pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I have a feeling the reason why the mails arrived so late was probably because they waited till the check was cleared but maybe I’m wrong. Don’t see any reason it took the mails 8 days to arrive... 

Is there a way for you to set up a notification whenever the money order is cashed? 

At least with MoneyGram there's no such a thing. So I need to keep on calling them to see if the money order was cashed.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

At least with MoneyGram there's no such a thing. So I need to keep on calling them to see if the money order was cashed.

@bestofluck you should be able to see it through your online bank...but I guess not all banks have this functionality.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jjjb said:

Hey guys,

I sent my package on 1-10, it was supposed to be a 2 day delivery. Tracking says "In transit: Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL 60680" since 1-13. 

I'm starting to freak out a little bit. 😥😖

Does anybody knows if they check the PO box everyday?

Riding on my experience, I will say don't worry. call USPS to raise an inquiry and just relax. it will get there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Guys, I just got my biometric appointment notice... I am schedule for 02/02... but i would like to do it earlier than that, does anyone know if that would be a problem or if it's even possible?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I registered a USCIS user name, and logged all my four receipt numbers in, you can then turn on both email and text notifications for these receipt numbers for updates. 

Oh wonderful thats good to know! When i get the receipts I'll do that.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Orkey said:

Hey Guys, I just got my biometric appointment notice... I am schedule for 02/02... but i would like to do it earlier than that, does anyone know if that would be a problem or if it's even possible?

That's cool, A lot of people do walk ins and based on their posts it doesn't seem like it's an issue unless the place is busy and whatnot. I have not received biometrics appointment letter yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Talako said:

Well, we put in the mail today (485, 765, and 131).  Let's see how it goes.

Soon you will receive your USCIS confirmation numbers (Aprox 2 twos).

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

That's cool, A lot of people do walk ins and based on their posts it doesn't seem like it's an issue unless the place is busy and whatnot. I have not received biometrics appointment letter yet.

thanks i am gonna try that .. i  will probably go there the same day that i will be going to the DMV.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 1/17/2018 at 3:09 PM, S & G said:

HI everyone! I need your comment please...

I mailed out the documents on 1/10 by USPS and still showing "transit to Chicago" when I track it. When I call the bank, cheque has not been cash out yet....

My wife K1 visa will be expiring on 2/8 and I am afraid she will need to leave the country if this doesn't get to USCIS on time. 

What should I do? 

Hi , we sent our AOS by USPS in Jan 11 but still showing in transit delivery delayed. As we went to USPS post office to ask about the problem thry said the problem is in ELk Grove USPS post office in Chicago and idk whats the problem still waiting for mt package to be delivered to USCIS. Hope we both get there soon

just be patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

On 1/17/2018 at 3:09 PM, S & G said:

HI everyone! I need your comment please...

I mailed out the documents on 1/10 by USPS and still showing "transit to Chicago" when I track it. When I call the bank, cheque has not been cash out yet....

My wife K1 visa will be expiring on 2/8 and I am afraid she will need to leave the country if this doesn't get to USCIS on time. 

What should I do? 

On behalf of your wife’s K-1 visa as long as she married you within 90 days don’t be worried because the requirement for the K-1 visa is to marry within 90 days with the US petitioner, once she entered to the US that day her K-1 visa has been expired even though she have six months.

There are people that they cannot apply for AOS immediately due to monetary problem but  they fulfilled the K-1 requirements so they are not going to be deported

Edited by RocarrM

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Orkey said:

Congrats. Yes you can, hopefully they will attend to you. Your Priority Date is ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, lafe4c said:

Congrats. Yes you can, hopefully they will attend to you. Your Priority Date is ? 

I dont have a priority date... really dunno why. maybe its not applicable to k1's.. tnx for your contribution.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.