midnight..i remember I received mine around 12:30 in the night) and once you get those notifications expect three I-797C in the mail within a week. Once you receive paper mail wait for another 10-15 days to receive for biometrics mail.

Hey thank you for the answer! I submitted just one on top

of all threes and wrote it down in my cover letter. I am fine to get at least one NOA1 so I know my paperwork is there and they are working on it...

Timeline
22 minutes ago, S*UK said:

1) I saw in the VJ guide that even if you have the vaccination sheet from your original medical you still have to go to a civil surgeon to get some other part of the forms signed? I'm confused. Is this true?

If there is a check mark on "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE" on your fiancee's medical report from his home country then you dont need to see a civil surgeon. You just need to send photocopies of that medica report. If the Immunization Record section is not completely filled or completed then you will need to go to a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon to get the I-693 filled.

22 minutes ago, S*UK said:

2) how do I know where my AOS is processed? Is this just the nearest office to my current location? 

Most AOS documents  will be sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox and then later transferred to National Benefits Center at Missouri and then transferred to the local USCIS office in your area for interview(if any needed)

Edited by Aviinashh

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Timeline
26 minutes ago, S*UK said:

3) I found out yesterday that my fiancé is likely going to be deployed at the end of the year for 6 months (right as we would possibly be getting an interview!!). What do I do? 

No one can tell you how long it will take for the whole process to complete. I have seen where the whole process took just 4 months for some to complete and some took 6 months or more. It will all depend upon the officer working on your case

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

2 hours ago, Stewt said:

Check your forms! It's probably outdated triggering the rejection and not necessarily the fee. I think that's just a general notice they send out with possible reasons for rejection! They can definitely do better. 

The form is current, as I downloaded it from USCIS website. (Ver. 12/23/16, valid to 12/31/18).

I'm going to take the rejection at face value on the I-797, and say that they missed that it was filed with a I-485.

Easy fix, but an annoyance. 

Finally done.

Hi Guys,

So it shows mine was delivered picked up on the 28th with the exception of delays of it being in route to destination. Does anyone have the same date as me if so have you heard anything back .Also I tried tracking money orders they have not been cashed yet. (This was sent out via USPS priority) Just incase idk it they process FedEx or ups first even if they were received on same day.

Thanks for any responses in advance guys.

Hope everyone is having a Gooday.

image.thumb.png.bb3c8c40641118ebbe055ecf402ed020.png

2 hours ago, Aviinashh said:

No one can tell you how long it will take for the whole process to complete. I have seen where the whole process took just 4 months for some to complete and some took 6 months or more. It will all depend upon the officer working on your case

Thanks for the replies.

I'm aware that the timeline varies a lot.

I was curious if anyone knew of a protocol to follow if the US citizen spouse cannot attend the interview? Going off VJ dates it may be done by September but in the case that it's not, he won't be here.

Would I attend the interview alone and explain the situation...Would I have to push back the interview (potentially for 6 months)... Or is there some kind of waiver I would have to file to avoid an interview? 

TIA :star:

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.