pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello January filers!

I got on the mail today my whole package back and I hope you guys can help me figure something out. They stated that they rejected my i-485 (plus i-131, i-765) because of the incorrect amount.

But, as far as I know, we had to pay 1,225$ (1,140+85 for biometrics), right? Maybe they rejected because when I went to Walmart to get the money order, they couldn't do one for 1,225 so they did 2 orders (725+500).

That's the only explanation I could find. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

I wrote a check total of $1,760.00 and on my NOA1 receipts say I-485 Application/Petition Fee: $1,140.00; Biometrics Fee: $85.00;  I-130 Application/Petition Fee: $535.00. Hope that helps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stewt said:

Im so confused becuz I've known people who purchased their money orders from Wal-Mart and It was accepted! Now I'm worried I don't want them sending mine back.😯😕

I bought my Moneygram money order at wal-mart and all went pretty okay .. i have already got my biometrics appointment. you dont need to worry about you are good. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello January filers!

I got on the mail today my whole package back and I hope you guys can help me figure something out. They stated that they rejected my i-485 (plus i-131, i-765) because of the incorrect amount.

But, as far as I know, we had to pay 1,225$ (1,140+85 for biometrics), right? Maybe they rejected because when I went to Walmart to get the money order, they couldn't do one for 1,225 so they did 2 orders (725+500).

Thanks!

Walmart is, in fact, a financial institution (they also own several banks). The money orders are just like a "money gram" or "money order". It is a redeemable form of currency. However, Walmart does not issue it's money orders for more than  $1000. I think that is the problem....it wasn't a check for the exact amount  (it was 2 checks). 

Just an FYI....

Filed: Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I wrote a check total of $1,760.00 and on my NOA1 receipts say I-485 Application/Petition Fee: $1,140.00; Biometrics Fee: $85.00;  I-130 Application/Petition Fee: $535.00. Hope that helps. 

I did money order for 1000+140 stapled together for i-485 then 85 bio and 535 i130 So hope they accept that 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orkey said:

I bought my Moneygram money order at wal-mart and all went pretty okay .. i have already got my biometrics appointment. you dont need to worry about you are good. 

Ok whew thanks I think it should be Good! I did two MO for AOS 1000+140 and I staple them together then separate MO for 535 and 85 also in the cover I stated what ea money order was for as well as the check numbers assoc. with each

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stewt said:

Ok whew thanks I think it should be Good! I did two MO for AOS 1000+140 and I staple them together then separate MO for 535 and 85 also in the cover I stated what ea money order was for as well as the check numbers assoc. with each

cool, mine was 1000+225.. i only sent AOS,EAD and AP. 

The money order could be returned if you didn't address it properly. Yea! that's a thing"

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Orkey said:

cool, mine was 1000+225.. i only sent AOS,EAD and AP. 

The money order could be returned if you didn't address it properly. Yea! that's a thing"

Yea thats what I heard too! I still haven't heard back yet but i figured its still a little early since delivery date was 16th

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stewt said:

Yea thats what I heard too! I still haven't heard back yet but i figured its still a little early since delivery date was 16th

Mine was delivered 29th Dec.. got the text 01/10 so yea.. you cant be worried yet .. you are still pretty much safe. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 1/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, RocarrM said:

Hi , we sent our AOS by USPS in Jan 11 but still showing in transit delivery delayed. As we went to USPS post office to ask about the problem thry said the problem is in ELk Grove USPS post office in Chicago and idk whats the problem still waiting for mt package to be delivered to USCIS. Hope we both get there soon

just be patient.

@RocarrM, do you have any news on your package yet? I am still waiting and is still showing transit delivery delayed. Is the 10th day now and I just wish it can be deliver to USCIS soon 

8 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello January filers!

Thanks!

That's a bummer, I used cashier's check from my bank since I couldn't decide whether to use a personal check or not. My only guess would be, how you split the payment.

I wrote two cashier's check for $1,225 (I-485 + Biometrics) and $535 (I-130) on the memo part I wrote what they were for.

6 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Just got the biometric notice in the mail. Notice date: 01/12/2018. Appointment date: 01/31/18. Planning to walk in next week. Good luck everyone!

Oh My! I received the appointment letter yesterday and my appointment is exact on the same day as yours albeit in Seattle. I don't know how busy the place is and since I live about 50 miles away I am gonna walk in maybe on Wednesday or Thursday.

All the best.

6 hours ago, Eros99 said:

Oh My! I received the appointment letter yesterday and my appointment is exact on the same day as yours albeit in Seattle. I don't know how busy the place is and since I live about 50 miles away I am gonna walk in maybe on Wednesday or Thursday.

All the best.

My appointment is this Thursday and I am just gonna keep it and go that day. I have no reason to go in earlier anyway. lol I am gonna drop my husband off at work that day and head the hour north to Denver and spend the morning with my friend there and then take her out to lunch before I head to my 2pm appointment and then head home just in time to pick up my husband from work.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, S & G said:

@RocarrM, do you have any news on your package yet? I am still waiting and is still showing transit delivery delayed. Is the 10th day now and I just wish it can be deliver to USCIS soon 

Did you raise an inquiry with USPS?

7 hours ago, Eros99 said:

All the best.

Good luck! I live in LA and after reading a thread of the office I’m about to go I decided to walk in early. Hope everything works out! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.